[WILD] Vividness Stabilization, Transitioning Into The Dream

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Creator

[WILD] Vividness Stabilization, Transitioning Into The Dream

Postby Creator » 11 Sep 2013 21:22

You're probably gonna think this is going to be unnecessarily large. Nah, just a few questions, I need to acknowledge alot of things before I try the WILD technique~

• When you're lying down waiting to transition into the dreamscape, can you have the full fledged paralysis with scary hallucinations? Or do you just become paralized without the hallucinations? (That'd be nice.)

• How exactly does the transitioning work? Please, no links...

• When you enter the dream, it's said that it's intensly vivid, because your consciousness doesn't reset. Is that true? And when you enter the dream, can it loose it's vividness?

• You know how you have to keep your eyes open? When you fall asleep, will your eyes be open, or closed?

• That's it, NO LINKS, PLEASE!!!. Please answer! :)

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

Highlander

Re: [WILD] Vividness Stabilization, Transitioning Into The D

Postby Highlander » 11 Sep 2013 23:00

I'm kinda new to WILD. I use other techniques, but i untentionally did a successful WILD a few days ago. I posted here, i don't know if you read it. But i can answer you based on that experience (it can be different from other people):

1- I did not have any scary hallucinations. Just the images of the dream forming in front of me. As for paralysis, i guess i had it but i was not paying attention to that. I kinda wanted to be paralysed because i did not want to move in waking life, just in the dream.

2- Images were forming in front of me. As soon as i saw an image i realized that i was about to have a dream. So, i focused on what was forming. As this happens, i felt my body vibrating. And that's a good sign. I kept my focus so, a few seconds later, i was totally inside the dream.

3- The dream was as vivid as any other lucid dream of mine so, as for vividness i didn't notice any difference.

4- Even when the eyes are closed, they are seeing something. So, when the images formed, i didn't think about if my eyes were open or closed. I saw images, that's what mattered.

jmmc137

Postby jmmc137 » 12 Sep 2013 08:55

1. I go into sleep paralysis with minute visual, tactile, and auditory hallucinations. Nothing scary though. It's not as bad as a lot of people think. It's just you and your thoughts. If you focus your thoughts on breathing then it will be less likely for you to experience anything unpleasant.

2. After some time in sleep paralysis, you gradually start to feel vibrations in your body. They intensify progressively, accompanied by a growing buzzing sound in your ears/head. The buzzing sound gets louder as the vibes get stronger. Eventually, the vibes and buzzing will get so loud that they kinda plateau and "even out" to a peaceful silence. During this time, the visuals go from black and transitions slowly to white. From there, it will colorize into a dream. The transition phase is just like changing the station on an old radio. There's always that fuzzy spot in between the stations before you get to another clear sounding station.

3. My WILD dreams are more vivid because my lucidity is higher in this technique that any other. But just like any other dream, you can lose lucidity, which equates to losing vividness sometimes.

4. You don't have to keep your eyes open. It's distracting in my opinion. You need to relax all of your muscles in order to fall asleep faster, including your eyes.

Creator

Postby Creator » 12 Sep 2013 12:12

Can you leave your eyes open when you attempt this?

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 12 Sep 2013 15:43

Creator wrote:Can you leave your eyes open when you attempt this?

This, I want to know. As I constantly wonder why people say they see hallucinations before their bed, etc. How do they see that with closed eyes?
Do a reality check

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 12 Sep 2013 15:51

Goldkoron wrote:As I constantly wonder why people say they see hallucinations before their bed, etc. How do they see that with closed eyes?

How do you see stuff in your dreams while your eyes are closed? It's almost the same.
Even when the eyes are closed, they are seeing something. Have you tried closing your eyes and observe what you see? You will notice some abstract forms (caused by the contact of your eyelids with your eyes.) If you lay down and relax, sometime after your body and mind will enter in a deep state where your mind will start to provide you with images.
That's my theory, i don't know if i'm right technically.

jmmc137

Postby jmmc137 » 12 Sep 2013 19:12

Creator wrote:Can you leave your eyes open when you attempt this?

Why would you want to? You can but it is way more difficult. Like I said, it's distracting.

Creator

Postby Creator » 12 Sep 2013 20:59

How am I supposed to do it with my eyes closed? Wouldn't I just fall asleep like a normally do?

If you see dreamlets with your eyes shit, why don't I see it when I usually go to sleep??

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 12 Sep 2013 22:05

Creator wrote:How am I supposed to do it with my eyes closed? Wouldn't I just fall asleep like a normally do?

If you do WILD properly, you don't fall asleep right away. That's why those techniques exist. If you fall asleep, then you didn't do WILD.

Creator wrote:If you see dreamlets with your eyes shit, why don't I see it when I usually go to sleep??

"Your eyes shit" is funny. Haha. I guess you wanted to write "eyes shut".
You can see dreamlets when you go to sleep. If you don't see and fall asleep, again, you didn0t do it properly. It takes some focus. This forum has a great explanation for doing WILD properly.

Creator

Postby Creator » 13 Sep 2013 02:20

Highlander wrote:
Creator wrote:How am I supposed to do it with my eyes closed? Wouldn't I just fall asleep like a normally do?

If you do WILD properly, you don't fall asleep right away. That's why those techniques exist. If you fall asleep, then you didn't do WILD.

Creator wrote:If you see dreamlets with your eyes shit, why don't I see it when I usually go to sleep??

"Your eyes shit" is funny. Haha. I guess you wanted to write "eyes shut".
You can see dreamlets when you go to sleep. If you don't see and fall asleep, again, you didn0t do it properly. It takes some focus. This forum has a great explanation for doing WILD properly.

Where can I find to do it properly?

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”