What's in your pocket?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

What's in your pocket?

Postby HAGART » 01 Sep 2013 03:56

Checking to see what is in your pocket in a lucid dream was brought up by me a while ago, and Tauniaust1 tried it and wrote about it, and just recently I was reading the "What do you like to do in lucid dreams" thread and Tea mentioned it there too. It reminded me about it and it was something I forgot about for a while.

But then I tried it again.
It's a really interesting experience.
What's in your pocket? (In a lucid dream of course....)

Here is my story:

I reached into my right side pocket, without looking down, but just feeling around with my hand I could tell I was wearing pajamas and it felt very realistic. I felt some coins, and some keys, and the smooth curve of a BIC lighter. I pulled them out and lo and behold, I could see them in my hand. I tossed them aside, and decided to invert my pockets and empty everything out. I forget what came out again at that time, but then I decided to take off my pajamas completely and held them by the cuffs and shook it upside down over a large round table. Again, coins and loose keys kept falling out, and I even saw some dried grass blades fall as if I had been wearing my pajamas outdoors in the grass and they were falling off the outside leg of the pajamas. More and more kept coming out until the only things that fell out were beer bottle caps. I noticed they all looked a little different. (I happen to have a beer bottle cap collection in real life. NERD -> :geek: ) Then I decided to let physics do the work and instead of shaking them upside down, I held them by the cuffs again and swung them around to let centrifugal force do the work. Coins and keys were flying out everywhere and I could hear them clanging and chiming. Then I looked down and saw a pile of them.

After that I spent the dream examining the pile of objects that came out. They weren't all coins, keys, and bottle caps. I found some interesting gadgets that can't be explained in words. I was also sifting and searching through DVD's, sea shells, Lego pieces.... all sorts of of seemingly unrelated items.

I don't know what the meaning is, if indeed there is one at all.
But it's fun to try, and it's not your typical thing to do in a lucid dream.
And you don't have to go overboard the way I did. In fact the first few times I tried it was hard, and I suppose after a while of forgetting that goal and then starting again, I was ready to give it a 'a real good whirl'.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Son Of Somnus

Re: What's in your pocket?

Postby Son Of Somnus » 01 Sep 2013 11:15

Huh, cool idea. I might actually try this sometime.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 02 Sep 2013 01:29

I done that before once, because the dream world practically rapes the laws of physics. Hammerspace is not uncommon. I remembered once taking a Machine gun out of my pants pocket in a dream.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Sep 2013 02:34

You might pull things out that are ridiculously too large to fit.

Lucid dreaming is like being in a cartoon world.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Sep 2013 00:04

Then I decided to let physics do the work and instead of shaking them upside down, I held them by the cuffs again and swung them around to let centrifugal force do the work.

That brings a funny image of someone standing there half naked, spinning their Pjs above their head, what a creative way to empty your pockets :)

Its interesting that even if we know we are in a dream, just how stuck our logical minds can get on making normal kinds of objects far more often come out of pockets.. obviously we associate pockets with coins and keys.

If this dream was being symbolically analysed, the coins could be said to represent ones abundance state in life (coins are fairly average, if one was pulling out big notes out of a pocket I guess that would represent great riches). The keys may represent opportunities. Lego blocks could represent that you are creative or going throu a creative time. DVDs could represent someone being a music lover or someone who enjoys life (the songs of life one could say). umm I cant think what sea shells could represent.

I suggest to further study coins in dreams to see if there are any strange pictures or writing on them.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Sep 2013 01:38

Actually, to interpret my dream more clearly, you must know how my emotional attachment to the objects were. Something I didn't mention, but now I realize that's what is most important.

The coins I saw were from Hong Kong, a place I spent my childhood. The sea shells seemed familiar to me as if I have them as a keep sake somewhere in box in real life (I felt I knew them at the time, and assumed I had collected them from a beach when I was younger, but upon awakening they were unfamiliar). Another symbol of childhood. The lego was a favorite childhood toy. One of the keys was from a lock-box I use to have as a childhood piggy bank. When I was sifting through the items, I felt like I had an emotional attachment to them as if they were important keepsakes from childhood.

I never thought about it until you mentioned it. But THAT was the connection!
And in real life, about a week ago, me and my brother went through a box of old keepsakes from childhood, deciding what to keep and what to throw away. It's all starting to make sense now.

Knife

Postby Knife » 03 Sep 2013 17:28

In a lucid dream I had before I knew about lucid dreaming (that dream made me google it) I took a smartphone out of my pocket, but it wasn't the one I had and I didn't knew the code to unlock it. Probably if I tried something it, maybe it could work but I snapped out of the dream while messing with the phone.
Inherit the earth

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Sep 2013 23:35

HAGART wrote:Actually, to interpret my dream more clearly, you must know how my emotional attachment to the objects were. Something I didn't mention, but now I realize that's what is most important.

The coins I saw were from Hong Kong, a place I spent my childhood. The sea shells seemed familiar to me as if I have them as a keep sake somewhere in box in real life (I felt I knew them at the time, and assumed I had collected them from a beach when I was younger, but upon awakening they were unfamiliar). Another symbol of childhood. The lego was a favorite childhood toy. One of the keys was from a lock-box I use to have as a childhood piggy bank. When I was sifting through the items, I felt like I had an emotional attachment to them as if they were important keepsakes from childhood.

I never thought about it until you mentioned it. But THAT was the connection!
And in real life, about a week ago, me and my brother went through a box of old keepsakes from childhood, deciding what to keep and what to throw away. It's all starting to make sense now.

Cool, Im glad my post helped you see what the real connection was. I just had someone help me understand one of mine by just asking a couple of questions about it.. I was like wow, how did I miss looking more at those things? Just simple things like "which" sister of mine was in the dream, why couldnt I unlock a door etc helped me to understand it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”