Having been killed in dreams

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Cris_MO

Having been killed in dreams

Postby Cris_MO » 29 Aug 2013 11:35

When I was about 18 years old (a long time ago), I had dreams on (I think) consecutive nights.

Dream 1: I was in my living room of my home when someone came barging in through the front door and unloaded a six shooter into my body. I immediately found myself in a state of limbo, kind of like floating in a sea of jello, not unlike what one would see in a sci-fi movie where a body is suspended in some kind of glass tank filled with some kind of gelatinous substance. I woke up after being there for I'm not sure how long.

Dream 2: I was in my living room of my home in the same place as in the previous dream when someone came barging in through the front door and slit my throat. I immediately found myself in the same state of limbo as before. I stayed there about the same amount of time as before.

Much later in years.
Dream 3: I was running away from what I don't know in an unidentified city. I looked back and saw someone shooting at me with a pistol. I felt the bullet go into the left side of my back about kidney level, go a certain distance, stop for a second, as thought something was impeding its progress, then continue on until it stopped. I woke up at that point.

I have been killed violently in a number of other dreams over the years, although I don't recall the details. I can think of nothing psychological that would induce such violent dreams.

I also remember falling in a number of dreams until one time I actually hit bottom. I don't believe I've had a falling dream since then, although I could be wrong.

I did have a waking dream one night where all of a sudden I felt myself being propelled backwards (I was lying on my back) at a fantastic speed. It scared the beejeebies out of me until I called out for help from higher powers, at which point whatever was happening came to an immediate halt.

I sometimes wish I hadn't been so scared and wished I had ridden out the "storm", so to speak.

mikeg313

Re: Having been killed in dreams

Postby mikeg313 » 30 Aug 2013 06:14

I too, have had dreams of falling and hitting the ground, I even get the taste like when someone hits you in the nose.

Also have died several times but wake up like i was sucked out of the dream state.

Some of my dreams seem to be like simulators. Like having sex in dream state before i ever did, driving when I was about 11 before i really did, etc. So maybe I was seeing what would happen if i jumped of a high building, how would it feel.

In a way it may be your fear that you are playing out , getting killed at home in your living room.
Mine seem to be robbed. My bikes and junk are stored in a washroom and I keep dreaming that thieves cleaned it out. My fear is that thieves will take all my family bikes.

Cris_MO

Postby Cris_MO » 31 Aug 2013 06:17

Thanks, Mike, for sharing.

Not sure I can identify with being sucked out of the dream state—waking, yes; sucking, not so much. :D

Funny you should mention driving dreams when you were 11. I can only remember one driving dream I had at a young age, not sure how old. It seemed rather comfortable to be driving, though.

I don't recollect I'd ever had sex in a dream before I actually had it. And the times I did have sex in my dreams, they never went to fulfillment. Must have been my moral education kicking in. :D

I've only had one dejà vu experience. I can still remember where I was when I had it, although I'm not able to relieve the feelings of the experience of having it.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "simulator" dreams, unless you mean experiencing things in dreams that you never experienced until much later.

I would think if you fell off a high building, you might probably feel more than the effects of a bloody nose, although I'm thinking whatever it is you'd feel wouldn't last for more than a half second. :D

I'm thinking the two violent deaths in my dreams had more to do with the two characters I met in the three lucid dreams I had, which were all spontaneous—I just knew I was dreaming—and not MILD or WILD or any of that stuff.

I don't think I had the kinds of fears at age 17 or 18 that would tend toward nasty people bursting into my home and killing me violently. I was very naive about such things.

If you'd be interested in reading of those three experiences, I wrote about them in Share Your Lucid Dreams/Lucid Dreams Aren't All What They're Cracked up to Be.

ESPer

Postby ESPer » 22 Sep 2013 02:01

I recall 2 instances of dying in dreams. In the first one I was in the house I grew up in again, in my bedroom, looking out the window. I saw a UFO land in a nearby field and put up a sort of energy shield around it. From this shield then it unleashed a weapon that shot out 360 degrees in all directions. I ran out the front door of the house and down the street, away from it, but quickly released how futile it was. I saw a wall of fire coming down the street just engulfing everything, like the scene in Independence Day, and just gave up and stood there like: "I'm screwed" I could feel the blast nail me and it jarred me awake.

In the other one I was wearing a robe, dressed like a Priest, with a staff, walking with 3-4 others like me across a bridge. I looked to the left and saw what looked like a mushroom cloud from a nuclear bomb on an island across a body of water from us. I could feel the life leaving my body, my hearing & vision failing me, accompanied by heavy vibrations, as things turned black. When I died there I woke up here.

And I get the feeling that when we die here the same happens.
*Insert Clever Comment Here*

Raeka

Postby Raeka » 24 Sep 2013 12:57

Honestly, these types of dreams are what drove me to lucid dreaming in the first place. Unfortunately, even earliest dreams started off with me, my family, or my friends dying in horrible ways on a nightly basis. I lived with that for years and it got to the point where I was scared to go to sleep for fear of what might happen. This changed once I learned to lucid dream. But if I ever let my guard down in a dream, I return to these horrible nightmares. Basically, I HAVE to lucid dream or else I'll end up with situations like you are describing.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Sep 2013 07:09

Ive never had a dream where Ive actually died in the dream, the fear of about to die always wakes me up.

I had a dream in which I was pulled over the top of a cliff face only a few weeks ago and then was horribly falling to my death, I woke up before I could hit the bottom.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”