Beginning of sleep paralysis?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
JackDaw

Beginning of sleep paralysis?

Postby JackDaw » 07 Sep 2013 16:19

Hello,

I've been at this for a couple of months now. So far I haven't had a lucid dream yet but the amounts of "regular" dreams I'm having has increased to like 2-3 dreams night (however some are still blank).

Every night before going to sleep I close my eyes and start taking long slow breaths. If I at the same time stay focused on a special body part I can kinda feel it.. disappear..? It's very hard to describe but it feels like an amount of energy is moving out of my foot (or whatever) and after a while of doing this it's a similair feeling to when your foot just feel asleep during the day.
I can do this for every part of my body but my feet and belly give the strongest sensation.

My question is if anybody else has experienced this?
What is it? And can I use this in someway to induce a lucid dream?

Thanks in advance for tha awesome answer guys! :)

tea

Re: Beginning of sleep paralysis?

Postby tea » 08 Sep 2013 20:43

does this happen as soon as you start going to bed, or does it take a while to occur?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

JackDaw

Postby JackDaw » 11 Sep 2013 21:46

It takes about 10-15 minutes until my whole body has the same sensation and I can start it when I want to as long as I'm relaxed. I can make it longer though if I want too. Problem is that if I take to long the body part that is "most out of this world" just kind of jumps all by itself and the feeling is gone and I have to start over.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Sep 2013 12:19

I dont know how you can use that sensation to cause a LD but that sensation can certainly aid astral projection. Once you have that strange sensation of your body disappearing, it is far easier to astrally project out from your body. The body or body parts I feel jerk when they are starting to astrally loosen up eg a body part may astrally move, a person can sometimes be aware of this moment but then suddenly jerk back into alignment of your physical body.

I suggest once you loose your body feel, try to imagine yourself standing 6 foot from your bed in like first person, keep your focus on what it would be like to be standing from that spot and perceiving all around you from that spot or think of yourself actually doing a summersault or rolling from your physical body (dont just think but allow yourself to do it astrally)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”