my ongoing night terrors

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
taniaaust1

Re: my ongoing night terrors

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Mar 2013 03:18

hatterwest wrote:
What Im still trying to figure out (your posts have confused me) is when you are getting up to interact with these things.. are you mentally aware of your physical body still being in the bed still?

My physical body is up and playing,walking etc. i have never left my physical body in bed, so im not lucid dreaming, it can happen from 30mins of trying to goto sleep (so i havnt actually fallen asleep yet) and at any point during the night through any stage of sleep. Last night i went to the toilet and saw (what appeared to be) an outline of a child about 5 metres from my door, i didnt do anything but look at it then went back to bed, i am totally aware and physically up.

Are you at times also interacting with them with your physical body during daily life? eg really getting physically up and interacting? or interacting at other times during normal daily life?

During the day, absolutely nothing happens. it all all at night time, i have never meditated or anything to take me to a state to experience it during the day, we are looking into meditation to help me sleep.
False awakenings, im going to say i havnt experienced these as my physical body is always where i think it is lol, with the people i follow, and their smell.. they all go to the same place in my house, into my wardrobe although i do see things when i stay in other peoples homes aswell.

Sorry if im not answering your questions very well. Im still learning all the terms. There is a lot involved in this lol

sorry bear with me, Im still trying to work out if any of these may be false awakenings or not. Seeing you havent gone to sleep at all it is more likely it may not be a false awakening, with false awakenings one does believe one is in ones physical body and if you look at the bed cause it is a dream which you dont know it is, one wont see ones physical body there. So people believe they actually just got out of bed physically.

To complicate this it is also possible to have a waking induced lucid dream (so I'd think a waking induced false awakening would be very possible too). With these one may not experience going to sleep at all as ones waking consciousness can flow from the completely awake state to a dream state without any break in awareness at all eg no awareness that one just has fallen asleep. A combo of this and a false awakening would be extremely confusing and seem real. Now thou Im thinking due to what you said, it isnt this.. as if one has a false awakening.. there does come a point in which the person does "wake up" and realises it was a false awakening they had before. If you arent waking up at any point.. yeah you must be awake.

It would cause thou confusion if you have gone back to bed after a false awakening and then experienced yourself going to sleep and then later wake up from that....as you wouldnt then realise that you were asleep before that. Many people experience false awakenings in which they get up to go to the loo or get up to get a drink. During these period where you get up and see things.. do you have others in your house who can later confirm you actually got up as you believe you have??? Do you wake others up at the time who can later confirm it was real (and not a waking dream you then went back to bed from and then go to sleep consciously from there).

Your incidences do sound like common natural medium stuff. So im going to advise on that level as if you are dealing with actual spirits or other entities. Next time you see a being, this is what you need to do.

1/ Say a protection prayer.. use whatever beliefs you have to do that (just in case its bad things messing with you) eg innerly ask please god and the holy angels.. protect me from anything evil etc (or whatever you want to say). Know you are safe (your belief in the protection will strengthen it), imagine divine white light surrounding you.. protecting you.

2/. Focus on your heart and while doing so.. think of some time when you felt a lot of love (if you have children this could be at the birth of your child etc). Then imagine this love going out to the spirit you see, surround and cover it with love. (If its a negative one you will see it dont like that energy at all, it will get fearful or react in another way. Ive had beings at that point change eg a beautiful goddess like being who was trying to fool me (but I didnt know.. I do these checks as a precaution thing), once changed to a hag and went off screaming in agony.. the energy hurt it).

If the being dont like the love energy.. then call god or whatever you want for divine energy (or just think "divine energy" and imagine this DIVINE (white light) coming down from above, entering your crown.. and then project this energy out of your hand towards the being. Order it to leave and get out of your space (if you are christian you can order it in the name of Jesus Christ). Only very rare beings would be able to stay if you are using your will and doing this and ordering them to leave. Most entities/demons are very easy to get rid of. They are quite weak really if you start doing these things and projecting divine light at them and ordering them to leave your space. (I arent even Christian so dont have that power behind me but still easily manage to get rid of most of these).

3/ If the being is a good one who only seeks your help to move on or whatever.. after its passed these checks, you need to innerly, with your mind and thoughts (or if it helps say it outloud) ask it what it wants you to do? Find out its problem .. (if you cant hear it..dont let that concern you, just tell it its time here is over and to look for the divine light and enter it. It is true that some spirits dont know they are dead and need to be told. Some may need reassurance to move on). You could also ask it if it has something it wants to show you.

If you are a natural medium.. its a special role you have to play, its no good trying to run from your path.

You may also have an angel or high guide waiting to work with you with this if you call to them to start working with you and make themselves known (test these in the same way as the other things are tested.. evil can take on many forms). eg an example of the thought you could project out seeking help "I call upon a guide or angel to divinely help/teach me and ask this to be for my highest good".

Post back and let me know how you got on.. (I have many other things I can share with can help).

Where you scared of the spirit child? If so.. why?

If you end up not being able to bring yourself to start dealing with these things (Im a lightworker and willing to help you with that without opening yourself up in any dangerous ways, i have some experience in this).. you may then need to seek out a mediumship or spiritual group who does mediumship and has no fear in this area and go and learn throu them.

I personally think you are better off thou if you can start dealing with this now as if you go to a group and start learning this stuff.. its going to be happening to you MUCH MORE and have much more to deal with. it will be like turning your ability wide open and like as if you are wearing flashing lights on your head telling the spirits "come to me, I can see you". Some groups thou they have that gift and skill.. some of them arent acting in safe ways and bringing things into their bodies (eg there was a medium at a spiritualist church in my city who run a class and all the ones there ended up being possessed!! and were all laying on a floor completely out of it and couldnt be brought back to reality. Another healer had to be brought in to fix things. That other had done things in an unsafe way. Possession does and can happen (Ive been called in to deal with it and experienced it a little myself) and hence why Im not going to recommend you to go and find a mediumship group as I cant give you any good recommendations for one. Some groups can see and work with spirits but they may not be able to percieve other negative entities (so could be working with bad things). There is also individuals and groups out there who are working for the dark side and purposely will infest people with stuff and put them into trouble (good verses evil thing is very much going on).

But anyway..that being said. I can help you to help yourself if you are willing to do so, which I think is safer then going to unknown groups for help in getting over your fear. You can safely learn how to deal with this stuff.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

hatterwest

Postby hatterwest » 31 Mar 2013 04:47

Geez, thats ALOT to take in, a little overwhelmed/confused lol

I am definitely not experiencing false awakenings, my boyfriend watches me do these things as laughs at me lol, my brother has found me in other rooms shaking and crying and i dont remember anything about why i am there.

I wasnt scared at all, at first. He was the first one i actually tried to find, he walked into my wardrobe and when i went to "talk to him" he wasnt in there, i pulled everything out of my wardrobe trying to find him, then walked up the hallway into my brothers room to look for him in there as our wardrobes share a wall, i opened the doors and couldnt see him, then it was like something in my mind changed and my emotions changed immediately, i was terrified, crying, knowing quite well what i had just done but so frightened as surely that cant be real, thinking i must be crazy.. as a child, as far back as i can remember. Every single night i can remember seeing a big man walk up the hallway and into my bedroom. it was more a dark mass, but i could make out his features, but no face? he wore a hat and had a baton. I never felt scared of him, one night i let him walk all the way upto the side of my bed, i just rolled over and went to sleep. maybe he was my protector lol. i only feel fear when 'logic' kicks in and says, this isnt real, you are crazy!

One night i had a terror about a snake.. went back to sleep, then woke up later that night and saw my dog (not her physical body) i went and picked her up and laid back down and went to sleep with her in my arms. The next day i get home from work and my mum tells me that Chloe (the dog) got bitten buy a snake today and she is fighting for her life, i told mum about my dream and she said that she dreamt about snakes that night also? We still have Chloe thankfully. Ever since ive been thinking, was that just coincidence? was 'something' telling me that it was going to happen? - i need to learn (if i do have natural abilities) how to understand and control my emotions i guess, so i dont lose focus of whats happening and get scared. most nights i go to bed petrified to go to sleep, wondering what is going to happen.

There is a lady who works near me and she seemed to know alot about whats happening without me telling her anything, she also told me that i have a young girl that with me, all the time? Maybe she is my guide? i really appreciate your help, i am so lost and confused and have had many people tell me whats happening to me, all explanations are different, a neurologist told me im too old for night terrors and that i have a wire loose!! they also said that the terrors r caused by epilepsy, the put me on medication which made them so much worse, and i couldnt wake upself up out of them. They then changed their minds and said it was narcolepsy, and then sleep apnea. Seemed they were just taking blind stabs at it. Out of all the explanations i have had, this 'area' seems to fit best, but i have to admit, its very full on and a little bit daunting all this information. I feel like it is going to take forever to learn it all. I have so many questions going through my head so fast i cant even hear them. I know it will take time but I am willing to learn.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Mar 2013 05:32

hatterwest wrote:I am definitely not experiencing false awakenings, my boyfriend watches me do these things as laughs at me lol, my brother has found me in other rooms shaking and crying and i dont remember anything about why i am there.

People do and can sleep walk, sleep walking with false awakenings would be very confusing. One thing which is confusing me about your situation is it isnt completely making sense UNLESS its more then one thing going on here

eg in the above quote you said your brother found you in another room with no awareness why you were that. In that case, you MUST OF been dreaming and sleep walked there. If you walked with waking consciousness there, you'd remember it.

Anyway.. that tells me that there must be some dream stuff involved here too (unless you are being completely possessed at times but that is far far less likely. Thou ive hung around in various psychic circles for a long time now, Ive only come across a few occassions where people have been completely taken over by spirits and in those occassions it was very obvious to others around them at the time they were actually possessed. This was in people doing high risk stuff something you arent doing unless you've played around with oujia boards and stuff or done other things which could get yourself in trouble eg trance channeling in which a spirit is purposely allowed to come into the body).

I wasnt scared at all, at first. He was the first one i actually tried to find, he walked into my wardrobe and when i went to "talk to him" he wasnt in there, i pulled everything out of my wardrobe trying to find him, then walked up the hallway into my brothers room to look for him in there as our wardrobes share a wall, i opened the doors and couldnt see him, then it was like something in my mind changed and my emotions changed immediately, i was terrified, crying, knowing quite well what i had just done but so frightened as surely that cant be real, thinking i must be crazy.. as a child, as far back as i can remember. [/quote]

its not easy to come to terms with this stuff. It took me YEARS before I wasnt scared of the things I saw. (I grew up in a haunted house, thou the haunting was just outside the house with a spirit purposely terrorising me and my sisters).

Every single night i can remember seeing a big man walk up the hallway and into my bedroom. it was more a dark mass, but i could make out his features, but no face? he wore a hat and had a baton. I never felt scared of him, one night i let him walk all the way upto the side of my bed, i just rolled over and went to sleep maybe he was my protector lol.

That's bad.. by just allowing him to do that you could of unknowingly giving him permission to affect you by this allowing. (im not sure how that works if one just allows a being to do that.. Im not sure but I think there is usually like spiritual laws in place which help protect us..those things usually cant touch us unless there is a reason for it.. but you consciouslly allowed him to come right up to you and into your space). Always order beings you dont know if they are good or bad to leave. You wouldnt turn your back on a stranger and ignore them completely eg go to sleep if they were coming up to you.. dont do that to beings either!

A dark mass with no features may of been what is called a "shadow person".. if so, these are evil beings which feed on negative human emotions eg such as fear (so best not to be afraid but just stand up for oneself) and can also make a person sick, not human spirits thou they can have a human form.

One night i had a terror about a snake.. went back to sleep, then woke up later that night and saw my dog (not her physical body) i went and picked her up and laid back down and went to sleep with her in my arms. The next day i get home from work and my mum tells me that Chloe (the dog) got bitten buy a snake today and she is fighting for her life, i told mum about my dream and she said that she dreamt about snakes that night also? We still have Chloe thankfully. Ever since ive been thinking, was that just coincidence? was 'something' telling me that it was going to happen?

premonition dreams. Not uncommon for those who have natural psychic gifts. Chloe may of known what was about to happen to her too and hence had spiritually come to you during the night. Ive had many similar ncidences but with rather passed over pets of mine... they can come to us astrally.

- i need to learn (if i do have natural abilities) how to understand and control my emotions i guess, so i dont lose focus of whats happening and get scared. most nights i go to bed petrified to go to sleep, wondering what is going to happen.

the only way you are going to loose your fear is to start facing the stuff and start trying to deal with things.. one thing or incident at a time. With experience your confidence will grow.. its going to be majorly overwhelming for a time. You just need experience.

There is a lady who works near me and she seemed to know alot about whats happening without me telling her anything, she also told me that i have a young girl that with me, all the time? Maybe she is my guide?

Id very much doubt that you would have a guide appearing in form of a young girl. If she's there, she's probably ust another one of the spirits needing your help.

We used to have a young spirit girl in my home, I think she was actuallly a baby my sister aborted as she looked so much like my own daughter, same hair.. but was a couple of years younger, so around the time when my sister had the abortion. I think it was my own young at the time daughter which drew her to our place. One christmas I caught this spirit child.. first time I'd seen her but my daughter had been seeing her for years and talking about her, looking into my daughters xmas sack at her presents we'd just brought home. I mistook the spirit for my own child as I walked past the doorway and only realised it wasnt my daughter when the child didnt respond to something I said as I walked past, so went into the room.. only to find her then gone and that my own daughter wasnt anywhere near that room.

i really appreciate your help, i am so lost and confused and have had many people tell me whats happening to me, all explanations are different, a neurologist told me im too old for night terrors and that i have a wire loose!! they also said that the terrors r caused by epilepsy, the put me on medication which made them so much worse, and i couldnt wake upself up out of them. They then changed their minds and said it was narcolepsy, and then sleep apnea. Seemed they were just taking blind stabs at it.

They WERE taking blind stabs at it. Not sure how they come up with sleep apnea thou!! That's way far off of being a possible reason to what you are experiencing.

hatterwest

Postby hatterwest » 31 Mar 2013 06:08

I have an app on my phone that records when im asleep so i can listen to what i do/say through the night. ive been recorded saying things like "it is not what it is showing you" im talking to my boyfriend, frantic and forcing for Ross to believe me and not, what ever it is i am referring to. I know i am talking.. and i am awake as i can remember it, but i cannot remember why i am saying these things. Other times i have said 'no, no. i cant help you tonight. im not feeling very well' and 'tell them not to touch me, tell them not to touch me and they will go away' others are just piercing screams, do you think these are just me sleep talking? or the only time i can 'communicate' is when im asleep and the logic part of my brain is off? i have all these in audio reccordings. plus more.

The other night i sat up and watched a super hero, like, Batman or similar walk through my room. I love super heroes. this made me happy lol.

I am constantly tired as i am not properly at rest even tho i am asleep, is there a way to say 'no' before i goto sleep so i can actually sleep? i do not know what it feels like to be well rested. Or is that something that just comes with time and experience

hatterwest

Postby hatterwest » 31 Mar 2013 06:14

my house is also built on old church grounds, just a church hall, not a cemetery.. as far as we know. when i first entertained the idea of seeing ghosts (when i was younger thats what i liked to think, they have always fascinated me, or the idea that spirits exist) i thought that would be the cause, but then things happened at other peoples houses, sometimes as a child i would be so scared at my friends houses that my parents would have to come and pick me up in the middle of the night. Thinking back, its all making a little more sense. Maybe the shadow man played tricks on me.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 31 Mar 2013 06:47

hatterwest wrote:I have an app on my phone that records when im asleep so i can listen to what i do/say through the night. ive been recorded saying things like "it is not what it is showing you" im talking to my boyfriend, frantic and forcing for Ross to believe me and not, what ever it is i am referring to. I know i am talking.. and i am awake as i can remember it, but i cannot remember why i am saying these things. Other times i have said 'no, no. i cant help you tonight. im not feeling very well' and 'tell them not to touch me, tell them not to touch me and they will go away' others are just piercing screams, do you think these are just me sleep talking? or the only time i can 'communicate' is when im asleep and the logic part of my brain is off? i have all these in audio reccordings. plus more.

The other night i sat up and watched a super hero, like, Batman or similar walk through my room. I love super heroes. this made me happy lol.

I am constantly tired as i am not properly at rest even tho i am asleep, is there a way to say 'no' before i goto sleep so i can actually sleep? i do not know what it feels like to be well rested. Or is that something that just comes with time and experience

Sitting up and watching Batman walk across your room.. sounds like a dream, it seems like you need to get to know when you are dreaming. If you are sleep walking.. its no surprise you are also sleep talking. My daughter who used to get night terrors (not the one who used to see spirits and auras but my other child), she was a terrible sleep walker, she also did sleep talking a lot. I could even talk to her while she was asleep and she'd answer my questions but if I asked anything too personal, it would then wake her up :lol:

You doing things in your sleep doesnt necessarily mean anything strange is going on... just typical sleep walking/night terrors etc stuff. I think you need to be careful not to be putting supernational causes onto stuff that isnt. Read the posts at this site and you will see that many people find LDs can be as real or even at times realer then real life feels. (as I said before.. its possible to go into one from a completely awake state without feeling like ones gone to sleep at all). If you are truely awake.. you would be able to interact normally with your boyfriend at the time and have clear conscious thoughts of your situation and whats going on. Learn to tell when you are dreaming and when you are truely awake, it would be near impossible to sort out if spirits are involved here or not till you get to know just how real sleep states can be and when you are really asleep.

Maybe start doing serious "reality checks" when you are having these experiences and think you are awake (but you need to do the reality checking in an open way and do it to seriously check if you are or not). There are many posts on this site on reality checks.

ahh you not knowing what it feels like to feel well rested... i can see now why the doctors may of been thinking "sleep apnea" for you, I'd really before wondered what had made then think that.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 21 Aug 2013 13:06

Sorry this reply comes a little late...

I completely understand that your experiences are NOT lucid dreams, false awakenings, nightmares, sleep paralysis, OBEs, or anything else internally-generated of that nature.

Your movements are real, in your real physical body, you are awake in the sense that you can see your real bedroom, and you are having waking hallucinations as your mind slowly exits the borderland sleepstate.

This is often accompanied by primal fear, arising in the reptilian ("lizard") brain. A lot of night terror sufferers wake up in the midst of a fight-or-flight response.

It is a stress response to underlying anxiety, that's what we need to address here.

I just published an article on dealing with night terrors, which I hope helps you:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/how-i-dealt-with-night-terrors.html

I'd love to hear your feedback...

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 15 Sep 2013 05:59

I recommend this good article about night terrors.
- Google -

"Night Terrors: Sometimes They Come Back - Dream Studies Portal - Ryan Hurd

Best Wishes

ESPer

Postby ESPer » 22 Sep 2013 22:21

[quote="taniaaust1"]

Spiders and astral parasites are very very common in the astral if one can see how negative emotional energy manifests ( eg Ive seen anger energy take on a spider form). Entities often appear as strange animals.[/quote]

I think these things happen when we're in some hybrid in between awake/asleep states of consciousness actually, as opposed to the astral. This seems to be when night terrors happen, and we get those intense vibrations. It's like a seam where 2 states of consciousness overlap, like wallpaper. When I'm in this state the experiences are invariably negative. And my opinion is that when people have night terrors this is precisely where they are.

It often feels like you're awake. The state must be like 1 click away from being awake. Elements in your surroundings (room) look as they would if awake... not a potted plant or chair out of place. You may even in fact be awake, but the mind hasn't completely caught up to the rest of us and entered this realm.

I mean I've seen all sorts of entities in the astral realm too, but when people speak of night terrors I believe this proverbial "seam" is where they were. It's like the onset of an OBE, but something is stopping you from having complete separation, and so you end up kinda between realms, realities, or what have you. Not a good place to be.
*Insert Clever Comment Here*

VingTsun

Postby VingTsun » 24 Sep 2013 13:53

IF you are having dreams about being suffocated YOU MAY SUFFER FROM SLEEP APNEA. This is a dangerous disease make sure you get it treated. usually they just give you a cpap machine that pumps air into you while u sleep, my father has one.
~VingTsun~
~Too many Lucid Dreams to count~

Return to “Sleep Disorders”