Dreaming during the day

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Goldkoron

Dreaming during the day

Postby Goldkoron » 09 Sep 2013 04:13

Is it possible, to have a very vivid advanced dream during the daytime, even if your REM cycle peak is around 4:00 AM?
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Re: Dreaming during the day

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Sep 2013 21:54

Its very possible to have a LD during the day, in fact not even sleep is necessary for a LD (some do them in meditation states).

I often do LD during the day.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Errevet

Re: Dreaming during the day

Postby Errevet » 11 Sep 2013 13:09

taniaaust1 wrote:Its very possible to have a LD during the day, in fact not even sleep is necessary for a LD (some do them in meditation states).

I often do LD during the day.

In July i went through a first ten-days vipassana meditation course. The first three days we had to calm down and sharpen the mind by just focussing on the natural breath. It came to me that in the beginning I identified myself with the thoughts coming up in my mind, and there was an urge to control these thoughts. But the more I tried not to think, the more i thought. Anyway, Later on these thoughts became more and more, like we say 'daydreams'. I was aware that i was not in control over the roots of my thoughts and it became clear to me that at a deeper level my mind was actually constantly in a dreaming state. And sometimes during these awfully long meditation hours, i was dreaming that i walked away out of the meditation hall, and then i suddenly came to my senses again, sitting in meditation pose.

Our minds are pretty wild
I demand -"Help me pile up those palettes NOW!!"
he answers -"...almonds" ??

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”