Garbage dream recall :/

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Kman43759

Garbage dream recall :/

Postby Kman43759 » 18 Sep 2013 22:00

Ive had 2-3 lucid dreams but I dont remember ANY of them... so I tried the dream journal thing but that didnt work cause im to lazy to write anything when i get up cause im REALLY tired, so is there any other way I can improve my recall? And could you please explain why a Dream journal helps? Im kinda confused about that
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

DreamyRoamer

Re: Garbage dream recall :/

Postby DreamyRoamer » 19 Sep 2013 17:44

Well, I don't know if this helps, but I'm usually too tired to write like you. Here is what I do, It may be pointless, but whatever it works for me!

I imagine I'm talking to someone and just explain the whole thing. I go through everything that happened a few times before I get up. To put it in a nutshell, I tell myself or imaginary person everything that happened from start to end. Go through it all. Good luck ;)
It was on the day before the day after yesterday.

tea

Postby tea » 19 Sep 2013 19:27

DreamyRoamer wrote:Here is what I do, It may be pointless, but whatever it works for me!

that's actually really good advice and not pointless at all!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

DreamyRoamer

Postby DreamyRoamer » 19 Sep 2013 20:03

tea wrote:that's actually really good advice and not pointless at all!

Thanks! ^^ Good to know it sounds helpful.
It was on the day before the day after yesterday.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Sep 2013 08:00

I always replay my dreams in my head, and even as Dreamy Roamer said, have a mock conversation about it afterward. I pretend I am wording it for others to hear as if I was going to write it right here on this very site in the 'Share Your Dreams' subforums. Most of my dreams are long and boring, even for me. But every now and then, I just HAVE to write it down, or even share them on this site!

I've become lazy with my dream journaling, and it can become very labour-intensive. But it's great to be diligent for at least a month and then read them and analyze them and you will see patterns and trends.

But to boost dream recall, you don't need a journal. All you have to do is replay it back in your head afterward and you'll remember it all day. Even if you only remember a speck of the dream or pieces, try to put it together like a puzzle and you'll get better all the time. Then once you know your dreams so well, you will realize the common dream signs and lucid dreaming comes naturally.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Sep 2013 10:26

Dream journaling can help one have LDs as it helps to signal to the subconciousness that your dreams are being quite important to you, if you feel too lazy to write your dreams down that is sending things a bad message.

It also does improve dream recall as often when one starts to write a dream down, even when one doesnt remember it well, often in doing so parts of the dream which you may of forgot can sometimes be remembered.

I my case replaying a dream in my head will often have me loose it as I'll be tired and often just then drift back to sleep while trying to remember it, I actually need to start writing if I want to remember and not forget and not just fall back to sleep.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 20 Sep 2013 17:04

After reading Taniaust1's post I need to add a little more to my own.

I always write my dreams down in note form on a piece of paper beside my bed before going back to sleep. If I don't, the dream tends to get erased and copied over by a newer fresher one. If I try to remember the dream as I am falling asleep, I sometimes start to add details that never happened and I snap out of it and realize I was starting to drift into a dream state again. So writing it down requires a more awake mental state, so it is more accurate and I do tend to remember more details that way.

Then I take those notes and write them down on a word processor. But sometimes 5 words of notes can become 500! I once spent all day, taking breaks and going back to writing, and in the end I wrote 4047 words! It's hard to do that every day, so that's what I mean by being too lazy.

But jotting down a few notes and then going back to sleep helps a lot, and is a great thing to do when you Wake Back To Bed because you'll have dreams fresh on your mind and it is likely you will realize it in your next dream and DILD.

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 21 Sep 2013 08:21

If you're too lazy to get up and write anything try this, it's what I do:

Have a notebook open by your bedside (also put a pen on your notebook, preferably without lid on in case you were to forget to take off lid)

When you wake up, grab notebook and pen and write. Just scribble down some key words, one word for the setting, any names of people in the dream, just keep it basic and short.

Then put notebook back and fall back to sleep or rest until you're no longer lazy. After a while if you want read over your notes and rewrite them in more detail, the key words you wrote earlier will help to jog your memory.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 21 Sep 2013 17:00

Last night I didn't write any dreams down and just kept falling back to sleep.
Now I only remember about 2 dreams and not in their entirety, and a few flashes of events that I can't place into context.

So I don't care who you are or how much experience you think you have, writing them down in note form before going back to sleep is the best way, and in my case, perhaps the ONLY way to remember a full night of dreams.

Tonight I will write them down and I bet there will be a HUGE difference in my dream recall.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 21 Sep 2013 19:28

I also don't write my dreams down, and do it during the day. OK pulling your leg. I got my self a voice recorder and record most of my dreams on waking up, I have a bladder problem and wake up at least 5 times ,and always with the last dream lingering. Even with the recorder I miss dreams I do to no recall. I get up which I must in order not to wet the bed, and the dream is gone. My flying dreams I can usually get back. For me the recorder is a great help. :)

Return to “For Beginners”