Religious Background

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: Religious Background

Postby HAGART » 02 Sep 2013 22:38

Back to lucid dreaming and the paranormal.

I few weeks ago I had a bad fright from a sleep paralysis entity. It had been over a year since my last one and it just happened on its own a few weeks ago.

I had already woken up from a nightmare where a dark shadow monster was holding my feet and I couldn't yell and couldn't move. I woke up and was a little disturbed by it. I felt like getting up for half an hour or so and watching a comedy on TV just to shake the heeby-jeebys off. But I was too tired, so I didn't. After a while I then felt the terrifying feeling of my bed sheets slowly dragging off me and I looked to see what it was, but there was nothing there. It freaked me out to say the least! I jumped out of bed and told everybody there was a ghost in my room and I couldn't believe it. Then I finally had the sense of mind to question if I was dreaming and did a reality check and indeed I was. I must have fallen asleep without realizing it.

If I had not known it was a dream, and why and how those sorts of nightmares can occur, I would probably start to believe there is an evil entity that attacks me in my sleep. I believe that these sleep paralysis nightmares have been occurring for centuries and in fact the word, 'nightmare', is based on these occurrances. And without looking at it scientifically, we tend to use folklore to explain it.

And one time I had it happen and I was hiding under the covers and could sense pure evil and some hands reached and grabbed my wrists from behind the sheets. It spoke in demonic, Latin phrases. I screamed, Fuck You and even gave it the finger and it vanished. If I was a devoutly religious man, I would start to believe in demons. But I learned more about it and how our emotional state when in that phase of sleep can be heightened and you get very terrified. I think it was my anger that nulled it. And depending on your culture and beliefs, we will experience different 'monsters'.

Some others I had are just like the age old, childhood-monster-under-the-bed, and it reached out with black tendrils from under my bed. It could be a mental archetype.

This doesn't explain everything, but I think sleep paralysis played a role in the folklore that created the concept of demons, monsters, and evil entities. (At least, I hope their not real!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 03 Sep 2013 00:16

While I can understand that SP and being in a Theta state while half awake and asleep can contribute. Some of your story has sparked something off of me. Aside from being a shadow, what did the monster look like. Was it human like, animal like maybe a mix of both, a dog like or cat like in appearance?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Sep 2013 04:36

One day after a lucid dream I awoke to find 4 dark tentacles, or tendrils reaching out from under my bed and they actually touched me and it was disturbing. But I fought it and won.
After that, it was always humanoid in form. (And sometimes you can't fight, and don't win)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Sep 2013 02:04

HAGART wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:I too believe in aliens and I'll tell you why. We live in a vast universe full of planets, some of which are able to sustain us as much as earth. There is no way in hell that we are alone in the universe.

Let's get deep.
Do the aliens, (and let's face it, we are aliens too in their eyes), do they dream and lucid dream too? !

One would have to work out if those aliens sleep or not first even before one could try to work out if they LD or not :) .
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Sep 2013 02:27

[quote="AceOfSpades"] How does your background religious and otherwise influence your view on the following subjects in Paranormal activity.
1. Ghosts.

My religious backgroup was against such things, well I cant remember ghosts being in the bible anyway. Ive seen them so believe in them

2. Elementals (Fairies, Duende, Gnomes etc..)
Another of those things I think went against my religious background but something I believe now due to my experiences. I experienced my first faires, I was in my mid 20s or early 30s at the time, when I joined a group of lightworkers to do earth healing and there was one there who had good psychic sight who could see faires. She took us out to a specific place in the bush in which she said was a fairy meeting place. To my surprise (as I hadnt been expecting to experience anything there), I did in fact feel something very strange there, very rapid, fast moving, very lightish energy, just what I afterwards could imagine faires may give off.

Ive three times since then seen with my physical eyes what are probably elementals. I saw my cat playing with them, I could see them as a group of individual little lights he was chasing and trying to grab and they were like playing back with him, teasing him

3. Celestial Beings (Angels and what not.).
These are in my religious upbringing, but Im yet to physically see an angel but have astrally seen them thou very rarely (I can only right now remember the once, maybe twice as I can remember another time working with a group of some kind of beings), once I was doing some astral work with several angels, we were working on a prison up above it sending it healing

4. Demonic Entities.
They are in the bible so in my religious background, Ive had quite a few run ins with those, Reptilians, greys, ancient egyptain demon and sucubus's . Reptilians and greys as far as I know are not in the bible

5. Monsters.
What's a monster? something ugly and scary. I'll place that in the demonic entity catagory unless one is refering to something like the loch ness monster. Who knows if that exists? I havent experienced it so I dont feel like I could say, there are photos thou of "something". Its probably just an undiscovered reptile?

6. Gods.
Not in my background belief but I do believe that there are things which some call "gods" , but I just think of those being powerful beings. Ive seen Ganesh during meditation, he appeared out of the blue as I truely have nothing to do with him. is he a demi god??

7. Spiritual Energy.
This does have bible beliefs, I dont thou believe in it from that but from my own experiences of it

8. Myths and Urban Legends.
It depends on the myth. I dont believe all of them are based on some truth, some I think have been entirely made up to scare people, some thou may have "some" truth behind them

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Sep 2013 02:36

HAGART wrote:
They should have the right to own property as long as they don't try to give us 'Ghost-Cash'.
They should have the right to vote and be heard.

It's about time we accepted them into our society, and not judge them on the color of their aura.

I thought about it afterward and you're right. Providing citizenship to a monster is like giving citizenship to a dog.

haha so funny :lol:

Lil Fav

Postby Lil Fav » 07 Sep 2013 02:42

I was born into a buddhist household. Now in my teen years I practice buddhism as my philosophy instead of a religion. I am anti-theistic though (hipocritical much) But technichaly all buddhists are atheists because we dont belive in a god.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Sep 2013 22:30

True that! ^^
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”