It's hard to share lucid dreaming with family and friends

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Sep 2013 05:11

Some of you are lucky and have people in your lives to share it with.

But I hear it time and time again, from most of you, and I am in the same boat... our closest relatives have a deaf ear to what we experience, and I want to share it with them. But they won't listen.

I want to share this 'secret life' with my brothers, and I've been trying to tell them for a few years now that I am a lucid dreamer, but they don't understand.

(I am just venting my frustrations, and I know a lot of you feel the same way sometimes.....)

Let it out!
At least we have each other!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

AceOfSpades

Re: It's hard to share lucid dreaming with family and friend

Postby AceOfSpades » 09 Sep 2013 05:50

It's one of the reasons I remain anonymous about it, very few know that I am a lucid dreamer. Mostly it's because I am afraid they wouldn't understand while others have a disbelief in it. The worst ones though are those that see it as a sign that you're head has a lot of bad wiring. A lot of people I know think that when people become aware in their dreams, it means we are going crazy which is bullshit, but still.

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 09 Sep 2013 08:30

Great thread Hagart! I'm sure there are lots of peole that want to vent about this. It does seem to be such a common thing unfortuately. :/ I try to talk to my family about it. I'm the same way, I want to share this other world with them and all the benefits that come with it. But I feel like they question my sanity if I bring up lucid dreaming. My mom rolls her eyes if I even say the word lucid or even just dream. I have a friend of mine that is a beginner in lucid dreaming and isn't putting much effort in, but I can talk to them about it a bit. However he doesn't understand a lot, and when I try to explain I just get blank looks and half the time he changes the subject. I've stopped talking about it because it's making me feel as though people question my sanity if I do. It's so darn frustrating! And that is my venting. :P

[ Post made via Android ] Image

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 09 Sep 2013 14:41

I think that the best way to approach this and this might seem kinda sneaky would be to stealthy induce a lucid dream onto your brothers. It's rather simple really, feed them certain foods like popcorn, apple juice, green tea with lemon. Foods that would help induce it more. Lace their music with binaural beats, things like that. Nothing harmful. But the idea is that unless they see it for themselves they aren't gonna believe it. Some take it at face value others would have to see it.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 09 Sep 2013 15:48

I've tried sharing Lucid dreaming with my family, they're not very interested, or understand it, like Hagart said.
Do a reality check

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 09 Sep 2013 17:29

I'm lucky that my family is open-minded about that. My grandma is actually trying to overcome a nightmare using a technique i told her. I sometimes tell her and my mother some of my dreams, but only if it comes up in a conversation.
But here in Portugal, talking about dreams is very common. Mainly amongst women. Lucid dreams are still an unknown subject to most, but i found out that in some psychology classes they have Lucid Dreaming as one of the subjects. Cool.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 09 Sep 2013 20:26

I agree, and Morhpheous explains why the best!
"No one can be told what the matrix is. You have to see it for yourself."

Such a good lucid dreaming movie and I didn't even know it as a kid!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Sep 2013 20:56

I know how you guys feel, and I am the same way.

About The Matrix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7BuQFUhsRM
I haven't seen it in a while, but there is a part in the movie where one of the guys is eating a steak and he knows it's not real, but it tastes just as good. (The link is a 1 minute clip of that scene) Lucid dreaming is like that sometimes. The illusion is so real at times, and although a dream, they are real life experiences that shape who I am as a person just like any other memory.

It's my 'secret, double life'. I am Clark Kent when awake and Superman in a lucid dream!

To Ace of Spades. It would be great to 'slip them a Mickey' so they can get their 'first taste of that steak', and know what it's like. I won't, but it's funny to think about! :lol:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Sep 2013 04:26

I learnt not to talk about my "stranger" stuff to my parents, from when I was a child due to how much it freaked my parents out (at that time it was seeing spirits). Ive been basically alone with everything all my life. I have my reality where all kinds of things are possible and they have theirs.

Internet it great, one can find like minds to group up with and talk about things with (before that I used to travel a lot to attend groups of those who experience similar things).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Off-Topic”