Having in dream problems...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
laurenichols

Having in dream problems...

Postby laurenichols » 16 Sep 2013 10:24

WARNING! I'm not good with words so this is LLLOONNGGG, but please read I need help/answers!

So, hopefully I put this in the right place. I lucid dream almost every night and not on purpose thats just the result of sleeping. I know enough to realize that is whats going on and know what I SHOULD be able to do so forth and so on. There are 2 main problems I am having. Then a third thing that is more of a question.

The first is in-dream: 99.99999% of my dreams of scary in some form or another (thats not the problem) however, once I realize that its lucid and I'm all "okay I've got this" the ONLY things I can control is my responses. I've tried focusing on different things and even different places and no go. Also, I should mention Its like watching myself 50% of the time. Like in a video game where you can switch between 1st and 3rd person, but you cant control it.

Second problem is when I'm back in reality (2 part question here!):
A: I know its easy to think it was super real and it still feel real etc. etc. I've had those to the point of apologizing to people "just in case" and explaining to them I'm probably being crazy. This is completely different. If I get injured in some way I can still feel the sensitivity and even pain in some instances up to days later. IE. A dream I had last night ended up with me getting some medical tests that involved cuts to my side wrist/hand area in dream I changed it to my hands and arms being completely numb so I couldn't feel the procedure then later in the dream that wore off but then it was just scratches I could feel. I STILL feel these cuts (which aren't real)

B: I can't wake up! Not in the "I cant wake myself out of the dream" problem I can do that. Once I'm firmly back in reality I.E. alarm clock/naturally done sleeping/somebody wakes me up I can't wake up. I may wake up enough to turn off the alarm or respond to somebody, but anything past a simple movement or my normal sleep wiggles and its not going to happen. I feel completely numb and can't move and even though I'm looking around and acknowledging everyday life in my mind dream world is still playing until I go back to sleep and finish whatever was going on. (This is even if I have gotten plenty of GOOD sleep)

Luckily I haven't had anywhere to go at a set time lately so that part B hasn't been too much of a problem...yet. But I would like to be able to actually get up when I'm ready.

Third: Before I fall asleep I feel every part of my body go completely numb, heavy, and not being able to move then feel myself go unconscious (same feeling like if you were to faint/pass out). Does anybody else experience this?

tea

Re: Having in dream problems...

Postby tea » 16 Sep 2013 11:39

the last part you mentioned sounds like normal sleep paralysis; http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/sleep-paralysis.html

as for the other points: i think we could go ahead and give you our ideas and thoughts, but it sounds to me as if you should go to a doctor. at least for that 'halfway walking up' part. (but please don't start taking loads of medicine, i think your issue is a mental one which can be solved without substances. but i'm no doctor)

about your lack of control: have you tried talking to your dream? maybe asking what's going wrong?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

laurenichols

Postby laurenichols » 16 Sep 2013 11:49

I have oddly enough. But it seems that things keep going on around me so if I don't think quickly enough by the time I've refocused something is happening. Like in movies where the main character is running away from something or in a war and they get side tracked next thing they know all hell has broken lose and they are no longer safe. However, I do find it odd that I can not only control my responses but do things out of the ordinary and are general lucid dream things.. my favorite is floating its actually calming. Its just EVERYTHING ELSE just keeps on going on.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Sep 2013 11:14

I personally from your post do not think you are mentally ill at all.

The part where you said you cant wake up properly, I do not believe it is sleep paralyses as you said you can turn off the alarm clock and if you were in sleep paralyses state, you just wouldnt be able to do that. I think that you are still half asleep and due to that you are still getting dream stuff come into things. (people with Narcolespy can be seeing dream stuff while awake, that's certainly not mental illness but from what you said it doesnt sound you have Narcolespy seeing you are just having that issue when you are waking up).

If I get injured in some way I can still feel the sensitivity and even pain in some instances up to days later. IE. A dream I had last night ended up with me getting some medical tests that involved cuts to my side wrist/hand area in dream I changed it to my hands and arms being completely numb so I couldn't feel the procedure then later in the dream that wore off but then it was just scratches I could feel. I STILL feel these cuts (which aren't real)

This happens when one has had astral damage happen, if one is very aware and hence sensitive to astral stuff one can then feel the damage even after one wakes up, damage may be there for days. There is ways to fix it so you wont feel it, you need to heal the damage in your aura. I'm going to send you a pm of a yogic technique to fix this and repair your aura when it happens.

Secondly I'd best tell you the following as you could have this occur seeing you are sensitive to things, it is possible not just to feel it but also have it manifest onto your physical body throu something called repercussion. eg I once got cut by a sword in a dream (actually I do think now it may of been an astral projection and a fight with an entity but I was unaware at the time it was..who knows.. maybe it was an obe or maybe it was a dream). When I woke up from this experience there was a big mark down my arm where the sword had cut me, my arm actually then swelled up from my wrist right to my elbow. I had a very swollen arm where the sword cut had been for many days. This is an example of repercussion.

A more common form is for people to wake up with bite marks from astral attracks or scratches (in places they could not have bit themselves). Ever heard of Stigmata http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmata . That is another example of repercussion onto the physical body which comes from what happens or is created in the astral impacting upon the physical body.

Note repercussion in general isnt common (more common in those who astrally project) but I know quite a few who have had this including myself (its usually only spoken about in advanced occultic books).

Anyway.. do take care if you are sensitive to these things, its what has happened in the aura which you are feeling. You have astral awareness. This is not at all a bad thing. If you run into issues with this stuff you can email me at tania.aust@outlook.com and I'll help where I can.

Third: Before I fall asleep I feel every part of my body go completely numb, heavy, and not being able to move then feel myself go unconscious (same feeling like if you were to faint/pass out). Does anybody else experience this?

This shows you have more awareness then most and that you are getting into the right state for an astral projection if you wanted to do that. (the AP point to do a willed AP is when the body is numb and heavy and not able to move, mind completely awake still before the subconciousness starts to come in so not a LD.. once the subconciousness enters the picture it is a lucid dream but if you get out before that its a completely aware AP without the dream stuff).

anyway.. I'll send you a pm on how to heal the aura damage you have happening from your experiences and are aware enough to be aware of.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”