A cool and interesting response to "What do you represent?"

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Vonozar

A cool and interesting response to "What do you represent?"

Postby Vonozar » 09 Sep 2013 08:00

I became lucid in my grandma's backyard. I started walking around, about to fly off when I saw this man quietly picking up moss on the other side of the fence. I decided instead to go talk to him, and I'm glad I did. This is what happened.

Me: "I want to talk to you."
DC: (smiling happily) "Great! How nice of you. I'd like to talk, too."
Me: "You know this is a dream, right?"
DC: (still smiling) "Yes, I know."
Me: "Cool. So who are you? What do you represent?"

All of a sudden a bunch of DCs started to appear. Each of them were different from the other. As I looked at them, I realized they were all different parts of my personality. There was a little girl (I'm 19 but still a little kid at heart) , a person carrying around a cat and a dog (I'm an animal lover) and so many others I didn't get a chance to look at all of them. There had to be at least 20 of them before I woke up. But it was a really cool thing to experience, so I thought I'd share it. :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

[ Post made via Android ] Image

tea

Re: A cool and interesting response to "What do you represen

Postby tea » 09 Sep 2013 08:31

awesome! i love it when DCs know that it's a dream :D

those are the nicest dream characters, i would have loved if you two had talked a little more..
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Sep 2013 18:02

Even though they are strangers, I bet you felt a kindred connection to them as if you knew them your whole life. That's how I feel about some DC's, and especially the ones that know it is a dream.

I agree with your interpretation and feel sometimes they represent our alter egos or facets of our personality, but you happened to see them all at once at one time.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Lisecila

Postby Lisecila » 09 Sep 2013 20:02

That sounds great! :D It's interesting how you can learn so much about yourself from your subconscious

Thanks for sharing!
My Lucid art and more (both in Norwegian and English) : http://nattkinomaskinisten.blogspot.no/

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 09 Sep 2013 22:23

tea wrote:awesome! i love it when DCs know that it's a dream :D

those are the nicest dream characters, i would have loved if you two had talked a little more..

It would have been nice to talk to him a little more, but I got pretty distracted by what he did as it was obvious to me that he was making them appear. I wonder now what he himself represented. It would have been interesting to hear what he said. I'm lucky in the fact that about half of the time when I talk to a DC, they know it is a dream or they don't know but are easily convinced if you tell them. :)

HAGART wrote:Even though they are strangers, I bet you felt a kindred connection to them as if you knew them your whole life. That's how I feel about some DC's, and especially the ones that know it is a dream.

I agree with your interpretation and feel sometimes they represent our alter egos or facets of our personality, but you happened to see them all at once at one time.

Yes, I did feel a connection to them. I had never seen any of them before that I can remember, but it was as if I knew each of them very well. It wasn't all that much an interpretation. I just sort of knew that that's what they represented, the way you just sort of know things in a dream without anyone telling you. You just all of a sudden know it. But I could tell as well, just by looking at them. I probably would have interpreted it that way if I hadn't known they each were different parts of my personality. The way the dream happened made it very clear to me what each of them represented. I hope I get to experience it again here soon. :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Sep 2013 00:09

Vonozar wrote:It wasn't all that much an interpretation. I just sort of knew that that's what they represented, the way you just sort of know things in a dream without anyone telling you.

You're right. In the dream, we have an intuitive sense and 'just know'.
I know what you're talking about.

It's just a different choice of words, but that's what I meant. It's hard to put the feeling of lucid dreams into words, isn't it?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 Sep 2013 00:52

Cool dream :)

Im wondering now if I called for all the aspects of myself to show as DCs if they all would. It sounds to be a great way of doing subpersonality work with oneself.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 10:34

Wow this is simply amazing! It's so beautiful to see people getting so much out of their dreams. I have always loved dreams but I never knew just how far you could take them and how much personal insight you can get out of them. I feel a great deal of joy for the future in discovering this for myself. I have only asked this question myself to a few people and so far have only gotten one response and it was absolutely terrifying hahah. I look forward to the day I could maybe get John Lennon or Paul McCartney as a dream figure. "Hello Paul, do you know this is a dream?" "Yes I do, I thought i'd come and visit you since I can't do so in person." Haha, now that would be a beautiful thing to wake up from. Sorry to go a bit off topic! I really do enjoy the topic.

Return to “Dream Characters”