Is it true that when you have a lucid dream, you're not afra

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Creator

Is it true that when you have a lucid dream, you're not afra

Postby Creator » 10 Sep 2013 03:16

Is it true that when you have a lucid dream, you're not afraid of anything in it?

I'm sure if I ever saw a scary thing, I'd fucking wake up..

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

Creator

Re: Is it true that when you have a lucid dream, you're not

Postby Creator » 10 Sep 2013 03:22

Whoops, too much in a rush, didn't complete the title...

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 10 Sep 2013 04:36

I'm pretty sure there's something in the lucid dream world that could scare us. I'm a fearless daredevil in my lucid dreams. But there's things I can think of that would scare the crap out of me even if I was armed with all my game powers/weapons.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 10 Sep 2013 12:52

Of course you can still feel fear in lucid dreams. You'll be suprised by the messed up/freaky things your subconscious can present to you. But I definitely have a lot more courage facing these fears knowing it's only a dream.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 10 Sep 2013 14:41

You still get scared in a lucid dream. The good thing of lucid dreaming is that you can conquer it. And you know you did.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 19 Sep 2013 19:02

ive gotten scared in a couple lucid dreams. sometimes when we are losing control of the dream we start to feel scared. for instance, during lucid dreams, night time scares me. i guess it's the darkness that sets off some sort of mood that scares me. also, i was in a lucid dream and the wind picked me up and i was like a peice of paper, and i couldnt do anything, so i willed myself to wake up. the darkness though is what really scares me.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Sep 2013 12:28

Yes one can get scared in a LD. Its no different to how you may get scared by something in real life even if you knew it cant hurt you eg many people will have a fear of a huge big hairy spider which is actually harmless even thou they know its not poisonous! Fear isnt always a rational thing.

Thing is if you get scared, if you know its a dream you can then often change the situation or change the thing which is scaring you (I once changed a very scary red glowing eyed demon into an innocent young boy (or if you cant do that, you also have the choice of waking yourself up)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Imjustpork

Postby Imjustpork » 22 Sep 2013 01:46

To me it only happens when i lose control of a dream. For example, i was in a car with one of my friends, and *BOOM* i suddenly realized it was a dream and from that moment on everything went downhill since i had no idea what i was doing. I started hearing REALLY LOUD sirens, gunshots, and meteors started falling from the sky. I was trying to avoid them, but one hit the car, and then i woke up! It was TRULY terrifying.

:lol:

The good thing about lucid dreaming is that fear doesn't last very long, you are usually able to conquer the bad things if you don't wake up when it startles you :D

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 24 Sep 2013 22:11

In reality, I am the most sensitive, careful and afraid people out there. But in a lucid dream, I have never once been genuinely scared. I feel too powerful and free for that.
Well said.

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 24 Sep 2013 22:16

You can be scared of something in a lucid dream. It all depends on your mental state and what your subconscious decides to do.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”