Having very weak and foggy LD's

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Shibby30

Having very weak and foggy LD's

Postby Shibby30 » 20 Sep 2013 02:26

Just like last year when I gave up, I'm beginning to have lucid dreams maybe once or twice a weak, but they're always foggy and weak and I'm partially identified with the dream still. I don't seem to feel that great euphoria of being in the dream very often and my dreams don't seem to be very vivid or emotional. My dreams rarely have much emotional content as it is. So they're like a foggy movie playing, even when I become lucid. I tend to sleep well with a blacked out room and have no trouble there. Although I usually have an LD on my third REM cycle when I'm about 1-2 hours from getting up and am not 100% in a deep sleep like the previous cycles.
My strategies are dream journaling and reality checking. I also say an affirmation of my intent while going to sleep, such as "I"m going to remember/have vivid dreams" or "I'll soon be dreaming and I'm going to know I'm dreaming" or something like that. The hands thing has never worked and I don't seem to have any rhyme or reason for becoming lucid. I just suddenly realize like an insight that slaps me, that I'm dreaming. I never notice specific dream signs, it always just spontaneously happens.

Am I not doing enough or something. Or does it take time for the process to deepen?
theinnerroad.blogspot.com

HAGART

Re: Having very weak and foggy LD's

Postby HAGART » 20 Sep 2013 07:43

You're lucid dreaming, but you are still not fully alert.
I get those too. But when I stop everything I'm doing and realize I don't have to go along with the 'plot' of the dream, it changes it a lot. I like to announce my name (reminds me I am separate from the dream), and then declare that I have a body. I look down, rub my hands on my chest or even do jumping jacks. (that gives me more presence). It's like giving yourself a wake-up call or a good slap in the face to snap out of the dream-stooper. Then I usually declare, "I have a purpose...." Then I have to think, what was it anyway that I was planning to do in this lucid dream. (It's hard to remember, but that helps).

Everyone has their own techniques, but the key is to wake up FULLY in the dream, without actually waking up.

I get those weak LD's too, and am only semi-lucid and sometimes I just direct it like a movie director, but am not aware of my true self and am not 'in it' fully and a part of it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Sep 2013 10:31

I agree with what HAGART said and he/she gave great advice, sounds like you may be lucid dreaming but only a little awake, you need to work on waking yourself up more during the dream. If you dont work on this, it may not necessarily improve. Many dont have this issue but some people do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 21 Sep 2013 02:14

Great, I'll try that. One time when I felt I was unable to sustain lucidity a dream character literally held my hand in his hands to keep me in it.

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 22 Sep 2013 14:08

I think I was kind of slopping through MILD and WILD attempts. It was truly beginning to work last year when I was going through the steps of each method.

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 28 Sep 2013 21:09

I think my frustrations are also because I usually am not much of a dreamer. Although it's strange because I have had brief lucid dreams since childhood, but when I don't work at it, I usually forget 99% of my dreams and they are rarely emotional or vivid.

So I think I need to give it time so that can lay the foundation of being a dreamer. This really begins to occur when I make the effort to work with a dream journal and affirm my intention to remember and have vivid dreams.

Creator

Postby Creator » 29 Sep 2013 02:32

Why don't we combine those elements?
Jump up and down, rub you hands, feel your feet touching the ground of your dreamscape, and yell “Clairty now” see if the dream will weave into focus.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 30 Sep 2013 00:28

I had a lucid dream last night, and I immedietly began to touch everything around me to stabilize the dream. I also looked in a mirror and I had a very coherent reflection. I'm just beginning to do things actively in my LD's it seems.

Return to “For Beginners”