Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.

Postby Raeka » 15 Sep 2013 18:10

Hi guys... Not really sure where to start.
I'm Raeka, a 21-year-old college student and I've been lucid dreaming since I was five. Although I only gained full control over my dreams about six months ago. Anyways... I decided to join this forum because I got curious. None of my friends lucid dream and I don't really know much about it other than my own experiences for the past 16 years. I just wanted to get on and see what it is like for other people and what they are capable of.

PS, while I am an experienced lucid dreamer, I know next to nothing about the terminology. What is WILD?

Re: Hi

Postby tea » 16 Sep 2013 08:22

hi there!

WILD stands for Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming and it describes a technique where you stay awake while falling asleep - resulting in a smooth transition between waking life and the dream world. so you don't become lucid while dreaming ("hey, this is a dream!") but rather enter the dream with awareness.
you can read more about that here: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-induced-lucid-dreams.html

i find it awesome that you know about lucid dreaming and come here with your own experiences - in my opinion it's VERY important to have these kind of users on a forum, because that way new and different perspectives and advice can be spread.

would you like to share some of your greatest experiences/achievements?
also; take a look at this list and tell me whether you're interested in trying one (or more) of those goals.. maybe you have already done similar things? if you like you can also share your own ideas, i'll add them to the list! http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3462&p=16396#p16396

take care!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Postby IamSam7 » 16 Sep 2013 09:40

Yay. I'm not the only Newby on here. :D

Postby Raeka » 24 Sep 2013 12:50

Thanks for the welcome. I've never done WILD actively, although I normally gain awareness quickly in my dreams. I took a look at the list and it's kind of interesting. Especially the freezing time thing. I personally find that funny because freezing time is labeled as advanced, but it was one of the first things I figured out how to do. XD Not trying to brag though. There are a lot of things labeled as 'basic' that I haven't tried yet. On the other hand I've done things like walk on walls, walk/fly through clouds, going backward and forward through time, thinking with portals, etc.

As to what I would add to list: become the main character of your favorite movie/show/game. I LOVE doing this. It is a lot of fun and changing the events of the movie and games can be very interesting.

My greatest accomplishment would be rage quitting my own dream. I had a dream that I just could not get to work and in the end I summoned two dragons who burned the entire thing down. From there I created an entirely new dream from scratch and spent the rest of the night exploring and expanding the new world.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”