Reality Checks Question

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Raeka

Reality Checks Question

Postby Raeka » 15 Sep 2013 18:26

I'm pretty new to this whole dream language stuff so please bear with me. I hear a lot of people talking about "reality checks" and how they use them to realize your dreaming. Now, I've been lucid dreaming for 16 years and never once performed this "reality check." For me, my dreams are always so out there that there is no way they could be real.

Basically my question is, are the dreams other people have more grounded in reality so that a "reality check" is necessary? What kinds of "reality checks" are there?

Kman43759

Re: Reality Checks Question

Postby Kman43759 » 15 Sep 2013 21:35

Well for me, before I started doing reality checks I'd never even bother to question whether I was dreaming in a dream no matter how CRAZY the dream was (most my normal dreams just make no sense) but now I do reality checks and I start doing it in my dreams
There is one where u look at your hands, there is one where u think of how u got here, there is one where u look at a clock and look away and then look back... Spinning a coin, testing physics etc

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 16 Sep 2013 20:42

Last edited by dreamerinmiami on 16 Sep 2013 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
What is your definition of reality?

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 16 Sep 2013 20:44

I started doing them when I got interested in lucid dreaming. When I started getting good at lucid dreams and had the idea of LD's in my head, reality checks seem unneccesary now because I get lucid without any of those. Theres one that I used to do where I would try to put my finger through the palm of my other hand throughout the day. One night I had a LD where I knew I was dreaming but still wanted to DO that reality check and it was so weird having my finger go through my hand :lol:
What is your definition of reality?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Sep 2013 00:36

For me, my dreams are always so out there that there is no way they could be real.

Basically my question is, are the dreams other people have more grounded in reality so that a "reality check" is necessary? What kinds of "reality checks" are there?

For you, you are spontanously doing this, naturally knowing a dream isnt real, for most thou that dont happen eg I can have a hurricane with eyes talking to me and have it not trigger me to know Im dreaming. The average dream mind thou just dont question the events in a dream. Obviously yours does question (thou may do it subconsciously) and hence you realise its a dream.

So no its not a case of others having dreams more grounded in reality. One reality checks to make the mind start questioning ones dreams so hence bring awareness that way.

A reality check can be to simply just look around and ask oneself "is there anything strange here which could indicate this is a dream?" or more active reality checks where a person tries to do something which one couldnt do in real life to see if it can happen.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Raeka

Postby Raeka » 24 Sep 2013 13:02

Okay, these seem to make sense. And omg, finger through head. I so want to try that now.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”