help!!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
djaybluej

help!!

Postby djaybluej » 06 Sep 2013 03:47

hey everyone!
ive been practicing lucid dremaing for 2 months and i have no luck. ive tried doing wild, dild, wbtb and reality checks but i never am able to: keep still during wild. and i cant ever notice that im dreaming. please can some one help me with tips and tricks on getting lucid. i have a dream journal with heaps of dreams in it. please can someone help. im starting to loose faith in if lucid dreaming is even real. :cry:

tea

Re: help!!

Postby tea » 06 Sep 2013 15:04

okay, as a beginner you should probably not be trying too hard with WILD. although there are people who find it easier than the other methods, the majority doesn't.
if you still want to do it; nhow have you been doing it by now?

how do you do your reality checks? do you do them according to your dream signs?
how many dreams a week do you record?

also, can you explain how you did WBTB?

have you tried SSILD?
i haven't tried it myself but it seems like a pretty promising method.. here's a link:
http://cosmiciron.blogspot.co.at/2013/01/senses-initiated-lucid-dream-ssild_16.html

one of the biggest mistakes people do is trying too hard. just relax and enjoy every night - not matter if lucid or not. try to get not too frustrated about haven't achieved to lucid dream yet.. recognize it, maybe feel a little sad but then realize that all you can do is to try again. getting angry and wasting all your thoughts and feelings will certainly not lead to success, but rather a mental block.

while we're at it: how is you mental state during the days?

don't worry, lucid dreaming is real and it's awesome :)
you'll find your way!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

djaybluej

Postby djaybluej » 09 Sep 2013 00:03

okay to i think i mayby doing these techniquies wrong so please correct me if u see any mistakes.
when i do wild:
1.i lay in bed
2. i start stereching (to help the musels)
3. i lay still for 15 mins (to try and get into sleep paralasis)
4. i move i get depressed and try for mild (and fail at mild)
if there is a better way to do wild plese let me know. or at least a better way to ld.
and when i wbtb i just try waking up at 3 but when i do wake up i have trouble getting motivated to do anything spesial i just go back to sleep normaly. also when i try doing reality check i have a hard time having a vivid dream to do a reality check or i just end up forgeting to do them in the dream. (and my reality check are usally: holding nose and pinching arm)
and ive never herd of ssild. ill try it tonight. thanks so much for the help. :D also i just want to know dose age matter with lucid dreaming because i read that teenagers arnt usally as good as lucid draming im 15 by the way.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Sep 2013 22:26

djaybluej wrote:okay to i think i mayby doing these techniquies wrong so please correct me if u see any mistakes.
when i do wild:
1.i lay in bed
2. i start stereching (to help the musels)
3. i lay still for 15 mins (to try and get into sleep paralasis)

Why are you aiming for sleep paralysis, it isnt even needed for a LD or a WILD. Sleep paralyses isnt important, it can for "some" be just is a side effect of trying to WILD. I do successful WILDs a lot and cant remember the last time I experienced sleep paralyses (maybe 7 years ago, Ive only had a few episodes of that in my whole life).

15mins??? Im fairly experienced at WILD but often dont WILD that fast. Most of my WILDs take 45 mins to trigger off, some a lot longer. I know its the same for many others who do WILD. You have a lack of patience which is affecting your goals if you wish to LD in that manner (it could even take 90mins for a beginner to get a WILD.. all depends on what state you are in at the time and your ability to relax properly.. seeing you are getting bored so fast, it sounds as if you dont have any experience with relaxation etc). WILD is not the technique for you to be using if you have no patience.

I suggest for you to stop trying WILD and focus on the other techniques. Choose one technique to focus on and work at for a few weeks before giving up on it and trying another if it dont work, you seem to be jumping all over the place and not really giving a technique a good chance to work.

4. i move i get depressed and try for mild (and fail at mild)

If you are getting depressed, that would mean you are getting stressed about it. That isnt at all conductive for this. Stressed is the opposite state to what you are needing.

when i wbtb i just try waking up at 3 but when i do wake up i have trouble getting motivated to do anything spesial i just go back to sleep normaly.

If you arent motivated it may be very hard to have a LD. Think of LD as like learning a new skill, with any new skill you need to be motivated to learn it eg you would of never learnt to walk if you hadnt been highly motivated to learn how to walk and kept trying and trying to do so and put in a lot of effort and time into learning it. A lot of patience to keep trying even when you fell down.

when i try doing reality check i have a hard time having a vivid dream to do a reality check or i just end up forgeting to do them in the dream. (and my reality check are usally: holding nose and pinching arm)

One doesnt need to have a vivid dream to reality check.. all one needs to do is program oneself to do reality checks in any kind of dreams eg by making it habit in your daily life (so you need motivation for that) so doing it will flow over to your dreams. Also doing it to one of your dream signs in real life can help get this happening.

i just want to know dose age matter with lucid dreaming because i read that teenagers arnt usally as good as lucid draming im 15 by the way.

Age doesnt mean anything when it comes to how easy it is going to be for someone to LD or not, it is patience and motivation and also trying good techniques which is important to start triggering LDs. From your post you have all kinds of things going against you (not much patience, lack of motivation and you havent worked out the best techniques for yourself yet either). Any of those areas can have you fail to ever LD.

If anything I think LD may be easier for children/teens then adults as they arent so set in their ways and often find it easier to be more open to things.

I suggest you should do more reading on LDs as you have many misconceptions around this stuff going on (make sure you get your info from those experienced in LD and not from those who are still trying to learn how to do it and havent got the hang of it yet as otherwise you could end up with even more misconceptions around it. Misconceptions around it will just make it harder to do as they cause "blocks" in your thinking eg thinking it's harder to do cause you are a teen.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”