Some theory with an effective technique

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
HermanLoup

Some theory with an effective technique

Postby HermanLoup » 29 Aug 2013 07:05

The dream according to science it is a creation of our mind, that works at the moment our brain it is relaxed along with our body, where it creates a projection of an imaginary reality at a given level of relaxation, the logic area usually deactivates, and that is the reason why we have illogical and nonsense dreams. There is also something called sleep paralysis, that science arguments it, as a disconnection of the body because of relaxation of the nervous system, the symptoms are no mobility at all except for the eyes. This sleep paralysis usually happens when you've had a lot of mental or physical activities. Science has lately been intrigued in the field of hypnotism and all the reactions in the mind, which is a real fact, so I recommend not underestimating this topic of dreams and all out of it.

According to esotericism it is a projection of our subconscious, where subconscious sends premonitory or interpretive messages, these dreams can also be messages from beings from other dimensions, or sometimes are dreams where we are supposed to let sleeping our physic body of flesh, to move with the astral body in the astral world. It is said that the astral world is the fourth dimension where there is an evolutionary side and other of involution, this dimension is the same one to which non-living beings go, it is said that at this dimension there is less physical density, so things may not be always as we know them. As sleep paralysis, esotericism considers as a trance state between reality and the astral level, where consciousness wants to control the physical body but can not, because the consciousness is using the astral body and not the physical-flesh one. However esotericism includes what science says, as a possibility of many that the dream gives.

According general psychology, dreams can be messages that are sometimes processed directly or indirectly aware from our subconscious. How does this works? This function like representations of one thing to another, for example. A cat could represent compassion, or a dog friendship, but take note that it does not depends on what we dream about, but how we dream, because if we dream an angry cat, it could mean the opposite, or a barking dog can represent slander. Another example, if you dream about a fox which is friendly, this could mean that your cunningness and sharpness are being of good use at the given moment of your life, but if you dream about a fox that bites you, could mean a premonition of a deceitful person that may want to harm you, or could represent, that your own cleverness it’s stunted, for some reason. Of course we may not dream always about animals. Also other exclusive symbols with names, numbers, money, a clock, places, hearing messages, and so on.

Interpreting dreams takes practice; things not always have a direct meaning because it depends what we dream and how we dream about, also taking other factors such as the emotional state in which we were sleeping. I can ensure that we will never dream something we do not know, and that’s why I say that dreams are a deep and marked symbol of what is in our mind, emotions, and even more, such as instinctual or locomotor dreams.

The mind dream, wind, it is the common one that we easily all know. The emotional dream, water, it’s the dream which representations are about very strong longings or desires that even tears might be. The locomotor dream, earth, it’s a dream where our locomotor system it’s projected, those might be about walking, and doing things of daily basis, in which sometimes there is a trip over in the projection, resulting in a jumping reaction in the bed, and finally. The instinctive dream, fire, it’s a dream about passions and instincts, where I believe, it could be related to our sexual fantasies or other instincts, like chasing something, feel being chased or being in a fight; all the mentioned things above, can be dreamed combined or separated, you may remember dreams and sometimes not, even so you can control them.

Why do we need this? To satisfy the curiosity of the interested ones in the study of mind, the subconscious, communication with beings from alternative dimensions, premonitions, astral travel, self knowledge, and so on. Regardless if you believe about what science says or what the esotericism proposes.

To control dreams you may take note of the next:

Let’s pretend that in the dream time the functioning part it’s the subconscious, but when we are awake, the functioning part it’s the conscious, for making the subconscious to become conscious, during the dreaming time we could create like a reflection, that will make us awake during the dream, to make that, we need to ask ourselves during the normal awake time; if we are dreaming or sleeping? We are we? What am I doing? Watching carefully everything around, and so on.

Why? Because when we have this habit in the real world, our mind will create a reflection, so marked, that during dream, we may ask ourselves the same thing as we did in the real world and so on, we may notice that we are not really in the normal world, we will remember that we slept from hours ago and notice that we are actually dreaming.

This may seem absurd, but if you note that during dream everything could be as real as the normal world, so real, that we may never notice the difference of this, to question ourselves what are we doing. Take note that during dream we do the same thing as when we are awake.

That’s why this exercise will make in us a habit for having lucidity during the dream time.

When you create a reflection in one world, it goes projected in the other.

Even being conscious in the dream, occasionally we may become unconscious again, losing lucidity. So this exercise if desired, can be complemented not only feeling this way mentally, or superficial, but also feeling our emotions, feeling everything that our body does, concentrate on everything around.

This is one of the many techniques that exists for having lucid dreams, but I consider that this is one of the most easiest for any type of person, either scientific type, spiritual type, and any other type, regardless of the believes, this will work. As long as it’s practiced daily or frequently. It is recommended to practice this from 3 to 7 times per day and 3 to 7 days during week. It is not recommended to practice this when we are driving a car or any other dangerous activity that require concentration.

According to scientific studies, sometimes memory is disconnected from other parts of the brain, and the logic area, so it is recommended, to remember the whole dream as we barely woke up, without moving anything, to avoid disturbing our nervous system and the fading of memory, this is, if you want to remember a very special dream, either to tell to others, to analyze it, and even to write it as inspiration or just as an archive.

Once awaken in the dream, there is a sense of lightness as if you were floating in the water, in the dream everything can be as real as bricks touch, and feel the textures of these, feel cold, feel the wind, listening to all types of noises, meet people, talk with them, even asking their names, and other interesting things, like looking at a mirror. If we set this with determination, we can achieve an awaked dream, which feelings and experiences that are very interesting, when we have conscious.

Note: Sorry for any typo, please forgiveness as english is not my original language.

tea

Re: Some theory with an effective technique

Postby tea » 30 Aug 2013 12:29

thanks for taking your time to write such a long thread.
but what actually do you mean by 'effective technique'? i couldn't make out any specific points where a technique was being described.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 31 Aug 2013 01:36

I don't shy away from long messages when they are well written.
Your second-language-English, is better than some of our first!

I don't have anything to dispute. It's just informative without taking a side. I like analogies and the elements of fire, water, wind, and earth reminded me of my own analogy. I started to write my analogy about dreams, but I need to think about it some more and need to word it right.

You made me think, so good post!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Aug 2013 07:02

I thought that was a quite good, well written post.

tea. I think he/she spoke of at least 3 techniques in that post but I only understood one of them clearly eg the following where he spoke of questioning reality.

To control dreams you may take note of the next:

let’s pretend that in the dream time the functioning part it’s the subconscious, but when we are awake, the functioning part it’s the conscious, for making the subconscious to become conscious, during the dreaming time we could create like a reflection, that will make us awake during the dream, to make that, we need to ask ourselves during the normal awake time; if we are dreaming or sleeping? We are we? What am I doing? Watching carefully everything around, and so on.

Why? Because when we have this habit in the real world, our mind will create a reflection, so marked, that during dream, we may ask ourselves the same thing as we did in the real world and so on, we may notice that we are not really in the normal world, we will remember that we slept from hours ago and notice that we are actually dreaming.

there was also

Even being conscious in the dream, occasionally we may become unconscious again, losing lucidity. So this exercise if desired, can be complemented not only feeling this way mentally, or superficial, but also feeling our emotions, feeling everything that our body does, concentrate on everything around.

This is one of the many techniques that exists for having lucid dreams,

I can ensure that we will never dream something we do not know,

I think we can also dream things which this lifetimes human self doesnt know and even things its never known. Why? cause I believe in premonition dreams. There have also been famous inventions in the past, in which people in different parts of the world, dreamed about at the same time (with one of those things 3 different people dreamed of the same thing around the same time, I forgot now what well known now invention it was) ..so seems like there is some kind of universal info flow out there too which can be accessed when time is right.

Once awaken in the dream, there is a sense of lightness as if you were floating in the water,

I personally dont get that with my LDs. They are as real feeling as normal reality and dont feel at all different in a strange way eg I dont awaken feeling lighter into them.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”