Hi, very worried about Lucid Dreaming and getting started!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
DreamyRoamer

Re: Hi, very worried about Lucid Dreaming and getting starte

Postby DreamyRoamer » 03 Sep 2013 17:31

btifuldreamer wrote:Well, DEILD works by staying completely still and not opening your eyes as soon as you wake up, this will trick your brain into thinking you're still asleep, then you'll start having a dream. This has kinda worked for me twice. The first time i woke up and remembered not to move or open my eyes, but i could tell there was a blanket right in front of my mouth and it made me really hot cuz i was breathing on it so i moved. The second time, it all worked but i was lying on my arm and i could feel it start to throb cuz the blood circulation was cut off so i moved. You don't really need to remember your previous dream but it will increase your chances because you think of the dream you just had and you will either re enter it or enter another dream lucid. I know it's working because even though i moved and wasn't lucid i had a vivid dream and remembered a lot of it. There was one other thing but i forget. I have a topic on this in the 'Lucid dream techniques topic'. Also, I haven't seen the end of soul eater, i'm at the bit where the keeshan thingy just got out of his cave/dungeon/boop.

Oh I see! I read up on DEILD lately, so now I think I'm fully prepared! Lets hope it works, I might try on Wednesday night because I can set an alarm and wake myself up 4-6 hours after I have gone to sleep which if I'm right is where I start having REM sleep. So when i awaken I should be able to remember a dream and try to re-enter

Highlander wrote:The good thing about B-MILD is that you are saying the mantra while breathing, so, when saying it a couple of times, it gets automatic and you stop concentrating too much on what you are saying. I don't know if i explain it well. I can say to you how i do i:
When i go to sleep, i say the mantra during... say... a good 3-5 minutes. Then, when it gets tiring, i stop saying it. The good thing here is "implanting" an idea on your mind.
But the best time to say it is when you wake up in the middle of the night. You want to get back to a dream. So, say it again. Trust me, you are very tired at this point to get distracted from your mantra. I can only say like a couple of times before i fall asleep automatically.

Ok, so 3-5 minutes.. And yes, i can understand how you are tired when you awake from sleep and it just kinda happens. Thanks, I was wondering if you would still be glancing around the forum!
It was on the day before the day after yesterday.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 03 Sep 2013 22:33

DreamyRoamer wrote:Thanks, I was wondering if you would still be glancing around the forum!

I read this forum and post almost everyday. ;)

Creator

Postby Creator » 05 Sep 2013 20:13

WhohaihwjoahwhoahWHOAH!

If you turn your dream into a nightmare, change the dream scene. Spin around and imagine a peaceful beach. Or somewhere appealing.

Sleep Paralysis is just like watching a scary movie. Just close your eyes, if you must, and don't listen to any voices that say "Open your eyes" dispite how they sound....

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

DreamyRoamer

Postby DreamyRoamer » 05 Sep 2013 20:35

Creator wrote:WhohaihwjoahwhoahWHOAH!

If you turn your dream into a nightmare, change the dream scene. Spin around and imagine a peaceful beach. Or somewhere appealing.

Sleep Paralysis is just like watching a scary movie. Just close your eyes, if you must, and don't listen to any voices that say "Open your eyes" dispite how they sound....

Got it, thanks :D With all this feedback I have got from everyone, including you, I feel pretty good about all this now, I feel like I can face it!

Haven't had a Lucid Dream sadly yet :( Oh well, I better keep trying lol!

chuckeles

Postby chuckeles » 05 Sep 2013 22:45

I have been trying for more then a month now and didn't succeed in achieving lucidity yet. For some people it took even longer. So be patient. Good luck :)
Do a reality check.

My fist lucid dream will be awesome!

DreamyRoamer

Postby DreamyRoamer » 05 Sep 2013 22:56

chuckeles wrote:I have been trying for more then a month now and didn't succeed in achieving lucidity yet. For some people it took even longer. So be patient. Good luck

Thanks, I hope you can get Lucid some day too! All I have had so far are a bunch of messed up dreams lol. I even had one where someone turned into a Walrus! Man my dreams are messed up, I can't wait to turn them Lucid and clear them up a bit.

chuckeles

Postby chuckeles » 06 Sep 2013 07:18

The same here :). In some of my dreams I wish I was lucid, so I could interact. Once I had a dream where my brother was lucid, so he could fly and do crazy stuff, but I was not, so I was lame. I didn't become lucid despite the fact that I was dreaming about it :). Damn close.
Do a reality check.

My fist lucid dream will be awesome!

DreamyRoamer

Postby DreamyRoamer » 06 Sep 2013 18:10

chuckeles wrote:The same here . In some of my dreams I wish I was lucid, so I could interact. Once I had a dream where my brother was lucid, so he could fly and do crazy stuff, but I was not, so I was lame. I didn't become lucid despite the fact that I was dreaming about it . Damn close.

Haha yes, sometimes in our dreams we just ignore the obvious for no reason. I'm always so stupid in my dreams, like in the Walrus one I didn't even take any notice that someone had just TRANSFORMED into a Walrus. I just shrugged it off like any normal everyday thing! If only I could realise what was going on.

DreamyRoamer

Postby DreamyRoamer » 10 Sep 2013 13:47

Yay! I just had my first lucid dream! But i awoke by how surprised i was! I made a topic so you can read what happened :D

Return to “For Beginners”