LD goal: the unkown seed

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
tea

LD goal: the unkown seed

Postby tea » 08 Sep 2013 20:57

hi there! i thought i'd start a thread about a LD challange taniaaust1 thought of.
i'm having a list which i keep updating whenever new ideas show up, here you read about some challanges to do:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3462&p=16396#p16396

however, this thread is about a challange i'm very curious about:

find and unknown seed, plant it and see what grows!

i haven't tried it myself but i'm aiming to do it in my next LD. i'd really love to get a (small or big) collection of experiences here, since you guys keep surprising me with your dreams!

anyone interested?

take care!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

HAGART

Re: LD goal: the unkown seed

Postby HAGART » 08 Sep 2013 22:12

I might as well give it a shot.
Having goals makes LD's more satisfying.

Right now, I don't have any strong goals, besides talking to dream characters, so if there is nobody else around in my dream, I'll try it. I'm already thinking of ways to find, plant and water a seed, but this is just my imagination.

I write back if I ever actually do attempt this.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 09 Sep 2013 03:58

Ill be sure to try this! It's an interesting challenge, and it reminds me of a somewhat recent lucid dream I had.

At some point I saw this small tree just planted, and I randomly to raise my hands up high, and with my hands rising the tree grew instantly to match. So ill plant my weed and grow it like that!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

tea

Postby tea » 09 Sep 2013 07:45

awesome!

yeah, i've thought about several ways to get my hands on a seed:

- check my pockets (ha!) and expect it there
- if it's easier to find a fruit; open it and take out the seed (which then wouldn't be an unknown seed, but i'm sure the result will be interesting)
- find a store which sells plants and stuff, buy some

do you guys have any helpful ways to find a seed?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Sep 2013 17:24

I actually tried it!
I'm surprised it only took one day.

Yesterday, I said I was thinking of ways to find a seed, and plant it and how to do it. Then I thought, the coolest thing to do would be to plant the seed in my own palm and let it grow from there. That way, I don't need to find soil. I still didn't know where I would find a seed, but a pocket is a good place to look.

Anyway, here is what actually happened in the dream, and although I didn't technically plant an unknown seed it was certainly fun:

When I reminded myself of this LD goal I immediately looked at my right palm. It was normal in every way except for one thing. There was a small brown splotch just off-center. I simply willed a plant to grow from that spot and I was surprised to see something sprout. It was a thin stem that grew an inch or so, and I was expecting it to then fill out and become thicker and bushier as it grew, but it didn't. It shot straight up to the ceiling like a vine.

I then plucked it from my palm and felt it with my hands. It was amazing that I had created an object that I could now hold and touch and examine. It was green, with tiny little leaves. (The closest thing to compare it to is Thyme, but much longer and more stem than leaf. I never thought of it as Thyme in the dream, but only now when awake that is the best way to describe it.). I then wondered what it would taste like. I rolled it up in a ball and put it in my mouth. I chewed it and it had a crunchy texture and I could even feel the noodle sized stem. It's hard to explain the taste, but it was a lot like lettuce.

Then I went outside and I was in a city at 'night', so the colors were subdued and not vibrant (to help illustrate). I tried it again, and the same thing happened. This time I let the vine grow and grow up in the air as high as it can. I was amazed I could actually feel it coming out of me like a string being pulled out of a hole in my palm. (I don't know how I would even know that that feels like since it never happened in real life, but that's what it felt like). Watching the thin vine grow way in the air out of sight, I thought of Jack and the Bean stalk and considered climbing it. But I changed my mind and thought it would probably take too long. I then noticed a skyscraper beside me and it was starting to grow vines on the outside of it. I then pointed my palm at the building and the vines grew rampantly around the building and I noticed the lower leaves became fuller and this time the vine was much bigger.

I walked over to the base of the building and noticed the leaves were a lot bigger now, no longer like Thyme, some where only 3 inches, and others were about a foot long. I plucked a 3 inch one and it looked like Baby Spinach only thicker. When I ate it, it tasted like Baby Spinach too and had a great crunch to it and there was water in the middle of the leaf too that wet the mouth. I then saw one of the larger leaves and was going to rip it off and eat it too, but I noticed it was diseased with some brown spots and even had a white splotch on it which I assumed was bird poo. I dared myself to eat it anyway, knowing it's just a dream, but I didn't. I bet it would have tasted awful. The dream ended soon after.

I feel like I have the most ridiculous super power now. I am Vine-Man! 8-)

My imagination earlier in the day payed off, and I didn't have to find a seed at all. If you do want to plant an actual seed in your dream I suggest getting one in real life and keeping it in your pocket throughout the day. I bet in a lucid dream, you will be able to find one in your pocket quite easily after that. And you don't need soil. You could plant it in a carpet I bet and watch it grow from there as long as you believe you can.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Sep 2013 23:16

wow HAGART, you come up with some great ideas in your LD. I would of never thought of growing my seed from my hand (even thou once in a LD when I looked at my hands, I had plants growing out of my fingertips).

haha.. bird poo on your plant.

Ive half heartively tried this challenge just once. I didnt think to try to get the seed out of my pocket at the time and rather started searching for one but there was none to be found in the about 3mins I looked for one in my LD environment, so I ended up deciding to do another LD challenge that day.

I do really want to try this challenge again and next time will get more creative with it.

I loved how you thought to taste your plant too. I'll try to remember to do that.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Sep 2013 00:58

taniaaust1 wrote:I loved how you thought to taste your plant too. I'll try to remember to do that.

It was an impulsive thought, but I'm glad I did. It was the craziest part and I will remember it forever.

My advice for LD challenges is to not over think them. Do you know how hard it would be to find a seed and then find soil and then water it and give it light and......... well, there is not enough time or attention span in a lucid dream in my opinion.

Take some short cuts.
Whatever they are, and only you and your imagination can help.

I still feel like I didn't quite accomplish this and I will practice what I preach.
I am going to put a seed in my pocket and keep it there for a few days. I'm not kidding around. I have a Peach seed (core of a peach I ate, and I wrapped it in toilet paper because it was slimy), in my pocket right now. It reminds me of James and the Giant Peach and I think I may get some strange yet wonderful dreams as a result. Although not an unknown seed the results will be a surprise to me.

I have a peach seed in my pocket and one day in a lucid dream I will make it grow!
(We lucid dreamers are so eccentric aren't we, but FAR from crazy.)
I have a hard time explaining it to family, but I know what I'm talking about and it's so crazy it just might work!

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 10 Sep 2013 01:53

I'll try this in my next LD.
Do a reality check

tea

Postby tea » 10 Sep 2013 11:02

HAGART wrote:I have a Peach seed (core of a peach I ate, and I wrapped it in toilet paper because it was slimy), in my pocket right now.

let it dry in the sun or oven, no need for toilet paper ;)

HAGART wrote:(We lucid dreamers are so eccentric aren't we, but FAR from crazy.)

nope, in my opinion everybody is crazy. it all depends on the perspective... :D

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 23 Sep 2013 22:40

[/quote]
nope, in my opinion everybody is crazy. it all depends on the perspective... :D[/quote]

I agree. We're all crazy. Especially those people that try their best to be 'normal' aka not weird. They're the crazy-est of all. :lol:

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”