Only 3 Days into it and Already had Lucid Dream!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Shibby30

Only 3 Days into it and Already had Lucid Dream!

Postby Shibby30 » 07 Sep 2013 02:01

I'm not exactly a beginner. I played with lucid dreaming last Summer and had several mild LD's. Recently I picked it up again and after only three days of dream journaling and setting my intention before going to sleep I had an LD. My problem is, not waking out the dreams prematurely, but the fact that they are 9/10 times very mild. I realize that I'm dreaming but still half believe my dream and am not fully in my senses. My intention is to eventually do deep inner work, and not just chase a high like many people seem to. I want to remember my mission, to learn about myself from LD's. Does this just take more time and effort?
theinnerroad.blogspot.com

Lil Fav

Re: Only 3 Days into it and Already had Lucid Dream!

Postby Lil Fav » 07 Sep 2013 02:05

Thats Great! Ive been trying at it for months without any sucsess

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 08 Sep 2013 02:59

Do you tell yourself over and over that you're going to be in a dream soon when you're falling asleep? I think this is what's been working for me. I do the usual reality checks but I swear it's telling myself these things when I'm falling asleep that works for me.

tea

Postby tea » 08 Sep 2013 20:41

something that works for me is to do a reality check when realizing it's a dream. it works like some sort of stabilization and intensificationa at the same time.

also, remember to keep reminding yourself that you're in a dream because it can happen to lose lucidity.

are those any helpful tips, or are you looking for different answers?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Creator

Postby Creator » 09 Sep 2013 02:43

It's simply that the mnemonic induction of lucid dreaming is less complicated then most other induction techniques, making it easier to preform.

Good job.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Sep 2013 22:01

If they are mild, as another said, you need to be doing stabilization techniques. That should help to get deeper into the LD while at the same time waking your mind up more during the dream as it keeps you thinking and using your brain. You could count things in your dream or whatever, just try to use your normal waking mind to get it working better..
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 09 Sep 2013 23:00

Another thing is, I seem to have lucid dreams at that point in the last REM cycle after getting up once, and at nights when I don't sleep too well. That might be why they seem to be mild.

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 10 Sep 2013 13:02

I also notice that all of the focusing and affirming techniques while one is going to sleep seems to lead to very restful sleep whether I become lucid or not.

Return to “For Beginners”