A couple questions for the pro's

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
kakes 411

A couple questions for the pro's

Postby kakes 411 » 22 Dec 2011 06:55

Alright...Haven't really been active, so here goes.

First off, I'm 12, don't hate me.

I have been frequently been having lucid dreams, they aren't very interesting, but I'm making progress. I can now remember to do the things that make you more lucid. As soon as I become lucid, I rub my hands together, do simple math problems, and scream "CLARITY, NOW!" like whatshername said to do on her website. Anyway, here's the questions.

1. I repeatedly do the things listed above. Yes, it becomes clear, and slightly better. But after a certain point, it just doesn't get any clearer! I can see a few details, and people are for the most part realistic, but it's just not very realistic. Think of a video game with the graphics down all the way. Sort of like that. Will it ever get any clearer, or am I doomed with unrealistic dreams?

2. I don't have very much control. I can do a few things, but other than that I don' have very much control. I understand it takes practice, but it's really annoying. Like once I made an old friend appear, but he looked like he had just been out of a fistfight. He was all misshapen and acting strange. Like all mysterious, saying he would be watching me from a distance to keep me safe. I tried to turn him to normal, but all I could to was change his hairstyle. Woo, exiting... Anyway, how long will perfect control take?

Sorry for any late replies, I keep forgetting to come here.
I'm 12, and have been having lucid dreams for many years, but I just found out about the practice of them.

(Used to call them "dreams where you know you're dreaming")

Peter

Re: A couple questions for the pro's

Postby Peter » 22 Dec 2011 07:28

how could we hate a 12 year old with a few questions.

Take your time with lucid dreaming and dont try for adult stuff, by that I mean friends and difficult tricks. Try for something you are interested in like a pet or hobby, something that you are very happy with and have strong feelings. You might get better images and then get some of the skils that it takes time to master
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

kakes 411

Postby kakes 411 » 22 Dec 2011 07:54

Pet or a hobby?

I just got some ideas.

I'll try to have one tonight.
I'm 12, and have been having lucid dreams for many years, but I just found out about the practice of them.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Dec 2011 08:19

Don't, worry no one here will hate you.

I certainly wouldn't call myself pro, but I want to encourage you to continue and would advise you to focus on just becoming more lucid, not on controlling anything. Controlling the dream is more advanced and something that for most people comes after a bit of experience. Get the foundation solid first and build on it.

From your descriptions, It sounds like what's missing is the quality and clarity. I think that will improve with time. Are you doing any work with dream recall and journalling? I would recommend doing that if you aren't. I have also found that the early morning has the most clear, vivid dreams and the greatest chance of lucidity. For me, the clarity can also vary, but the dream quality at the end of the sleep cycle is the best. I recommend the WILD method in the early morning after approximately 6-7 hours sleep.

As far as realism in lucid dreams go, based on my experience the potential is for dreams that are 100% indistiguishable from waking life. Mind-blowing real. I would never have believed this if I hadn't experienced it. I'm still completely blown away by how real a lucid dream can be, it doesn't even seem possible. I could go on and on about this subject.

So don't give up, keep going and I think you'll get here, but it takes time so be patient. Keep us posted on you progress.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

kakes 411

Postby kakes 411 » 22 Dec 2011 09:00

I usually just focus on realism. But then as soon as it as realistic as it will go, I just do whatever I want to. Good for taking out the stress of the day.

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 22 Dec 2011 23:28

I'm not a pro XD but taking some vitamin B6 will help with the clarity problem (and it helps with dream recall). Vitamin B6 can be found in milk,fish,bananas,honey, etc. Good luck and sweet dreams!

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 23 Dec 2011 00:08

1. This has happened to me a few times. It's all about concentration and focus. Don't over do it though or you'll wake up. Say to yourself something like 'I know it can be clearer than this. More clarity!' DEMAND it.

2. That level of control seems pretty good for a novice! Just keep practicing, and build it up.
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “For Beginners”