[WILD] How EXACLTY Do You Keep Consciousness While Your Body

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
HAGART

Re: [WILD] How EXACLTY Do You Keep Consciousness While Your

Postby HAGART » 23 Sep 2013 04:33

IF anyone is confused about the quotes not being in my message, I was in the middle of changing my post, thinking I didn't word it right when Lucid In the Sky responded. ( I always read what I write and try to change it, but I should of just left it the way it was).

Anyway, I stand by what I said.

In a DILD I need to reconfirm who I am and 'awaken' my senses including my sense of self identity which can sometimes be lost in the amnesia of dreams. But with a WILD, it's already there from the get go! But exactly HOW I do it is still a mystery which is why I don't coach beginners on the subject. I myself still don't know. But I think experience and brain plasticity is probably the cause. Just like learning to play piano. (Something I don't do and languages aren't my thing and neither are sports... but for some reason.... lucid dreaming comes naturally). (I still get dry spells sometimes, but I still consider myself a lucid dreamer, and I can't explain HOW to do it).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Sep 2013 04:56

HAGART wrote:IF anyone is confused about the quotes not being in my message, I was in the middle of changing my post, thinking I didn't word it right when Lucid In the Sky responded. ( I always read what I write and try to change it, but I should of just left it the way it was).
Anyway, I stand by what I said.

I kind of figured that when I reread your message.

HAGART wrote:In a DILD I need to reconfirm who I am and 'awaken' my senses including my sense of self identity which can sometimes be lost in the amnesia of dreams.

That's not exactly easy either.

HAGART wrote: But with a WILD, it's already there from the get go! But exactly HOW I do it is still a mystery which is why I don't coach beginners on the subject. I myself still don't know. But I think experience and brain plasticity is probably the cause. Just like learning to play piano. (Something I don't do and languages aren't my thing and neither are sports... but for some reason.... lucid dreaming comes naturally). (I still get dry spells sometimes, but I still consider myself a lucid dreamer, and I can't explain HOW to do it).

When I was trying to WILD this morning I was thinking to myself "I can't remember how to do it. How DO you do it? Hmmmm, how did I do it last time?" The answer was "I don't know. I don't think I ever really knew how to do it! Maybe that's why I can't remember! But then, "O.K. Just do it"! The only thing I know is that I was completely determined to succeed, more than times where I failed. I really think it's 90% will power and 10% technique.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Sep 2013 11:48

HAGART wrote: But with WILDs you have no need to stablize it, and you have all your sense of self, and other senses of perception without even trying and they are far more vivid aren't they?

I find with WILD I need to stabilise those far more as thou I do have my self of self from the start the issue is that I are not stabilised into the dream at first. I often need to pull myself into it and there can also be the split senses thing happening to. That's the hardest thing I find about WILD is how much I need to stabilise myself into the dream to be able to keep myself there as at first Im in the WILD so so lightly and still trying to disconnect from my physical body.

but for me, when I have a LD from a dream (wake up lucid during a dream) in those I dont tend to need to stabilise at all as Im already in the dream deeply.

As to WILDs being more vivid, I often dont find that the case at first when I first enter into one, my deep LDs are usuallly very vivid...

In response to another comment here. I find I can do WILDs at any time of the day or night. But as HAGART said, sometimes its harder then other times, there are lots of factors which come into play here from ones level of tiredness .. too tired I sometimes find bad for WILD, to quite possibly what stage the moon is in (just before a full moon I find WILD easier to do, a month ago right before the full moon, I had three I think it was 3 nights straight, very easily).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Sep 2013 12:02

lucidinthe sky wrote:
When I was trying to WILD this morning I was thinking to myself "I can't remember how to do it. How DO you do it? Hmmmm, how did I do it last time?" The answer was "I don't know. I don't think I ever really knew how to do it! Maybe that's why I can't remember! But then, "O.K. Just do it"! The only thing I know is that I was completely determined to succeed, more than times where I failed. I really think it's 90% will power and 10% technique.

Ive found the more Ive done it, the more Ive learnt about the technique and Im getting better and better at pulling myself into a LD once I get to the right state, its really a lot about mental state and learning what that state you need is and just how to take your brain there.

Sometimes one just thou does find oneself getting into another just as deep state instead (I find if Ive gone into the astral projection state, I cant lucid dream easily from there (as the OBE state I find is refreshing and energising to me, is stimulating, so instead of my brain shutting down some, it gains more awareness) so only can OBE at that point.. maybe this is happening to others too but they arent realising it? ). For an OBE one doesnt need ones subconciousness to be letting go and one can be hyperalert or not close to subconscious drifting (dreaming).

Sometimes the dreaming comes naturally but other times OBE is more natural for my body. Things are not always the same.

Im finding the getting into these states, to be just as interesting as once one is in there, Im learning new things even with the failed experiences.

I shared on another post but I'll share it here too. 2-3 nights ago I was trying to LD and thou I'd been heading to that state and could feel the shift into it started to come in (I wasnt there but could feel I was heading on the right track for it), something thou in my brain then had switched and that oncoming state (its a different state of consciousness) had dropped out and instead in a different brain state, I went into hyperaware, very awake mode thou I could hardly feel my body on the bed still.

I kept trying to LD in this very awake/aware state (but body itself as relaxed as possibly could be) but after an hour could see I was never going to LD in that state (I was getting very occassional dream snippet for brief moments but they just wouldnt progress.. no more meaning then extremely brief daydreams one gets doing the day when up and awake and they were coming in few and far between, no progress. I was getting no closer at all to an LD). I thou knew I was in the correct state for an OBE with being relaxed enough for it, so decided at that point to try that (rather then trying to let go and fall into a WILD dream).

I spent 10 mins trying to get out of body without luck so thought I'd try something to loosen my astral body instead, so tried to cartwheel in my body. That worked and I cartwheeled, my astral head was at my physical feet and visa versa. I stupidly continued doing the cartwheel till my astral body was lined up with my physical body again and my astral body then locked back into place (I gave up at that point as I'd been at things for 90mins but I did learn a lot from the above experience)...

1/ From an OBE state, I find it very hard to LD from that state cause Im energised in that state and have increased awareness. Its far better for me if Im in an OBE state to stop trying to LD eg to stop trying to relax into a dream and instead try to astrally project myself out.
2/ I should of gone in the direction my head was in once my head was where my feet was visa versa, to project myself away from my body rather then continue a cartwheel which caused me to be lined up with my physical body again

anyway.. failures can be just as interesting as the successes. Each one builds me up to know what I should and shouldnt do and how to go about things better.

Teraku

Postby Teraku » 24 Sep 2013 22:19

Creator wrote:It's the technique I choose to do.

You can choose a technique, but that doesn't mean it'll work. WILD is one of the hardest techniques to pull off. If you really can't get it to work, I suggest another method.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Sep 2013 06:33

Teraku wrote:
Creator wrote:It's the technique I choose to do.

You can choose a technique, but that doesn't mean it'll work. WILD is one of the hardest techniques to pull off. If you really can't get it to work, I suggest another method.

I dont think its the hardest technique for "everyone". Some have more luck with WILD then they have had with other techniques. Just cause you may find it hard may not necessarily mean another will find it to be the hardest.

If one goes into any technique thinking its the "hardest" , that will affect what you are trying to do eg make a person give up quicker or not believe they can do it in the first place, so may stop them from being able to do.

radicaldreamer

Postby radicaldreamer » 09 Oct 2013 11:49

When I want much more control of my dreams, I make myself sleep when I'm not feeling tired. For me it only takes about two or three minutes if it's quiet.

1. I lay on my back with my head tilted up and back to the left, as to clear my breathing passage as much as possible with my throat relaxed.

2. I make a conscious placement of the position of my arms and legs for my nap. Sometimes it's good to have your legs off the end of your bed, if you're comfortable in doing that. It makes me feel more grounded in place and gives a feeling of existence in the dream... I think.

3. I listen to my breathing

4. I think about sleep and dreaming of whatever I want to dream about, or a question I want an answer to. If I'm alone I might even say out loud once or twice, my intentions for my dream.

5. And usually I watch the residual light behind my eyelids as it rotates counter-clockwise (or which ever direction is comfortable for you)

Oh another thing. You know that feeling you get in the back of your throat/neck right before a yawn? I don't know if it makes a difference, but I sometimes induce that feeling every few inward breaths without yawning, while listening to my breathing.

Mist

Postby Mist » 05 Nov 2013 03:46

My first LD was a WILD totally on accident. I woke up with colicky stomach pain because of my ulcerative colitis. I remained up for about 40 minutes before I felt well enough to go back to bed but I was still in pain. I guess that probably kept my consciousness awake and that goes hand in hand with the focus on your body thing.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Nov 2013 05:29

I feel sorry for your chronic condition.
But I think you're on to something. Awareness of body as you drift to sleep tends to work. You stay grounded in reality a slight bit and remember who you are when you dream. That is the key.

I hope you get better and/or it's not every night you get this.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Mist

Postby Mist » 05 Nov 2013 14:14

HAGART wrote:I feel sorry for your chronic condition.
But I think you're on to something. Awareness of body as you drift to sleep tends to work. You stay grounded in reality a slight bit and remember who you are when you dream. That is the key.

I hope you get better and/or it's not every night you get this.

Nah only during bad flares is it common for me to wake up at night. Otherwise it's unusual. As for getting better I've tried a lot of dietary changes with mixed results but there's still a lot more to try too :)

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”