New to this..need advice?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
1Derful

New to this..need advice?

Postby 1Derful » 01 Sep 2013 02:42

Hey!! I was thinking about trying to have an astral projection. Please share with me the following:

*Best ways to do this
*Dangers
*What not to do
*What to do
*Ect.

Thanks!!

erichsa

Re: New to this..need advice?

Postby erichsa » 01 Sep 2013 18:36

Well start reading the forums, and of course: Rebecca's World of Lucid Dreaming's. That should give you a good Start. Welcome :)

1Derful

Postby 1Derful » 01 Sep 2013 19:37

Thanks!!!!!! :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Sep 2013 00:39

I suggest NO TO read rebeccas LD stuff if you want to AP as it is different to LD, different techniques are often required or otherwise you may just end up having a LD about being astral rather then actually experiencing the astral (this is what confuses some people I think who end up thinking they are the same thing). eg if you are dreaming, you can not successfully have an AP experience as your subconsciousness will instead be making up your surroundings. You will be in a dream state instead of a fully awake mind state which is needed for a true subconsciously uncontaminated AP.

You need to be more responsible if you are astral projecting then LD as stuff out there is real and not a figment of your imagination (unlike LD). It is even possible on rare occassions to be actually hurt by the astral.

Anyway. I suggest to go to a AP website if that is what you wish to do (as this site is really about LD). I suggest to focus on AP stuff and not LD stuff if you wish to learn astral projection.

Dangers.. with AP one should be protecting onself before the AP as there are very real things out there (this isnt needed for those who do LD as all one is doing is experiencing ones own mind). Care should be taken in regards to interacting with other beings eg be sensible (piss off some astral beings and one may end up having trouble). Also coming under what not to do with AP is stay away from homes which may have wards operating eg those who are into Wicca sometimes set up wards to protect their homes. I had a terrible experience with a ward one time as I was a beginner and didnt think visiting a Wiccian friend could be an issue, their ward reacted thou and it was a scary experience.

Anyway.. this site is the wrong place to learn if you want to learn about AP and you've posted under LD techniques too instead of the psychic area at this forum.

To learn AP I highly recommend a book called "Astral Projection" The out of body experience , its written by Denning and Phillps and has some excellent AP techiques in it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 03 Sep 2013 20:36

by Tanniaaust1: You need to be more responsible if you are astral projecting then LD as stuff out there is real and not a figment of your imagination (unlike LD). It is even possible on rare occassions to be actually hurt by the astral.

Tanniaaust1 you seem to have it done all, I think your advise is not responsible. Astral projecting and out of body are to me the same and Lucid dreaming, being really in control of your dream is for me very near out of body. William Buhlman is one of the most experienced out of body traveller, and I can really recommend his books. my favourite is: The Secret of the Soul. (Using Out-of-Body Experiences to Understand Our True Nature). Being hurt out of body very few might feel like it while out of body, but once (as you always will) back in your physical body you are your normal self again. 1Deerful- Dreaming is a good stepping stone to out of body, (or if you prefer the term Astral projecting), and you are welcome to join us. :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Sep 2013 00:06

erichsa wrote: Being hurt out of body very few might feel like it while out of body, but once (as you always will) back in your physical body you are your normal self again.

No that isnt always so. Ive been hurt by what was probably an AP rather then a dream (my physical arm was swollen for almost a week and I had a huge mark up my physical arm precisely where Id been cut by a sword by a being). Im refering to having ones physical body hurt by the affects of what is known as repercussion throu the astral body. Its the astral body which is used when one projects out and that can imprint and then carry the affects to the physical one.

I suggest you do some research on this "astral body repercussion" if you havent heard of it before, its mentioned in advanced occultic books. I learnt about this the hard way with being injured BEFORE I'd read anything on this subject, it was being injured that caused me to seek out info in that area. It isnt common but it can and does happen. Your post is showing you know less about things which can possibly happen while astral then you think you do. Its not just me who has been hurt by a AP but I know others too.

Some books which mention repercussion are "The Astral Body and other astral phenomena" by A.E. Powell (quite heavy reading as it is an advanced book). The well known respected occultist Dion Fortune also talks about this and so do many others. This info comes from some of the most advanced in the field (so isnt something I "imagined" or halluncinated. Some have been left with physical bites, scratches (in places they themselves couldnt have scratched while in bed) and other things when attacked in the astral. I have personally known over the years two others as well as myself who have been PHYSICALLY hurt by things in the astral.

The most experienced astral projectors are the more advanced occultists and the yogis who have always done this kind of stuff and which knowledge is too often passed on, generations of experience.

Just cause it hasnt happened to you yet, it doesnt mean that this problem doesnt exist and as far as Im aware doesnt happen by just a dream. (or maybe it can and I just dont know about it?).

Hence I stick with what I said and one needs to be more responsible if doing AP then doing LD, its fine to do something like run around killing things while having a LD but if one does the same during APs, it could well end up being a different story and there could well be consequences (Dion Fortune mentions that it is possible to get life threatening reprecussion) so yeah its a good idea not to go around pissing astral beings off. That's asking for trouble.

Tanniaaust1 you seem to have it done all,

I have done a lot over 20+ years based on my own experiences and all the deep research Ive done in various fields due to stuff which has happened to me (Im 42 thou and have been experiencing strange things since a child). I run classes in some of metaphysical things for a couple of years. Ive also had some of the best teachers out there too to help me make sense of the things Ive experienced (Im not refering to teachers who just talk about things but extremely gifted individuals). Its fine for you to knock what Ive experienced but it would be good if you could further research into these things before knocking them.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Sep 2013 01:03

hard to find good stuff online on what Im talking about as it is occultic knowledge so not widely known but it is mentioned here and there, here's something not on the astral body but the one next to it (thou some do call the astral body the linga sharira), the etheric body, when I AP I do project some of my etheric body I believe (unless my astral body did it?) as Ive moved a physical chair during an AP (witnessed by my children who were in the room I'd been trying to project to at the time, moving chair scared them).

"The Linga Sharira is the invisible double of the human body, elsewhere referred to as the etheric body, doppelgänger or bioplasmic body and serves as a model or matrix of the physical body, which conforms to the shape, appearance and condition of his "double". The linga sarira can be separated or projected a limited distance from the body. When separated from the body it can be wounded by sharp objects. When it returns to the physical frame, the wound will be reflected in the physical counterpart, a phenomenon called "repercussion."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subtle_body

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 05 Sep 2013 20:50

by tanni.. I suggest you do some research on this "astral body repercussion" if you havent heard of it before, its mentioned in advanced occultic books. I learnt about this the hard way with being injured BEFORE I'd read anything on this subject, it was being injured that caused me to seek out info in that area. It isnt common but it can and does happen. Your post is showing you know less about things which can possibly happen while astral then you think you do. Its not just me who has been hurt by a AP but I know others too.

Yes Tanni... I have done plenty of research. Years ego you could read that Astral travel could be dangerous, but show me a report written by a reputable astral traveller Like William Buhlman in the last few years who warns of the dangers of astral or as I like to call it, Out of body. I am sorry but in my opinion, go with the times and help our mainly young members with good advise, don't jump in were angels would fear to thread. Tanni.. I am much older than you,( 81) and have the time, but you posting 1255 articles since 7 February 2013 is a record, now do you think all this was needed? Now my advise to you: Follow the forum postings, and do your postings, but spare us to much rambling. How about starting in Off Topics a "This is my Life" And you can tell us all about your past and present life, with us being able to comment, or telling about our life. I am not even only joking. Tanni..I wish you well and a life full of love and peace and joy and laughter. :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Sep 2013 00:10

erichsa wrote: I am much older than you,( 81) and have the time, but you posting 1255 articles since 7 February 2013 is a record, now do you think all this was needed? Now my advise to you: Follow the forum postings, and do your postings, but spare us to much rambling. How about starting in Off Topics a "This is my Life" And you can tell us all about your past and present life, with us being able to comment, or telling about our life. I am not even only joking. Tanni..I wish you well and a life full of love and peace and joy and laughter. :)

I have no need to start a thread to talk about my life as I only share it when its relevant to other threads and what Im replying to. Why would I even do that? I have no interest in getting comments on my life.

If you feel I ramble too much for you or post too much, feel welcome not to read my posts. I wont at all mind. I have Aspergers so I do know I tend to ramble but that is just me and Im not about to try to play act like someone Im not eg play act being like a neuro typical type of person rather then an Aspergers person (it would be extremely hard and stressful for me to try to do that, so sorry I wont try that for you). Im happy to be myself. If you have an issue with my posts, do not read them.. its your issue not mine (Im not about to make your issue with me mine).

I also have severe physical disability (and only just about to get the wheelchair Ive needed for many years which will allow my support workers to be able to take me out of the house more), so unlike most here are housebound and posting online is one of the few things I can do, so yeah due to that I do post more then most. I wont appologise for the number of posts I've made here, usually always in response to anothers post (I dont start up my own threads often). With having Aspergers, I do not like small talk much so hence do not hang at places such as facebook etc and rather hang at places where my "special interests" lay eg this forum. Sorry if you are finding it hard to understand why I post here so much.

"I wish you well and a life full of love and peace and joy and laughter. "

its a pity you cant also respect how individual people are. The love in that phase is usually about unconditional love and hence respecting peoples differences and that people act differently and do different things. Obviously your well wishes dont include Aspergers people and liking them for who they are (by picking on my rambling, you've actually picked on who I am and what I probably couldnt even change). I do not need to be picked in that way (so are now looking for a block button to block your posts just like if you dont like my posts, please block them and dont give me the love, peace, joy, laughter crap when you dont mean it (Im not really getting the energy from you, all Im getting from you is annoyance, energetic prickly) and being nasty about who I am.

Dont bother replying to this as I cant now see your comments, so you can now complain away all you like about me.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”