very poor dream recall

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

very poor dream recall

Postby Vergil » 01 Sep 2013 11:04

I used to have successful lucid dreams about 2 years ago, however I quit it for some reason I don't remember. Now I'm going into it again, but for 5 nights now, I set my alarm for 4 and a half hour after I will fall asleep, the next one hour and a half after that but I barely remember anything. I find myself remembering only that I interrupted my dream on purpose with the alarm but not remembering the dream, or just remembering a sentence someone said to me in the dream. Should I just be persistent or does anyone have any advice?

Son Of Somnus

Re: very poor dream recall

Postby Son Of Somnus » 01 Sep 2013 11:12

I would keep on persisting, but maybe you should take a break for a few nights then try again.

Also just in case, are you setting your alarm 4.5 hours after you get in bed or 4.5 hours after you think you will actually fall asleep? I usually set my alarm 5 hours after I get into bed because it takes me a while to fall asleep in the first place.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Return to “For Beginners”