First Lucid Dream!!!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
countessmizani

First Lucid Dream!!!!

Postby countessmizani » 16 Dec 2011 04:36

Hi, there I've been looking on to this website for 4 weeks now, gaining information and linking my friends to it. Lucid Dreaming has always been of interest to me, but I've never taken as seriously as I do now.

When I was about 5 years old I used to lucid dream in very high detail every night, but of course I didn't know what it was, and I used to hate it, because the same dark figure used to appear.

Although he never hurt me, he just used to yell and nothing more. I had locked this away when I was child never wanting to lucid dream ever again. But then now as I am older, I know what it is and is trying to get back in touch with that side of me and my subconscious.

About a night ago I was attempting the WILD. I had been keeping a dream journal, doing reality checks, and listening to binural beats. But then I had stopped for a week or so and it HAPPENED!!!!. I laid there prior to sleeping 5-4 hours that night. Then I closed my eyes and counted from 1-100 until all the numbers became all jumbled to where I was counting random numbers.

At first it felt like a lead blanket was covering my entire body, then I begin to feel a tingle all over almost electric. The feeling was similar to having sleep paralysis. I wanted to panic but thought about what I had read here and relaxed and let the sensation come over me. I didn't pay attention too much to sound just the feeling.

Suddenly, my eyes shot open, everything was still a bit hazy (sleepy) I had this intense feeling of sleepiness which is probably why everything felt a little hazy, not to much though. I just thought that I woke back up, but then I kept on thinking about what I read. I did a reality check.

I read some where that I should count my fingers or look at my hand. I did just that, and found that I had 8 fingers! and I looked over to my alarm clock and saw that the numbers were skewed and reversed. My bed is against the wall by the window in my room, so I pressed my hand through the wall. The sensation was cool even inside the wall. After that everything became a blur then darkness, I found myself waking up that morning in utter joy.

It was such a surreal experience. It's when I didn't try it happened for me. I would say that it's varies for each person. Also eating bananas helps(contains vitamins that helps with memory), this entire process has also helped me with daily task. Such as school. My grade has actually improved since I started, it had improved my mood and memory. My recall has been enhanced i'll say :)

lucidinthe sky

Re: First Lucid Dream!!!!

Postby lucidinthe sky » 16 Dec 2011 06:00

Congrats on your first LD!

It's amazing that we try so hard, and then finally when we relax, BAM it happens. I had the same experience on my first one. It's almost like I was trying too hard, but you can't force a lucid dream. It's important to do the things you need to, but it's going to happen when it wants.

I'm anxiuosly waiting for the next one, but I'm trying to learn how to be more relaxed about it and trust that it will happen again. Good luck with your lucid future!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

XxJChinxX

Postby XxJChinxX » 17 Dec 2011 17:39

Good job! Last night I tried to set myself comfortable to have a LD. My hands and legs felt like they weren't even there. Like they were being held down by a lead blanket. Like you had said in your story. After that, I didn't fall asleep. I just laid there noticing what happened. Are you supposed to realize that your heavy, or are you supposed to focus on something else? Please reply! Or send me a message. :D

Austin

Postby Austin » 20 Dec 2011 23:30

XxJChinxX wrote:Are you supposed to realize that your heavy, or are you supposed to focus on something else?

Hey, you can either realize the heaviness(realize that your heavy), which should be sleep paralysis, and go into an obe which is seeming like your in your own room and awake but it's your not really and somehow get yourself out of your body/ or you could try creating a dream scene in your mind(focus on something else) when the heaviness happens and it might turn into a lucid dream once the paralysis is over... hope this helps
Dreams are the touchstones of our character

RosenVitae

Postby RosenVitae » 21 Dec 2011 00:10

Congratulations and thanks for sharing :)

It's very inspiring and reassuring to hear that it the training we get here can set in, even when you "take a break" from studying and attempting LDs.

It's like a habbit that we take to eventually.
Started training: 18/12-2011.
First deliberate LD: 4/1-2012 (DILD).
Lucidities after that: 26/3-2012 (DILD during nap), 1/6-2012 (DILD during nap),

countessmizani

Postby countessmizani » 21 Dec 2011 23:30

XxJChinxX wrote:Good job! Last night I tried to set myself comfortable to have a LD. My hands and legs felt like they weren't even there. Like they were being held down by a lead blanket. Like you had said in your story. After that, I didn't fall asleep. I just laid there noticing what happened. Are you supposed to realize that your heavy, or are you supposed to focus on something else? Please reply! Or send me a message. :D

Well it just kind of happend, I just let other thoughts come to me. Like last night I had a regular lucid dream and the feeling was pretty much the same. I didn't go anywhere the first minute but my bed this time, I was probably under for about 5 minutes. This was unexpected and just happend, I was captian of ship i outter space, and my cousin was my right hand man. It was pretty cool. Strangley enough I've been neglecting my dream journal and stopped doing reality checks, and it's been happening for me.

countessmizani

Postby countessmizani » 21 Dec 2011 23:33

RosenVitae wrote:Congratulations and thanks for sharing :)

It's very inspiring and reassuring to hear that it the training we get here can set in, even when you "take a break" from studying and attempting LDs.

It's like a habbit that we take to eventually.

Exactly and I thank you. Like I I haven't been writing in my dream journal all that much or anything and they're just starting to come to me. Next I really want to try to ask my subconcious something, maybe how to improve my writing, ( mainly for my english class and for myself) :)

Return to “For Beginners”