Anyone Use Calea Zacatechichi?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
AegmosTrip

Re: Anyone Use Calea Zacatechichi?

Postby AegmosTrip » 25 Dec 2011 02:12

Hi,I am new to this site,and found this site thru another dream moods website.
I had read about REBECCA recommending Calea zacatechichi and found the link to the IAM SHAMAN shop.
I had ordered some,and it shipped in,but have been very ~~~LEERY~~~ about putting this into my body,
and just wanted some "informed opinions" from some folks here on this website,such as,
Is this really safe to take?
Reason I am put off is because:
After reading the disclaimer on the IAM SHAMAN shop website where they tell us:
NOT intended for human consumption
AND
"what may work ok for some people,may make another person terribly ill".
Based on these statements,should I really feel GREAT about trusting this supplier,or the integrity of this
product?
Just wanted an HONEST opinion from REBECCA or anyone else who has ordered and used the
Calea zacatechichi 10:1 Gelcaps made directly by Gaia's Delight's NATURAL PRODUCTS
(that's what it says on the packet it came in)
Thank you for your honest opinion.

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 31 Dec 2011 11:14

Just woke up from trying it, and boy was it a doozy!

Okay, I will tell of my experience. I bought the supplement after reading from this board and fuguired...oh, what the heck, I will try it. Admitedly I was little nervous about actually taking one of the gel tablets,(I decided against taking two) wondering if I might be the one in 8 million whose deadly allergic to it (it didn't say anything about that, I was just paranoid) I take it anyway. It seems to take a long time to fall asleep, and I don't realize it until much much later that I had a false awakening.

I "get up" to ivestigate a light coming from down stairs, and the tv is one (is it Ironic that I was re-watching Flatliners before bed?) and I can't turn it off. I decide that something fishy is going on, but do not become lucid, just passively accepting of the fact I can't turn off the tv, and I head back up stairs where I discover a couple of brooms. I try to lean them against the wall, as they were just on the floor before, but they are floaty, and won't stay put. I still am not totally lucid, but again...I am like...well, okay, they're not co-operating right now, maybe later. I am so tired anyway, I will go to bed and deal with the tv and the brooms later.

Now I had a very very long, and eventually fully dream, but the part I that was most striking is what I want to mention here. SOmetime during the dreams I feel like I've had this exact dream before. Now ordinarly I never dream the same dream twice, but I do have lots and lots of recurring themes, but never recurring dreams. I also realize, even though I forget what's supposed to happen, that I don't want to go through with it, but now that I am aware that this is a dream I can change something.

I look through a broken window that slowly mends itself before my eyes.

The next thing I recall is being outside. I am a young child looking for feathers, and off in the distance I hear a funny twanging sound. I ignore it at first, and it seems to be getting louder and closer. I am feeling just a tad worried about that sound. What IS it? I keep gathering the weird feathers from the ground, trying to imagine what bird it came from, when I see something out of the corner of my eye up in the air. I look and see a flying figure.

It looks like a man with wings, and carrying a bow, and shooting arrows, but when he releases the arrow it turns into multiple arrows, and they fly out. The figure actually could also be female, as it could go either way, and reminded me of a Hindu god, as that's the sort of face it has, but it's not really firing arrows AT me, I just happen to be in the path while it is shooting arrows. It's face never really changes, and I could see it's face quite clearly. It never looked angry.

In the dream I can fly, too, and take off, trying to avoid the arrows. And there were a lot of them, more and more each time, until it was like a rian of arrows. The arrows look gold. I finally give up and lie on my stomach on a feild of yellow grass, and surrender to the hail of arrows. The flying god comes back and shoots more arrows the other way, and several hit me in the back.

The dream goes on, but that's all I will write here.

To say the least that was quite a dream. I felt it was highly significant, though not actually strange by my standards. My dreams are very typically populated with strange creatrues and are often violent, but this dream felt quite different. Upon awakening I seem to recall there is a Hindu god that shoots a whole lot of arrows, and I mean to go do some research on them later today.

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 31 Dec 2011 11:17

AegmosTrip wrote:Hi,I am new to this site,and found this site thru another dream moods website.
I had read about REBECCA recommending Calea zacatechichi and found the link to the IAM SHAMAN shop.
I had ordered some,and it shipped in,but have been very ~~~LEERY~~~ about putting this into my body,
and just wanted some "informed opinions" from some folks here on this website,such as,
AND
Based on these statements,should I really feel GREAT about trusting this supplier,or the integrity of this
product?
Just wanted an HONEST opinion from REBECCA or anyone else who has ordered and used the
Calea zacatechichi 10:1 Gelcaps made directly by Gaia's Delight's NATURAL PRODUCTS

WHOA! I didn't see any of those warnings!!!! Glad I was not negatively affected by it. Had I seen those warnings I would not have tried it. But I guess I am among those it works great for. I will however restrict it to ONE gel tab and only once a week, if that often. See my report below.

SydTheCat

Postby SydTheCat » 03 Jan 2012 10:50

Where does it say "NOT for human consumption"? The only warning I see says
" These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. "

AegmosTrip

Postby AegmosTrip » 05 Jan 2012 05:35

Right here
http://www.iamshaman.com/absfaq/afmmain.aspx

Question / Issue
Why So Strict About "No Consumption"?

Answer / Solution

As a provider of many products not yet approved by the FDA, and as a provider of some products listed as poisons by the FDA, we are required, by law, to adhere to certain guidelines. One of these guidelines is that we are not allowed to offer advice for our products, so please don't press us for information. Also, any requests with any reference, direct or indirect, to any substances that are illegal, will be immediately discarded, and you will then be placed on our internal blacklist and prevented from ordering anything from our website.

So, with that, we are sorry, but we can only offer you this:

Our products are made with extremely exacting standards and the utmost care is taken in producing them. Everything we sell is just as nature intended; organically grown or wildcrafted, without the use of harsh chemicals or pesticides that could lessen germination rates of seeds, and alter the preservation of the plants in their pure state. Any extracts are made from organic grain alcohol or distilled water under strictly controlled conditions. Plant identification is done by seasoned professionals, and any plant material is purchased only from suppliers who have been in business for a number of years.

That being said, we do not sell many items on our site for human consumption, and you must consider many of the items on our website are poisonous. The items we do not sell for human consumption are clearly marked as such and if you state that you have consumed, plan to consume, or witnessed someone consume a poisonous non-consumable, you will be breaking our Terms & Conditions. We do not sell to any customer who we suspect might ingest substances clearly marked as non-consumable or poisonous on our website.

Also, please don't ask us about traditional use of any of our products; we cannot answer such questions either, partly because we don't claim that any of our historical information as factual, and do not want to inadvertently mislead anyone in any way with inaccurate information. We are also not doctors, and could never offer advice on any of our herbal products, especially when it comes to how or if they interact with any other product, edible or inedible.

As stated everywhere on our website and in our Terms & Conditions that all customers agree to when making a purchase:

"Buyer understands that all Seller's products are offered for herbarium specimen, for collection, as incense, for smudging, scientific research, and/or ornamental display purposes only and that these products are not intended for human consumption. Buyer understands that Seller's products are not meant to be introduced into the bodily system of Buyer or any other living organism whether it be through injection, oral consumption, inhalation of smoke/hot vapors, sublingual/transdermal absorption and/or rectal placement. Buyer agrees to not take any of Sellers instructional statements for use of any product on the human body literally and that all instructions and statements pertaining to the effects of products on the human body contained on Sellers web site are made for their informational and educational value only. Buyer agrees to not rely upon Seller for the instruction of proper use or selection of any product provided by Seller. Seller in no way intends for the Buyer to introduce into the bodily system any product being sold on Sellers web site."

OR

Direct Link to This FAQ
http://www.iamshaman.com/absfaq/?f=19

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 29 Jan 2012 07:39

AegmosTrip wrote:Hi,I am new to this site,and found this site thru another dream moods website.
AND
product?

It's a legal disclaimer - so they can never be sued.

When you run your own business, you learn to cover your ass or could one day find a disgruntled customer suing you for everything you've got.

I have to do the same thing with my website, and I don't sell any kind of herbs or supplements, I only give away information. Even so, without my disclaimer (http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/disclaimer.html) someone could potentially sue me for making them having bad dreams that cause their mental breakdown!

So - naturally - I'm not going to say that this product is 100% safe for you to take. Neither are the manufacturers. I hope you understand why now.

Incidentally, they say you should consult your doctor before taking any new vitamin or supplement. That's a disclaimer to cover the times when someone might experience a side effect such as nausea, rash, etc, etc. Anything you ingest can cause a chemical reaction in your body. I think it is OTT to suggest a herbal pill could kill you, but then again I'm not doctor and I can't take any responsibility for the herbs you do or don't take.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 29 Jan 2012 07:42

Gooeymaw - thank you for sharing, your dream sounded amazing and very typical (if there is such a thing) of a Calea Z experience! :D

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 29 Jan 2012 10:51

Gooeymaw your chances of getting bumped off were certainly greater than 1 in 8 million, even the anesthesia you're given before surgery has a 1/4,000 chance of killing one. People every year kill themselves by eating roasted apple seeds (extremely poisonous because laced with cyanide). People also kill themselves every year by mixing bleach with ammonia and creating chlorine gas. The chance of doing something dumb and killing oneself are pretty over the course of a life time.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 29 Jan 2012 16:11

I never heard of people eatting roasted apple seeds.

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Jan 2012 05:46

nectarine seeds are full of cyanide - but 4 fresh seed centres wont kill you - well they didnt kill me when I tried them a few years back :lol:
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”