Flying faster than your processing speed

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

Flying faster than your processing speed

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Sep 2013 07:09

Had my first LD in a little over 2 months. I was well into the dream when I became lucid, returning to this huge underground building with stores inside of it like a shopping mall. It had a large cave-like opening in the side of a hill. As I was walking toward the opening and thinking about how hot it had been a DC walks up to me and puts a sticker on my back for a joke. I pulled it off and just then started to notice that it was beginning to snow. Started catching the snow flakes in my hand wondering how it could be snowing when it was so hot out. "Ah, wait a minute, must be a dream!" I checked my hand and there was only 4 fingers then immediately ran toward the entrance telling all the DCs around me, "Let's go in". I didn't even bother waiting for them to catch up. Then had the thought: "Why run when you can fly?" So off I went at high speed flying through the hallways in the building past the glass fronted shops. I had to grab the walls at one point just to satisfy my usual dream touch obsession. Then there was a sharp turn off to the left and I was going so fast I couldn't make the turn. It was as if the mental processing speed of creating the visuals couldn't keep up with the speed needed to update the visual screen. The entire visual display went blank at that point. I kept waiting in the dream for the visuals to come back after several minutes, nothing. Then I woke up. Even though it was fairly short, it broke the dry spell so it was great.

The method I used was MILD. That's Mnemonic Induction Lucid Dream for those who don't know. It's interesting because I had attempted the same method for 5 or 6 nights in a row with no success. The only difference between success and failure was the number of times I mentally repeated the phrases. That's it. 5 or 6 times didn't work. 20 to 30 times worked. Another learning experience.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jacob46719

Re: Flying faster than your processing speed

Postby Jacob46719 » 19 Sep 2013 23:30

Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”