Dream Recall?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
zebrafriek1

Dream Recall?

Postby zebrafriek1 » 21 Dec 2011 03:49

Ok as you may know, I have been vying for lucid dreams for a week now and I just want to ask you guys, how many normal dreams do you recall a night? The last two nights I have recorded 6 dreams each night. Only 4 dreams a night were vivid and 1 dream per night was a semi-lucid dream. I regularly record 3 dreams per night as well.How many dreams do you recall per night?

Austin

Re: Dream Recall?

Postby Austin » 21 Dec 2011 04:21

Hey, I normally recall around 4 dreams a night. That's the usual for me, and I can remember them pretty vividly.
Last edited by Austin on 22 Dec 2011 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
Dreams are the touchstones of our character

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Dec 2011 04:46

If you remembered 6 dreams, that's about all there is and probably a good night's sleep too! I occasionally remember the entire night's worth together like they are pictures spread out on a table. I would consider good dream recall at 3 per night which is where I'm at, and have been for years. You certainly are recalling enough for LDs in my opinion.

For me, it wasn't just the recall, but the quality of the dream memories that improved over time. That's what improved significantly as I got closer to lucid dreams. The dream quality increased as in how much like waking reality I could remember, how sharp and detailed the images, vivid the colors, how active the senses were, etc. There was a phase between recall and lucidity where things moved closer and closer to lucidity. When I have an lucid dream, it's really not like a dream at all, it's exactly like waking life. It's like stepping into a perfect virtual reality machine. Very freaky just like the movie Inception. As I got closer to having my first one, my dream quality increased more than my recall, I felt like something was preparing me for lucid dream reality. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

RosenVitae

Postby RosenVitae » 25 Dec 2011 14:47

How much time do you spend documenting your recalls? I have a terrible idea that I could use hours lying there, even with a voice recorder :)
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

zebrafriek1

Postby zebrafriek1 » 26 Dec 2011 05:05

I don't really know how long but it is definitely increasing because the vividity is increasing and i am recalling more dreams. One noticeable thing that just started happening is that i have feelings in my dreams.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Dec 2011 06:27

This sounds like the progression I made, if so I think you're getting very close to lucidity.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”