Questionsss! For semi experianced people :)

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
jjj943

Questionsss! For semi experianced people :)

Postby jjj943 » 20 Dec 2011 17:14

Helllooo!

I've become really interested in lucid dreaming and dream control and I really want to learn to do it. I tried to do this a few months ago and after a few days of trying I got to one dream where I realized it was a dream but I got excited and woke up haha. Then I forgot about it, now I'm trying again. I've been writing down my dreams every night and trying to use the WILD method. How did everyone else achieve lucidity? I'm wondering if there's anything else I should be doing.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Questionsss! For semi experianced people :)

Postby lucidinthe sky » 20 Dec 2011 18:34

Hello and welcome. There are a lot of methods to use for lucid dreaming, but I think WILD is the best and many here agree. I think WILD should stand for "Will Initiated Lucid Dream". WILD provides a bridge between waking life and dreams. For me the other methods such as DILD produce more randomly distributed LDs because they rely on being to spot "dreamsigns" and do "reality checks" while dreaming. For me, these are more easily done during waking life than dreams. For example checking digital clocks works fine in waking life, but I can't remember any dreams where there was even one clock around and walls and other objects are completely solid in my dreams (I check them in every LD) so putting my hands through anything won't work. Plus my LDs are so real it has challenged my concepts of reality. Many people's dreams are pretty much just as real as waking life so you might have a hard time figuring that out while dreaming, or maybe not, depends on you.

I'm reading LaBerge's book (he's the guy who invented many of these methods) and he says that lucid dreams happen almost exclusively in the morning after several cycles of REM sleep so keep that in mind. So I think the WILD method after around 6 hours of sleep will give the best chances of success. I'm fairly new, but that's my opinion. I have been making rapid progress. I had 3 LDs in a week, 2 of which were with WILD, all 3 were in the morning as suggested by LaBerge. One more thing that has helped me a lot is to really believe that you could be dreaming at any time. Reality checks help me with that concept, they teach you to always question yourself about that. I used to think I could easily tell the difference, but now that I've had some lucid dreams, I can see how real they are, it's amazing. Good luck and happy dreaming!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

jjj943

Postby jjj943 » 20 Dec 2011 19:19

So wake induced is when you fall back asleep after waking up from a dream, and as your falling back asleep think about how you're going to go back into that dream and you're going to know you're dreaming? I'm a bit confused. I think I'm going to go check out a book at the library :). I have been doing reality checks in real life but I don't think I've done any in my dreams yet. I have had a few moments lately where I was about to get shot or hurt in a dream and I remember thinking "It's okay because I'm just dreaming, hopefully this doesn't hurt" but I don't think I was fully lucid because I only remember it like a normal dream, it didn't seem like real life or anything and I didn't feel in control. The only time I was lucid (a few months ago) and I got really excited it felt a lot different than that.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 20 Dec 2011 20:15

Technically, what you described is the WBTB or wake-back-to-bed method. WILD is wake-intiated-lucid-dream which does not have to be started after sleep. It seems to work best for most people after waking up early in the morning, but after a short period of being awake up to around 30 minutes max. I prefer this method since it can be easily done in the early morning hours, prime-time for lucid dreams.

As far as knowing when you're in an LD: from my experience, if you aren't sure it was a lucid dream it probably wasn't. My LDs, and many other people's, are so completely real, so much like waking reality it's pretty much impossible to tell. This really doesn't make sense to me. You can tell somone that, but they can't really grasp what that means until they experience it. I still can't get over this, it's really mind-blowing. Good luck and let us know when you have success.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”