First Lucid Experience

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dylan101

First Lucid Experience

Postby dylan101 » 20 Dec 2011 08:22

YYYYYYYYeeeeeeessssssssss.
oh my god iwas so happy and especially that it happened on my first night back.

I was on a pyramid and i kept saying that i swear i have been here before. Eventually it clicked that i had had this dream before and i screamed out 'Im Dreaming". Everything went into focus and it was so clear. I was actually thinking real thoughts. The first thing i remembered was dream stability. I thought about rubbing my hands together but it was too late. I was sort of sinking and disappearing. Then i woke up.

Awwww it was so cool. Hopeflly i can have more experiences like this just a bit longer.

lucidinthe sky

Re: First Lucid Experience

Postby lucidinthe sky » 20 Dec 2011 22:07

Congratulations! Lucid dreams are an incredible experience, even when they are just for a short time. I had the same experience getting super-excited my first time and ran around telling everyone in the dream until I woke up which was soon after.

From that experience it felt like it the whole thing was really fragile and it would be a lot of effort to stabilize it. But that wasn't the case with my latest one yesterday, which lasted I think around 10 minutes. It was no effort at all to keep from waking. It was totally unbelievably fantastic!, I just still can't get over it. The hardest part for me was convincing myself that I was actually dreaming it was perfectly real. I juts couldn't believe the experience. Good luck with your next LD and my advice would be to try to tell yourself ahead of time that you will not get excited. It may not work, but it's worth a try.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

dylan101

Postby dylan101 » 24 Dec 2011 04:07

Thanks for the reply, it was really an amazing couple of seconds. But I don't think I woke up from excitement but for some other reason. I haven't had another ld since but that's no reason to quit so hopefully I hav another one soon.

Happy Christmas, Dylan.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Dec 2011 05:03

Don't worry, there's more where that came from. Every night is another opportunity.

For me, the biggest hurdle was the first one. After that, 2 more came within a week and lots of close calls. Just keep at it and don't try too hard, it's easy to do that!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”