Knowing dreams from one another?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Knowing dreams from one another?

Postby RosenVitae » 21 Dec 2011 01:35

Reading some articles, I've skimmed over "Stages of Sleep" and looked at the diagram.

According to this, it looks natural to have clearly seperate dreams (during the same night, ofcourse). This question might not matter much, but do experienced recallers know one seperate dream from another? If so, would you explain a little? :)

Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

Re: Knowing dreams from one another?

Postby torakrubik » 21 Dec 2011 23:20

Occasionally, yes. For me, each separate dream has a different atmosphere, so sometimes i can tell them apart. Other times though, it is unclear whether several scenes are part of one dream, or separately throughout the night.
Dreaming is my drug

Postby Peter » 22 Dec 2011 07:32

both happen for me. A dream can progress till the end is not attached to the beginning or the scenes can simply change. In a LD I will change if I want to so its all a matter of choice most of the time.

I logged 6 dreams last night and had 6 REM peroids last night so a perfect 10
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Postby TaoTeRazz » 25 Dec 2011 03:55

Hey RosenVitae and All

I personally, do recall the sequential order of my dreamscapes and for me, it does matter in the sense that it expresses a level of 'competency' that helps the cultivation of lucidity soooooo much easier. Not to mention that when ones Attention is toward the dream world at this level, dreams become so awesome and inspirational (if they're not they way already, right!?!) It's just more so. For me anyway.

Nosce te Ipsum

Return to “For Beginners”