A Little Life in One Dream

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
flowofmysoul

A Little Life in One Dream

Postby flowofmysoul » 23 Aug 2013 21:08

Appeared in a wooden house, there was a big mess there, definitely it was a house of somebody who lives alone, it was a warrior’ house. There were samurai swords on the table, they was very beautiful, perhaps they were the most beautiful items in that house. It was my house, my swords and i was the warrior. These swords were very important to me, i felt like they are part of me. I realized that in this dream i am not my self, i found the closest mirror and saw somebody’s face, but it was not the most important thing that i saw there. I was wearing swim shorts, looked at my feet and saw that i wear slippers. I looked around one more time and saw a surf board in the house, i was really surprised, what a strange mix of items – samurai swords and surf? Same moment i noticed how fresh is the air, it was sea air. I opened the door and walked out, my house was located on the seashore, it was dark and there were no people there. I walked around and saw other similar houses, apparently everybody was sleeping. I went back to my house, and was trying to find any evidence of whom i was, any old records or photos. I did not find anything about the life of the person whom i was, i was very tired and decided to go to sleep. Woke up in the morning and went out to the beach, it was full of people. There were a lot of surfers out there, couple of guys asked if i want to surf with them, i guess they were my friends. I took my surf board and went surfing with them (in real life i never surfed). In the beginning i had difficulties surfing because i could not believe that i can do that, but then i relaxed my self and tried not to think of what i was doing and it worked! I was surfing like i was doing it all my life I dreamed the whole day and not only one day, i went to sleep in my dream and woke up again, day after day passed and i was still in that dream. I was living my life, surfing, helping others and so on.

After 3 days i found out that war began, somewhere far, but i somehow was related to that place. I knew it is my time, i have to be there. Next moment i appeared in a village, i had my sword with me, i was behind a small house, i walked out and saw people fighting and killing each other. Nobody used guns, everybody used cold weapons – swords, shields, knifes, bows and so on. Apparently it was old time where we did not have guns yet. Still i could not believe that a moment ago i was surfing on the beach. Somebody attacked me and i had to defend my self, i killed that guy. Few moments later i met a person who fought on my side, he was very disappointed, he said “the war is over, we lost”. It was not logical at all, i just appeared there, the war supposed to only begin and it was already over? But i had no time to think, i saw enemy all around the village. I found a house and hided inside, there was a family inside that house. I told them to sit down and hide, do not come close to the windows or somebody will see them. I hided right next to the window. I looked out and saw how people were executed on the square. I was sitting there for around 30 minutes, then somebody saw me in the window. I went down to the floor, then i heard “come out, i want to see you”, i knew they would kill me the moment i would show my face. I knew they were looking for me and not that family inside the house. I was sitting there and thinking what to do, then i heard somebody knocking on the door, harder and harder… i knew they would break off the door, so i jumped out of the window on the other side of the house. I ran very fast, looked back and saw nothing behind me, the street was empty, there was nobody around the house, nobody was knocking on the door and nobody was following me. Then some guy jumped out of the window from another house and ran to me and said “wait, i am want to go with you”.

I put my hand on his should and a moment later i appeared back on the beach, it was night time there. He was next to me, i realized that i took him with me and saved him. He was a warrior too, his equipment looked similar to mine. We went into my house and he saw my collection of swords, he liked it very much. He was talking about how terrible that war was, but i could not understand what was he talking about, because for me war began and ended in one hour. I wen to sleep and next morning i woke up and introduced my new friend to everybody, i taught him how to surf. We built another house for him and he joined our group of friends. I lived there for 3 or 4 days more and was having a very good time among those people. Everybody was very friendly, that was a really good place. Beautiful nature, nice beach and good people. Everything seemed to be very nice, but i was disappointed that i lost that war. The next time i went to sleep in my dream – i woke up in real life.

It was a very long dream, i lived at least full 7 days there. I saw many people, i enjoyed every day and at the same time i participated in unknown war and lost there. And that happened during 11 hours of sleep only. I often had similar long dreams before and even longer. From here i make a conclusion that our dream life runs faster then our real life, i guess there is no time at all there.

Knife

Re: A Little Life in One Dream

Postby Knife » 25 Aug 2013 15:13

flowofmysoul wrote: i taught him how to surf.
Reminds me of pokemon :p
Was it a lucid dream?
If yes: Weren't you afraid that you would never get out of that dream?
If no: Dreams this long seem very cool...is it?
Inherit the earth

flowofmysoul

Postby flowofmysoul » 31 Aug 2013 10:20

Knife wrote:
flowofmysoul wrote: i taught him how to surf.
Reminds me of pokemon :p
Was it a lucid dream?
If yes: Weren't you afraid that you would never get out of that dream?
If no: Dreams this long seem very cool...is it?

It was lucid, and I was not afraid because I know that when I dream in a world like that, which is close to real life, earth and humans - I can wake up really easy.

And yes it was very interesting, I did not want to wake up because I wanted to find who I was in that dream. I tried to find any records or diaries but did not find anything.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 31 Aug 2013 15:05

I have this happen to me a lot. My very first lucid dream was probably my most interesting dream I have ever had.
I awoke in a world like you did. It was a WHOLE WORLD, in the same way that you describe and I spent days there. It seemed to be a parallel world to ours ... similar ... but twisted in a subtle, but present way. It also seemed to be back in time culturally, but technologically advanced. The world had an entire set of language, culture, and architecture that I had seen in no Earth civilization, so I knew I was in another world. But it gets even more interesting.
The moment I awoke in this world, I was greeted by a large array of people. Among them was none other than Tom Hanks. But it wasn't exactly Tom Hanks from our world. Just as with parallel universes, this Tom Hanks was similar but not exactly identical to ours. His eyes were different. He said he had been designated as my guide. He said, "Welcome, Sam. This is your world; and we've been waiting for you."
He spoke a different language, but I understood quite well.
He proceeded to guide me about the world, introducing me to the culture and apparel. He showed me to different people. He showed me their technology (highly sophisticated; they had jets that could twist, contort, and fly through the air like snakes). And he taught me how to use my powers. In the end, I could never get down flying. The only power I had been able to master was telekinesis. He said that his world was dying and that was the reason that they had summoned an oneironaut "from the other side." Because they had a power to do things that no normal person can. And so he told me that my destiny was to--
And then I woke up, and never returned.
Well said.

Knife

Postby Knife » 31 Aug 2013 18:31

Now I start to wonder if I'm dreaming right now. Maybe life is just one big dream and we wake up one day...
Inherit the earth

flowofmysoul

Postby flowofmysoul » 01 Sep 2013 17:16

deschainXIX wrote:I have this happen to me a lot. My very first lucid dream was probably my most interesting dream I have ever had.
I awoke in a world like you did. It was a WHOLE WORLD, in the same way that you describe and I spent days there. It seemed to be a parallel world to ours ... similar ... but twisted in a subtle, but present way. It also seemed to be back in time culturally, but technologically advanced. The world had an entire set of language, culture, and architecture that I had seen in no Earth civilization, so I knew I was in another world. But it gets even more interesting.
The moment I awoke in this world, I was greeted by a large array of people. Among them was none other than Tom Hanks. But it wasn't exactly Tom Hanks from our world. Just as with parallel universes, this Tom Hanks was similar but not exactly identical to ours. His eyes were different. He said he had been designated as my guide. He said, "Welcome, Sam. This is your world; and we've been waiting for you."
He spoke a different language, but I understood quite well.
He proceeded to guide me about the world, introducing me to the culture and apparel. He showed me to different people. He showed me their technology (highly sophisticated; they had jets that could twist, contort, and fly through the air like snakes). And he taught me how to use my powers. In the end, I could never get down flying. The only power I had been able to master was telekinesis. He said that his world was dying and that was the reason that they had summoned an oneironaut "from the other side." Because they had a power to do things that no normal person can. And so he told me that my destiny was to--
And then I woke up, and never returned.

Cool, I always like to read those kind of dreams. Keep it as your next target, try to get back there and continue your story. If they are not dead already :)

flowofmysoul

Postby flowofmysoul » 01 Sep 2013 17:17

Knife wrote:Now I start to wonder if I'm dreaming right now. Maybe life is just one big dream and we wake up one day...

What if you will get into more dreams instead of waking up?

Knife

Postby Knife » 03 Sep 2013 17:13

flowofmysoul wrote:
Knife wrote:Now I start to wonder if I'm dreaming right now. Maybe life is just one big dream and we wake up one day...

What if you will get into more dreams instead of waking up?

Not gonna think too much about that otherwise I end up in a
madhouse :shock:
Inherit the earth

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Sep 2013 01:31

The warrior I see as representing yourself, I take it that you are probably a quite strong person who is fairly tough and able to handle a lot in life. Quite possibly "a warrior" is your current strongest aspect.

The fact you did a lot of surfing. I think shows you enjoy the carefree, fun things of life and love to let your hair down one could say, you may quite possibly be a good influence on others too due to this (eg represented by teaching the other to surf).

The war.. represents some problem in your life, a problem which doesnt last long (hence short war). You may not have seen it as much of a problem at all. A problem you dont actively participate in much, you rather remove yourself from the issue or avoid it (hide) then do something like fight eg you dont try to deal more with the life issue. Instead you put it behind you and go back to surfing (fun, carefree, not having to worry about things stuff).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

flowofmysoul

Postby flowofmysoul » 18 Sep 2013 07:05

taniaaust1 wrote:The warrior I see as representing yourself, I take it that you are probably a quite strong person who is fairly tough and able to handle a lot in life. Quite possibly "a warrior" is your current strongest aspect.

The fact you did a lot of surfing. I think shows you enjoy the carefree, fun things of life and love to let your hair down one could say, you may quite possibly be a good influence on others too due to this (eg represented by teaching the other to surf).

The war.. represents some problem in your life, a problem which doesnt last long (hence short war). You may not have seen it as much of a problem at all. A problem you dont actively participate in much, you rather remove yourself from the issue or avoid it (hide) then do something like fight eg you dont try to deal more with the life issue. Instead you put it behind you and go back to surfing (fun, carefree, not having to worry about things stuff).

Interesting interpretation :)

The whole dream I had question in my head "who is this character, whom am I in this dream?". I think I spent most of my time in this dream trying to answer these questions.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”