[WILD] How EXACLTY Do You Keep Consciousness While Your Body

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Creator

[WILD] How EXACLTY Do You Keep Consciousness While Your Body

Postby Creator » 14 Sep 2013 23:42

How EXACLTY Do You Keep Consciousness While Your Body Falls Asleep During WILD?

I read that WILD tutorial 30 times, on that WOLD site, but it doesn't state how exactly to keep your mind conscious... How do you do that? Like exactly, 100%. This is the last thing I need to acknowledge then I'll be ready. :) Then I can actually becomd, a creator. xD Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

HAGART

Re: [WILD] How EXACLTY Do You Keep Consciousness While Your

Postby HAGART » 15 Sep 2013 02:00

Good question.
I don't know.
Maybe it's a revelation to you: YOU DON'T NEED TO WILD.
You can lucid dream without the WILD and have plenty of DILDs. (Become lucid within a dream).

That's what I do.

(WILD is the 'holy grail' of lucid dreaming. But it is not the be-all and end-all and DILD's can be very enthralling and cathartic. Don't discredit them).

You always end up in the same place and state of mind either way you get there.

I don't know the answer, but I wonder what others will say.....
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Creator

Postby Creator » 15 Sep 2013 04:33

HAGART wrote:Good question.
I don't know.
Maybe it's a revelation to you: YOU DON'T NEED TO WILD.
You can lucid dream without the WILD and have plenty of DILDs. (Become lucid within a dream).

That's what I do.

(WILD is the 'holy grail' of lucid dreaming. But it is not the be-all and end-all and DILD's can be very enthralling and cathartic. Don't discredit them).

You always end up in the same place and state of mind either way you get there.

I don't know the answer, but I wonder what others will say.....

It's the technique I choose to do.

Creator

Postby Creator » 16 Sep 2013 20:42

Also: I attempted the WILD tonight, I didn't even see any colours with my eyes closed... Should I try the technique with my eyes opened??? It seems like it'd be easier for me, because I actually saw colours....

Anyway, I closed my eyes, waiting for the dreamlets and colours, so I said "I will stay aware.." and all of a sudden, I wake up, and it's time for school, like nothing happened, I didn't remember seeing colours, or hallucinations, or dreamlets.. But I remembered a dream, about a basketball.

Anyway, screw that, should I try this with my eyes opened? It doesn't distract me, and I think it's easier.

Oh, and I need to know how to stay aware during the transitioning..

Creator

Postby Creator » 16 Sep 2013 20:45

Really need a reply...

DreamyRoamer

Postby DreamyRoamer » 17 Sep 2013 18:47

Creator wrote:Also: I attempted the WILD tonight, I didn't even see any colours with my eyes closed... Should I try the technique with my eyes opened??? It seems like it'd be easier for me, because I actually saw colours....

I'm trying WILD as well, as I used to do this as a child but slowly forgotten the technique. I just read about it recently and remembered everything. So here is what I can tell you from my experience as a child.

The colours. In daylight I would just focus on the very middle of my eye-lids. Staring for ages and ages, soon it would come. Then after a long long time of focusing on each blob I would picture floating through a tunnel/portal and then next I opened my eyes and I was dreaming!

I tried this a lot but I am unable of doing this any more. Here is what I do. Try in a very dark room, just shut your eyes and focus. Sometimes just imagining the blobs works! Try not to open your eyes, and remember, it comes in many different forms. Last night I saw lots of patterns!

I am also a person who stays up extremely late :3 This seems to really trigger the colours. I went to sleep at 9 PM last night and it was really hard to concentrate, even go to sleep. When I got to bed at 11 PM -1 AM, I see the colours so much easier. I don't know if the colours of the blobs means anything, but I tend to see Purple all the time.

But any thing you find easy is up to you. Just try your best at doing a WILD!
It was on the day before the day after yesterday.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Sep 2013 00:28

Creator wrote:How EXACLTY Do You Keep Consciousness While Your Body Falls Asleep During WILD?

I read that WILD tutorial 30 times, on that WOLD site, but it doesn't state how exactly to keep your mind conscious... How do you do that? Like exactly, 100%. This is the last thing I need to acknowledge then I'll be ready. :) Then I can actually becomd, a creator. xD Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!

You can keep your mind conscious and hence keep awareness of who you really are and of the physical reality by going to sleep while keeping your attention upon your physical body (or constantly bringing your attention back to it, checking in with this reality one could say). That way when you do fall asleep, you wont loose your lucidity at all and should smoothly transition straight into the LD. You may even observe yourself as having two bodies at once while the transition is taking place, the physical one and the LD or dream one. It can also cause the senses to be split into two different places while the transition into the LD is taking place too.

A couple of ways to keep focus on the physical body and not "forget" about it, is by observing your breathing as you are going to sleep. I like to do chanting as I go to sleep with the breath, I'll chant with my breath till I are far too tired to do it anymore and at that point will stop and usually go straight into a WILD within minutes (if one didnt fall asleep and go into a WILD while doing it).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Sep 2013 03:22

HAGART wrote:Good question.
I don't know.

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say.

I have been struggling with WILD for more than a week now, determined to have one. Whatever you have to do, I actually did it this morning and went straight from consciousness into a dream, after a lot of effort and failures :( Really, whatever method you use is fine as long as it gets you there. BUT... I also have to say there is no experience comparable to WILD. Yes, it takes an incredible amount of effort for me, brute force, sheer will power, luck of the draw, whatever. It's worth it. No question about that. When it happens, it's worth whatever you did to make it happen. I've had WILDs where it was like walking through a curtain right into the dream while completely conscious. You just can't beat that experience. It really is the HOLY GRAIL of lucid dreaming, I agree with that. There's nothing against other methods, I use them all. I am glad that WILD isn't the only method, just because it is very difficult. And yes, DILD is just fine you get to the same place in the end.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Sep 2013 04:14

Whenever I WILD it is after a lucid dream and I stay calm and then follow through with it and sometimes the way you get into the dream is far more interesting than what happens afterward. I have many stories in my dream journal, but they are all comparable to everyone else's.

But I still don't do it at will from a fully awake state. Sometimes I try, I get lost in irrational thought, and although I do lose consciousness I tend to become lucid in the dream almost immediately. It's worth trying, but there are some other 'luck factors' involved that escape my understanding. Some days are easier than others for some reason.

But with WILDs you have no need to stablize it, and you have all your sense of self, and other senses of perception without even trying and they are far more vivid aren't they?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Sep 2013 04:18

HAGART wrote:Whenever I WILD it is by accident and it is most often after a lucid dream and I remain calm and then enter a new one.

I just can't do it at the onset of sleep at night.

I don't think anyone can. For me it usually only happens when the sun has already started coming up."

HAGART wrote:So there is a little luck involved and you have to be in the right frame of mind, which is something I am only in when in a hypnopompic state after sleep and I don't fully awaken.

Yes a lot of luck and a lot of whatever (still trying to figure out what that is)

HAGART wrote:But it certainly leads to the most incredible lucid dreams. You don't even have to try to stablize it, or anything. They are far more realistic and I have all my sense of mind and logical reasoning in them. And in turn my other senses too.

I think the main reason for this is that you are getting into the dream at the very beginning which is a huge advantage. My experience is that the longer the dreams have gone on, the less stable they are. They are only good for a certain amount of time and that's it. "The clock is ticking" as they say.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”