Religious Background

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: Religious Background

Postby HAGART » 02 Sep 2013 02:00

If ghosts, spirits, monsters and gods exists, they should become productive members of society instead of simply haunting our imaginations.

Let's put them to work!

Not enslavement; We should pay them.
They deserve equal rights and a path to citizenship in any country, just like any one else.
They have the right to marry anyone they choose. Monster-God, Spirit-Ghost, Monster-Human.
They should have the right to own property as long as they don't try to give us 'Ghost-Cash'.
They should have the right to vote and be heard.

It's about time we accepted them into our society, and not judge them on the color of their aura.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 02 Sep 2013 03:19

Actually Hagart they kinda lost those rights. Ghosts are legally dead ergo they have no right to vote or get jobs. Gods already have a higher position than that of famous CEOs like Bill Gates. Monsters are mostly legally animals. Though the joke is funny. :lol:

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 02 Sep 2013 13:39

Yeah wait why are you guys still saying that monsters are still this mystical, fantastical thing? They're not, really... Any psychopathic, deluded scientist could create a "monster." Literally, all a monster is is "any creature so ugly or monstrous as to frighten people" or "any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normal shape, behavior, or character."
That's literally the dictionary definition! Monsters aren't a fantasy like in the stories! lol
Well said.

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 02 Sep 2013 14:11

Depends on the POV actually. Monsters can either be mindless beasts that are akin to animals, but not the kind many have seen before, mystical creatures on the side of good or evil, or the psychotic kind that look and or have the persona of pure evil. Either way Monsters are the only thing that everyone can agree are real. The worst ones are the ones you can't see.....at least on the surface that is.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Sep 2013 17:12

I thought about it afterward and you're right. Providing citizenship to a monster is like giving citizenship to a dog. And I'm not sure the others would qualify either, and perhaps don't deserve equal rights after all.

I have some job opportunities for these beings though, and there is a lot of business opportunities, and money to be made exploiting them.

Imagine a monster movie that uses real monsters.
Imagine the amount of revenue your zoo would bring in if you had a Sasquatch exhibit.

If a poltergeist moves things around the house, hand it a mop and tell it to move it across the floor. It might as well get some cleaning done. Poltergeists would be a great addition to a moving company if you could tame and train it.

And ghosts could be in magic acts. Imagine Penn and Teller if they had a ghost as part of their act. And if they are given a salary, then the ghost can at least pay some of the rent in the house it haunts and some of the utility bill after turning all those lights on and off. Then again, I suppose ghosts are in retirement.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Sep 2013 19:00

Or perhaps they work in their own dimension. Have you guys seen Monsters Inc? B-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 02 Sep 2013 20:38

HAGART wrote:I thought about it afterward and you're right. Providing citizenship to a monster is like giving citizenship to a dog. And I'm not sure the others would qualify either, and perhaps don't deserve equal rights after all.

I have some job opportunities for these beings though, and there is a lot of business opportunities, and money to be made exploiting them.

Imagine a monster movie that uses real monsters.
Imagine the amount of revenue your zoo would bring in if you had a Sasquatch exhibit.

If a poltergeist moves things around the house, hand it a mop and tell it to move it across the floor. It might as well get some cleaning done. Poltergeists would be a great addition to a moving company if you could tame and train it.

And ghosts could be in magic acts. Imagine Penn and Teller if they had a ghost as part of their act. And if they are given a salary, then the ghost can at least pay some of the rent in the house it haunts and some of the utility bill after turning all those lights on and off. Then again, I suppose ghosts are in retirement.

I wouldn't trust a poltergeist with a mop if they like you they'll do it, but if they are feeling playful that mop would get thrown at you. My mother had an experience with a poltergeist once. It was a ghost of a deceased little girl, she died in a boiler explosion in the 1800s. Whenever my mom wanted to go out somewhere, she would make an important item of her clothes disappear because she didn't want her to go.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Sep 2013 21:36

So she's been in the house for over 200 years? How she hasn't died again, of boredom, or lost her mind, I don't know. How about getting an investigator in the house to gather evidence? Any scientist would love a piece of the action if it means making a discobery about the other side and getting recognition worldwide!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 02 Sep 2013 21:42

Nah she wasn't in the house for the full 200. The difference between ghosts and Polters is that ghosts are bound to the house they haunt, while poltergeists can go anywhere. This one in particular was found at the house she died in, and she followed my mother home. As for why she didn't snap after 200 years. Well as sick as it sounds, logically a spirit of a dead child can take being dead much more well than an adult. When an adult first becomes a ghost they don't think they are dead at first and are often spending their hauntings in complete denial some of which even think we are the real ghosts. However a child spirit can take being a ghost well because they have a more positive innocent view on the way it works. The poltergeist may be over 200 years old but it was still a 200 year old child. The reason it followed her was also very logical. Most children trust adults stranger or no, when said adults are also mothers. As most Mothers are able to understand children much from their own experience in raising some.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Sep 2013 22:11

If poltergeists can move physical matter with kinetic energy, what if you train a poltergeist to move a large turbine to generate electricity? We would have an unlimited supply of clean energy. (Where does the energy come from if it is not conserved, and what would that mean to the balance of our universe in this dimension?)

Return to “Off-Topic”