Astral projection frustrations.

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
boardsenseless

Re: Astral projection frustrations.

Postby boardsenseless » 19 Apr 2013 14:48

Most of mine happen either late at night or very early in the morning/early hours but I know someone who has her most significant, and she's had lots, OBEs during the middle of the day while either meditating or napping so I guess it depends on the individual or your level of ability. I'm still very much a novice and my only successful projections have been completely impromptu. Please keep us posted how you get on I'd be interested to hear your progress.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Apr 2013 01:54

Highlander wrote:At what time of day/night do you guys do OBE's? Is there any best time to do this or it depends on every person?

I used to have my OBES just before sleep as it was easier to do them then due to my deeper state of relaxation.. (note thou if you fall asleep..then you will have also dream state going on (so LD).. so you need to try to make sure you dont fall asleep. It can get a bit tricky.. are I dreaming? or is this an OBE? or are I experiencing both of these at once?

I myself find my OBES usually have a different feeling to them and experience them differently some. (I usually test out an OBE to make sure its really real.. go and look at something I can check with when I go back to body).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucid13

Postby lucid13 » 07 Jun 2013 18:32

The key is to keep practicing. During my first 5 or 6 OBE's I would wake up during the sleep paralysis, shortly after getting out of the body and a couple of times I had quite a challenge taking control of my astral body (felt like floating all around).

Don't think of it as a failure. You are making progress, it takes practice.

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 26 Aug 2013 23:39

Last night I had a Lucid Dream but as soon as I became lucid I started to feel myself wake up so I made myself spin around and concentrate really hard on staying lucid, at one point my physical eyes half opened but then, all of a sudden I was back in the dream but in a different setting. I was now very lucid and decided to float out of a window. I was hovering above the street where my parents live and I saw an old church at the end of the road, even though there's no church there, so I decided to fly to the church but as I did that I could here bells ringing to my left and took.it as a sign that I should go that way instead. As I flew across the street it turned into a deep valley and the houses turned into grass mounds or mountains or something similar. As I flew over the mounds there were people standing on each one, they were all really happy and supportive of me and I hi fived them as I flew over. I eventually landed on the tallest mound/mountain where a young man was waiting but as we started to talk I woke up. This always happens, as soon as I try to interract with dream characters the dream ends.

ESPer

Postby ESPer » 28 Aug 2013 10:24

Your accounts definitely give me the impression that you're making progress, and are close. When this portal opened up did you feel wind? I usually feel a gust of wind when I'm in that state of trying to separate, and maybe some parts of my body aren't cooperating/moving. And yes, in that in between state there are other entities that exist, in the gaps between realities. I've likened them to being like flotsam floating around in water. It sounds very much like your account of a bunch of fish floating around. I have also encountered some nasty looking beings in this gap.

It isn't easy to separate. If you try to move too quickly/deliberately, you'll simply move that body part for real and wake up. You have to move your astral body but not your corporal one. It takes focus, just the right mind set, and above all else practice. I believe that within the next half dozen or so attempts you will get it. And now that you've cracked the seal it will happen to you again and again. At least that's how it happened with me. The first 30+ years of my life I could've counted the number of OBE's I've had on one hand. Now just in the past 2 years I've averaged about one per day. They started to happen with regularity when I opened up and started discussing the experiences with other people, at another online forum. I had previously kept all my outside the box experiences to myself from fear of ridicule. Then I met other people that could relate and opened up... and it's like it opened my mind up in turn. So by all means keep on sharing your experiences.

Many times I have ended up in a "bar/club" type atmosphere with other astral entities, so it piqued my intrigue when I saw that comment from you. If you can think to do so, look closely at the eyes of these other entities when you're there. I see a lot of reptile & feline type eyes when I do. And they're just as curious about my eyes as I am about theirs.
*Insert Clever Comment Here*

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 28 Aug 2013 22:47

Thanks, that's a really interesting reply and I hope you are right and I will have more and more of these. My ex girlfriend had OBEs for years but before meeting me she hadn't had any for ages, as soon as we started talking about it she started having them far more regularly and they went from.strength to strength and become more profound and more elaborate. Interestingly she had very feline looking eyes and always insisted that she was from Serius in a previous life. Anyway, I always struggle with interaction and even in my Lucid Dreams speaking to dream characters usually ends the dream before they can give me any information or answers to my questions which frustrating because I always get the sense that they are about to tell me something really important. Maybe I'm just not ready for such information. As for the wind, I don't think I feel that, I do feel vibrations and hear a noise like a loud buzzing in my ears. Whenever I have gone through a portal I usually just feel like I am.pure consciousness and the journey seems infinite and instantaneous at the same time. This was the first occasion I had ever seen other entities in a portal but my ex used to regularly encounter entities during the paralysis phase, she used to call it the 4th dimension, or something similar.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Aug 2013 04:28

ESPer wrote:Your accounts definitely give me the impression that you're making progress, and are close. When this portal opened up did you feel wind? I usually feel a gust of wind when I'm in that state of trying to separate, and maybe some parts of my body aren't cooperating/moving. And yes, in that in between state there are other entities that exist, in the gaps between realities. I've likened them to being like flotsam floating around in water. It sounds very much like your account of a bunch of fish floating around. I have also encountered some nasty looking beings in this gap.

Hi ESPer, I get that wind at times too. At times it does have what I call astral parasites or critters in it. One day I had it going on very strong and there was a nest of some insecty things in that wind and they were slamming into my body and my bed too (I could hear them hitting the metal of my bed), they were stinging quite a bit when their bodies hit hard into mine.. not something being done purposely but just cause they were blowing in that wind while I was in the same area (thou still was in body at that point).

Describing it as a "gap", I like that description as yes it is like an area/dimension one passes throu going from physical into the astral. Once Im completely out of my physical body, I dont have issues with that kind of thing (a transitioning throu dimension as ones frequency moves from the physical plane and down throu the denser astral ones (due to their density, they must be closer to the physical plane) then on to the common astral one we more so go to). Some thou seem to skip passing throu what I call the lower astral.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 10 Sep 2013 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ESPer

Postby ESPer » 06 Sep 2013 01:53

[quote="taniaaust1"]
At times it does have what I call astral parasites or critters in it. [/quote]

The way you say that makes it apparent to me that we're talking about the same thing here. I once described it as them being like parasites looking to cling to a host. Attracted to our living force. Just a touch of us is like a boost of energy... of life to them.

And yeah I like the words "gap", or "seam", as it seems like an overlap between 2 different places (plane/dimension/reality)... whatever word you like to use. I like to use the word reality normally. I believe everything is a state of reality, and that we all have our own based on our sensory input.

After reading your post I knew I'd definitely identified with someone that had gone through the same thing.
*Insert Clever Comment Here*

boardsenseless

Postby boardsenseless » 29 Oct 2013 22:50

I had a significant experience this morning. Yesterday I did a really long meditation, I'd been reading a book where the auther talked about contacting your power animal or totem. So I meditated and followed the advice in the book but didn't see any animals in my mind. However, I did get into a really deep relaxed state and felt myself almost sinking and my arms felt dettached from my body. When I ended the meditation I had lost an hour, it didn't feel that long at all. Last night I slept badly and in the early morning I got up, did some yoga and then.read a chapter of the book and after that decided to lay in bed and repeat the meditation, this time I got into a deep state of mind fairly quickly and then, as I went deeper, I became OBE. I suddenly found myself in a sports hall at a school I used to work at, I could still feel my physical body in paralysis in bed but was looking at a very physical manifestation of this sports hall. I stared at the wall and then.decided to go through it to see if I could find my animal totem. Beyond the wall was a dark cave and inside were two giant stone heads I think I asked them where my totem was and one of the heads started talking to me, it's mouth was moving but it made no sound. I woke up and was still slightly paralysed but then came out of it feeling really happy but still a little frustrated that once again my dream character interraction had failed.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”