Breathing Underwater

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.

Breathing Underwater

Postby AngelDreams » 02 May 2011 21:31

I had a dream not that long ago where I was underwater, I think I started out on a ship or something but, ended up under water. It was very clear and I don't think I was alone. I was stressing out because I knew I couldn't hold my breath for much longer. Then I took my first breath and tried to hold it in, did the same thing on my second breath and then the third breath I thought to myself I can breath underwater. Anyone else able to breath underwater?

Re: Breathing Underwater

Postby Marlowe » 02 May 2011 23:45

Yeah I had a dream a while back where I was swimming in this vivid sea and I could breathe underwater. Honestly, when I first plunged underwater I didn't think to myself "Oh, I'm swimming in water I better hold my breathe," I just did it. Just keep reminding yourself that it's a dream and that you can do anything.

(Thinking back on it, the reason I probably forgot about breathing in the first place is because I was chasing this hot mermaid :P)

Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 03 May 2011 12:54

I find the best way to breathe underwater is just to see through it as if it's air.....

Sometimes I've tried to breathe underwater as a reality check - big mistake! LoL. I just coughed and spluttered; my dreaming mind didn't like that. I wasn't really lucid enough to try it. :roll:

Postby maya » 12 May 2011 15:44

Rebecca wrote:I find the best way to breathe underwater is just to see through it as if it's air.....

I LIKE :mrgreen:

Postby Jonathan » 12 May 2011 21:27

Ya know, I don't think I have any experience with water in any of my dreams, except for one dream where there was a big storm and lots of flooding... but even then I never touched the water.

I need to experiment with this! :mrgreen:

Postby Lucidity » 22 May 2011 03:50

Yes, I love breathing underwater in my dreams! But I always need something to make it seem more real xD I generally make myself a mermaid, which is really fun, but kinda dorky at the same time lol :geek:

Reality check now...Am I dreaming?

Postby dreamingthelife » 22 May 2011 05:39

when I realised I was lucid I found myself on some docks, I was going to try and fly but then decided I'd just dive into the water and go as deep as possible, I went to dive in but as I hit the water I sprung back out like the water was made of rubber jello pulsing tv screens
I was a bit bummed out I couldn't go in so I just paddled about in the sky

I assume we should be able to breath underwater in dreams, it's like if you block your nose in a dream you should still be able to breath through it (?)

Postby domitomi7 » 19 Sep 2011 21:26

Dont renember how but, I had few dreams in same world.
It was a beach and a big slope.
Got my swimming suit and started swimming.
After some time I was like:
Same with flying.
Started running down the slope,and I jumped.
I was like: I belive I can flyyyy.
Imagined that,and 2 sec later, I was flying!

Postby Dannydaninja » 25 Jul 2012 09:58

I don't think I've had a dream where I haven't been able to breathe underwater :D

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 05 Aug 2012 17:45

My best and longest lucid dream was swimming in a swimming pool and breathing underwater which was completely natural. I spent the whole time in the dream evaluating everything from the color of the water to the sensations of moving my hands through it, making mental notes, comparing it to real life swimming experiences. It was so real and I thought about every detail of the experience during the dream, even about what my body was doing in bed. The breathing underwater was something else I was aware of, which was really strange because the water looked and felt exactly like real water.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”