Help me prolong Lucid Dreams

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
VingTsun

Help me prolong Lucid Dreams

Postby VingTsun » 23 Sep 2013 17:08

I have had countless lucid dreams in my life. But they never seem to last more than a minute or two. I'll share one (out of four) that i had last night after reading posts on this forum for 6 hours.

I was driving with a car with my mother step father and littel bor and sis in the car. i had a pillow behind my head in the car and my little sister pushed it in my field of view almost killing us. She proceeded to balme it on her sinuses and i got so mad i drove the car unintentionally off a bridge, on the way down my stepfather says "Good Game" and starts laughing, at which point i realize im dreaming. When i realize im dreaming i can freeze everything and change where i am or my entire dream all together. So i froze, and changed my dream, i am not driving across the bridge alone. I realize im lucid so i pull the car over (crash it really). Rather suddenly i am in a small house at the top of the stairs, two women who look like maids cleaning walk out of the room i am in and a Tie-Dye Ferret / fox thing :/ Is standing beside me on two legs. it has very big mouth and menacing teeth/grin but i do a reality check by looking at my hands. They are a little distorted but i demand clarity and they snap into focus. I rub my hands together gently telling myself Im dreaming. I really do my best to stay calm and i tell the Fox to "Lead the way". He begins walking down the stairs but he is slowing positioning himself to my rear as we walk down the stairs which begins making me nervous so i grab him by the collar and toss him down the stairs. He turns around to look at me and changed to a orange/yellow color, he is now on all fours. I proceed to say, if you are evil i will kill you and prepare to conjure up a fire ball, but before i the chance it leaps and attaches itself to my neck (strangely with no pain, i usually experience pain in my dreams). i close my eyes for a second and open them to be at the top of the stairs where i started. To the right of the stairs is a black cat very odd and menacing looking. I hold a fist out and demand the cat joins me. I feel like i don't have completely control over the cat to i demand so i hold both my hands tightly clenching them into fists and demand louder that the cats joins me it begins to glow a different color and i wake up.

I have tried many things in the past to prolong these dreams but they never last long enough for anything profound to happen. Among the things ive tried are staying calm, rubbing my hands, spinning in circles and demanding clarity. all seem to work but they prolong the dream for only abour 3 seconds :( ! ! !

Any advice would be much appreciated
~VingTsun~
~Too many Lucid Dreams to count~

taniaaust1

Re: Help me prolong Lucid Dreams

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Sep 2013 07:02

i tell the Fox to "Lead the way". He begins walking down the stairs but he is slowing positioning himself to my rear as we walk down the stairs which begins making me nervous so i grab him by the collar and toss him down the stairs.

:lol: poor tied-dyed foxy thing.

As far as loosing your dream goes, can you feel it getting weaker or lighter before you loose it? or do you just suddenly loose it without warning?

staying calm, rubbing my hands, spinning in circles and demanding clarity.

Those things dont work at all for me in prolonging a dream thou rubbing my hands can prolong it slightly (seconds).

What I do now which Ive found does really help me prolong a dream, is that I bring my ex into my dream and have him touch me (he tends to want to get sexual with me). As soon as Ive stabilised my dream well with him doing that (if its sexual touch take care not to go too far as that could make you loose it), I then just walk off and continue on doing whatever I was. Sometimes I'll bring him more then once into a dream to further prolong it if I start getting close to loosing it again. So I suggest you try to bring into your dream someone you have some kind of deep connection to to interact with you and help keep you in the dream.

You could also consider learning WILD or practicing getting straight back into a lost dream. Its always a good idea if you loose a dream to lay still and try to go back into it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 29 Sep 2013 12:42

VingTsun wrote:I have had countless lucid dreams in my life. But they never seem to last more than a minute or two. I'll share one (out of four) that i had last night after reading posts on this forum for 6 hours.

I was driving with a car with my mother step father and littel bor and sis in the car. i had a pillow behind my head in the car and my little sister pushed it in my field of view almost killing us. She proceeded to balme it on her sinuses and i got so mad i drove the car unintentionally off a bridge, on the way down my stepfather says "Good Game" and starts laughing, at which point i realize im dreaming. When i realize im dreaming i can freeze everything and change where i am or my entire dream all together. So i froze, and changed my dream, i am not driving across the bridge alone. I realize im lucid so i pull the car over (crash it really). Rather suddenly i am in a small house at the top of the stairs, two women who look like maids cleaning walk out of the room i am in and a Tie-Dye Ferret / fox thing :/ Is standing beside me on two legs. it has very big mouth and menacing teeth/grin but i do a reality check by looking at my hands. They are a little distorted but i demand clarity and they snap into focus. I rub my hands together gently telling myself Im dreaming. I really do my best to stay calm and i tell the Fox to "Lead the way". He begins walking down the stairs but he is slowing positioning himself to my rear as we walk down the stairs which begins making me nervous so i grab him by the collar and toss him down the stairs. He turns around to look at me and changed to a orange/yellow color, he is now on all fours. I proceed to say, if you are evil i will kill you and prepare to conjure up a fire ball, but before i the chance it leaps and attaches itself to my neck (strangely with no pain, i usually experience pain in my dreams). i close my eyes for a second and open them to be at the top of the stairs where i started. To the right of the stairs is a black cat very odd and menacing looking. I hold a fist out and demand the cat joins me. I feel like i don't have completely control over the cat to i demand so i hold both my hands tightly clenching them into fists and demand louder that the cats joins me it begins to glow a different color and i wake up.

I have tried many things in the past to prolong these dreams but they never last long enough for anything profound to happen. Among the things ive tried are staying calm, rubbing my hands, spinning in circles and demanding clarity. all seem to work but they prolong the dream for only abour 3 seconds :( ! ! !

Any advice would be much appreciated

I have the same exact problem brother. Taniust gave some good advice, it's too complicated for someone of my level to try, but it might work great for you.

Also, though ill tell you my breakthrough with this problem, we are too busy just trying to go and do something!

Take a couple a minutes and do nothing but stabilize the dream with your hands, yes it only lasts 3 seconds, but then every 3 seconds you look back at your hands. It's a struggle, but if you keep up with it I find that it becomes more and more useful. 3 seconds soon becomes a minute, and then it's a lot easier to keep the dream going.

I even reccomend taking a lucid dream to do absolutely nothing but look around, it sounds boring, but it's more fun then you think. I like to sit back and admire all the little details of life perfectly recreated for me to do whatever in!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

VingTsun

Postby VingTsun » 30 Sep 2013 15:27

Thank you both of you, YES i do feel the dream slipping away, and i am also very familiar with WILD. I can get back into my dream alot after waking up but it is no longer lucid most of the time. I had a dream last night where i started lucid did a reality check and immediately forgot i was dreaming after i had 6 fingers. i realized i was dreaming again and i jumped off the neared bridge and while i was falling everything came into focus so well and my dream lasted much longer. Sexual experiences in dreams are way too intense for me. the second we start getting frisky i get incredibly over stimulated.

The second i start lucid dreaming i take in my surroundings and appreciate every detail immensely. but i never get to explore my surroundings.
~VingTsun~
~Too many Lucid Dreams to count~

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”