this is absolutely CRAZY!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
amy

this is absolutely CRAZY!

Postby amy » 03 Sep 2013 14:29

Mkay. I know I'm not supposed to get frusturated but THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING. Here's my dream from last night-

I am running from something big and scary (this dream, id consider it a bad dream, but I really don't mind bad dreams. I love to remember any dream.) Suddenly this bad guy chasing me says "you know this is a scary dream, but you can turn it lucid." Then everything around me just stopped, and as I speak the words "I am dreaming!" I instantly wake up.

Can somebody PLEASE help me with these kinds of dreams? I keep getting so close but then I wake up or I'm not exactly lucid. PLEASE.

~Amy

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Jacob46719

Re: this is absolutely CRAZY!

Postby Jacob46719 » 03 Sep 2013 18:36

-do reality checks
-stay calm

if you wake up instantly, chances are your sleep cycle ended and you're screwed.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

amy

Postby amy » 03 Sep 2013 20:21

I do reality checks! 10+ a day! And I have been calm.

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 03 Sep 2013 20:35

amy wrote:I do reality checks! 10+ a day! And I have been calm.

In the dream, keep your heart rate down if possible.
or train yourself to avoid being jumpy.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Sep 2013 22:21

I was going to suggest that adrenaline may have been the culprit that caused you to wake up.
It's just a theory.

But having the thing/guy that was chasing you telling you that you were dreaming is a good sign. You must have gone to sleep with a strong intent to remind yourself you are dreaming and it showed up. Why it was chasing you, I don't know. Perhaps you are a little uncertain about lucid dreams and apprehensive. It will go away in time with more experience.

If you think of these as not failures, but instead, part of the learning process, it won't feel as frustrating.

But: So close, yet so far..... it is certainly annoying isn't it? Just look forward to the next time and as long as there is the slightest improvement what so ever, dwell on that and not the failures. Don't compare yourself to anyone else.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

amy

Postby amy » 03 Sep 2013 23:36

I couldnt have been too excited because I didn't feel fired up at all. I was just like "oh . I'm dreaming." If I had time to actually think, then I probably would've gotten excited and woken up anyway but still.

And the reason the guy was chasing me was because of a show I watched before bed.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Sep 2013 00:27

amy wrote:And the reason the guy was chasing me was because of a show I watched before b

Yea, it happens to me all the time. TV shows I watch before bed tend to infiltrate my dreams.

And even I too get short lucid dreams that end almost as soon as they start. It happens to any of us no matter who you are. Maybe it's not adrenaline at at all. I don't know why. But they get rare with more exposure to it.

Keep it up!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Thinker

Postby Thinker » 04 Sep 2013 12:23

If you instantly wake up, what I'm going to suggest will not work.
If you have any seconds to do something, try to do some stabilizing techniques:

ex: http://best-lucid-dreaming-techniques.com/dream-stabilization.html

Explore the bar on the left

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Sep 2013 23:43

Suddenly this bad guy chasing me says "you know this is a scary dream, but you can turn it lucid." Then everything around me just stopped, and as I speak the words "I am dreaming!" I instantly wake up.

You probably woke up just cause you suddenly became more conscious and for some that can wake them up as the waking mind kicks in. Next time instead of thinking that you failed, instead instantly try to WILD back into the dream, having just come out of the dream state, see that as being very close to being able to get back into it. Do not move at all and just lay there and relax with a thought of wanting to get back into the dream. Think of the last part of the dream you had strongly there BEFORE you started to loose it. Let yourself relax and you may find yourself back in it. This could well turn out to be easier then you currently think to start getting the dream back.

if you wake up instantly, chances are your sleep cycle ended and you're screwed.

I completely disagree with what Jacob said with this comment as even if your sleep cycle has ended it is quite possible to go back into a LD (one can do a LD still if half asleep as long as one is relaxed). That will usually produce a shorter LD but still very possible to have one.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Creator

Postby Creator » 05 Sep 2013 13:03

Lololooololol? Hahahahohohoohehehehe.
Sorry but I laughed so hard at that, "I said I'm dreaming! Then I woke up."

Don't scream it, just say, great, I'm lucid. And you probably forgot the feeling of being overexcited, which can cause you to wake up.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

Return to “For Beginners”