NO Dream Characters

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
deschainXIX

NO Dream Characters

Postby deschainXIX » 07 Aug 2013 19:29

In my dreams, there are always characters EVERYWHERE. There are so many people. My dreams are overpopulated haha. Often times in dreams, I find myself traveling in a group of people. I am never alone.

But one thing I have noticed is that EVERY SINGLE DC in my dreams is ugly beyond belief. And I don't mean 'unattractive.' I mean that there faces are mutilated, slashed open, cut, rotted. Horrible.
I'm not sure what that says about my and how I view other people. Any ideas?

Also, my best friend has absolutely NO DC's in his dreams. There is literally no people. Anywhere. Very interesting.
Well said.

AceOfSpades

Re: NO Dream Characters

Postby AceOfSpades » 09 Aug 2013 02:19

Well in the end the characters are parts of you, write down all you know about each one then think back on your life to see which aspect matches which character. Then face that character.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Aug 2013 02:06

As the other said, those characters are probably symbolism of aspects of yourself or just yourself.

Maybe you innerly feel ugly?

A person with no DCs in thier dreams, may be feeling "alone" eg unsupported in life. One can feel like that even if there is many people around in real life.

Our dreams express our inner feelings.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 14 Aug 2013 02:49

taniaaust1 wrote:Maybe you innerly feel ugly?

Maybe ... maybe .... I do have self-esteem issues.

taniaaust1 wrote:
A person with no DCs in thier dreams, may be feeling "alone" eg unsupported in life. One can feel like that even if there is many people around in real life.

Our dreams express our inner feelings.

Yep! That was the exact interpretation that I gave my friend. But, as Reece Jones on youtube says, we can't make judgments/interpretations about other people's dreams. It's ALL them. We, as an outside observer can make broad, broad, broad speculations ... but leave it to the dreamer to interpret themselves and relate it to their lives.
Well said.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 14 Aug 2013 16:57

I had dreams with the 2 situations. Ones that i'm a street with loads of people walking around and others i'm ina a city completely alone, no one in sight.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Aug 2013 22:39

Highlander wrote:I had dreams with the 2 situations. Ones that i'm a street with loads of people walking around and others i'm ina a city completely alone, no one in sight.

Maybe you were "busy" with something at the time you had that dream were loads of people were walking around.

It's quite possible to have dreams of say feeling alone but at the same time have dreams which could be symbolising being busy in life. They arent really conflicting but just symbolising different things.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 01 Sep 2013 12:54

In ALL of my dreams, I start out alone and occassionally meet a few people one at a time. It is pretty isolated. I would love to be in a dream over populated with people, I could mess with those crowds so much :D
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 01 Sep 2013 12:57

I don't really like the way I phrased this post. Let me clarify: My dream characters look like they've been held in a basement by a psychopath for the better of the last two months, most of time was spent being tortured in horribly disfiguring and demeaning ways.
I misused the word "ugly."
Well said.

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 01 Sep 2013 13:01

deschainXIX wrote:I don't really like the way I phrased this post. Let me clarify: My dream characters look like they've been held in a basement by a psychopath for the better of the last two months, most of time was spent being tortured in horribly disfiguring and demeaning ways.
I misused the word "ugly."

That's a little bit twisted, is this with all of your dream characters though?

Maybe you've been watching too many zombie movies/shows, or something corpse related.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 01 Sep 2013 13:04

Well that was just a colorful explanation. That's not what comes to my mind when I see my dream characters; that's just how I'm describing them now. And no, it was just with some of my earlier lucid dreams. It used to freak me out.
Something else: Their faces would change in front of me. Anyone else get that? Their face will twist and, sort of bob in and out of solidity.
Well said.

Return to “Dream Characters”