Can Lucid dreaming cause OBE's??

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Kman43759

Can Lucid dreaming cause OBE's??

Postby Kman43759 » 22 Sep 2013 23:38

I have lucid dreams (not very often but...) and I recently heard that they can cause OBE's (I dunno if I believe there is such thing as OBE's) which can cause near death experiences or something weird but I don't think I believe in this stuff but I just wanted to ask if LD's can cause OBE's which can cause Near death experiences cause I'm paranoid about anything I don't know about even though I don't believe in it because I don't see why it'd be necessary for the human body to kill itself as a repercussion for something
Sooooo ya that'd be helpful if you could answer this

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

lucidinthe sky

Re: Can Lucid dreaming cause OBE's??

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Sep 2013 04:39

I just had one this morning. Keep in mind it's an "out-of-body experience". That's the key. It's something that you experience, but of course you are actually still inside your body. It's quite an incredible experience and definitely nothing to be afraid of. It can be a bit disorienting which I have a difficult time handling. From what I've read, OBEs are similar to NDEs but OBEs don't cause NDEs. You are not near death when you have an OBE.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Sep 2013 04:54

Yea, out of body, and near death are two different things.
I have never had a NDE, but I know what it's like to become lucid while in bed and simply get up and walk away. I usually don't look back at the bed, but sometimes I do and see a body, but it is just a dream. I personally don't think I am truly out of body and it is just an illusion.

I don't get scared, and neither should you. (If you have plenty of lucid dreams prior to it, you'll realize there is nothing to be afraid of.) Stick with DILDs for now and maybe one day it will happen, but you will be experienced by then and knowledgeable. And you will no longer fear it.

But to answer your question: Can Lucid Dreaming Cause OBE's? YES, they can. (or at least the sense of being out of body) But they are nothing to be afraid of, and in fact, I look forward to them! :D

No NDE's to worry about.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Sep 2013 09:43

Many who have a NBE are having an OBE at the same time as they usually astrally disconnect from the phyiscal body some and can actually start interacting with another plane. But those who have OBEs dont have NDEs except when they are actually close to death. OBE doesnt bring anyone closer to death!!

As far as can LD cause OBEs... they can for some as the relaxation state to trigger off a LD esp is one is doing a WILD can take one closer to an OBE state too as deep relaxation is needed for both these things.

Once you are experiencing your dream body thou (your subconciousness manifesting) most will not at all become aware of what their astral body is actually doing and many astral experiences at this point can actually be someone just dreaming they are having one rather then really having one as ones subconciousness can be impacting on your feeling and thoughts, (just like as if you took drugs that would be interacting upon your experience and your waking thought process may not be always able to define reality from your own thought stuff).

Dreaming comes from an auric layer called the mental body which is created from ones thought energy both subconscious and conscious.. with OBEs that happens with ones astral body (not a dream plane you are creating). Just like your physical body is the one you have physical experiences in.. these things all take place in different frequencies (or bodies one could say) of yourself, they are all separate things thou there can be some overlap there just like there can be overlap in physical reality too eg you can "daydream" eg brief dreams while awake. One can be OBE but then go to sleep and start dreaming but at that point one gets disconnected from having awareness of (experiencing) the astral body and instead from there are experiencing from the subconciousness and if lucid also waking consciousness some too.

OBEs are not something to worry about and many who do LD never experience an OBE as other then them both needing relaxation, different states are involved (and besides, everyone goes out of body during the night .. usually astrally hanging around in their bedroom astrally asleep while dreaming but are not aware of being astral (OBE), it isnt someting to be scared about).

I suggest not to worry. NDE isnt something to worry about unless you are having some surgery in which you are likely to die on the operating table!! and if on the unlikely chance you do have an OBE instead of an LD, its unlikely to give you any issues anyway. People probably have more scary LDs then they do OBES (which the most common beginners one is just finding oneself floating in ones bedroom).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Kman43759

Postby Kman43759 » 23 Sep 2013 21:53

This helped so much!!! Thankyou!

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Return to “For Beginners”