WILD OBE floating to the ceiling

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

WILD OBE floating to the ceiling

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Sep 2013 15:53

Had a really wonderful WILD OBE with great visuals. After hours in bed trying to do WILD I suddenly realized I was levitating in the bedroom and felt my body slowly rising up. It feels so real and believable, I don't even realize that it's a dream. My dream body feels so incredibly good when it floats around, so free and special feeling. My first thoughts are always "I knew this was possible to do, and this proves it can be done! I've got to get someone to see it." Then I knew it was a dream. I floated up to the ceiling in the room and just looked at my hands, moving them around and watching them for several minutes. They looked surprisingly normal and had all the fingers, lines on the palms etc. The quality of the visuals was really good and everything seemed to have a glow and sparkle to it, especially the white ceiling which appeared to have a million tiny sparkling stars embedded into its surface. It also seemed to have a semi-translucent quality to it. I felt the rough surface but could only do so with the back of my hand. Then I decided to try to push my hand through and for the first time I was able to push my hand through a "solid" object. It was the most bizarre feeling, almost like my hand was being ground up in some kind of machinery. I watched it disappear into the ceiling and it freaked me out which made me wake up. All in all it was a great experience though, can't wait for the next!

I find really difficult to deal with the experience of being outside of your physical body, sort of like being in two places at once and also of being two separate entities existing simultaneously. The whole thing seems so real even though you know it's just an illusion. It will take me more experience to get used to the disorientation and still trying to wrap my head around it so to say.
Last edited by lucidinthe sky on 22 Sep 2013 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Kman43759

Re: WILD OBE floating to the ceiling

Postby Kman43759 » 22 Sep 2013 23:47

Can OBE's give you near death experiences or something?and why does it?

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Sep 2013 11:07

That sounds like a quite classical OBE rather then a dream.

I find with OBES as symbolism isnt usually coming into them like as it does with dreams, when one looks at ones hand and counts fingers one will usually see the hands as they are in real life (unless one is having a formless OBE or created a form from the formless OBE state).

If you place a card upright on the top of your wardrobe without looking at it, you may find you can actually go and read what that card is when out of body (and then check and see if you are correct once you are back to your physical body). That can help distingish between that what you are doing is really real and that you are experiencing a real reality rather then one your mind is making up eg a dream.

Then I decided to try to push my hand through and for the first time I was able to push my hand through a "solid" object. It was the most bizarre feeling,

It does feel bizarre :) . I think putting ones hand throu a wall is one of the most common astral projection things most try. I still have trouble walking throu walls (I find it a bit unsettling the feeling of the wall around me as I go to go throu, so rather walk throu doorways. I used to get stuck in bedroom as I didnt like to walk throu walls).

I had an almost OBE 2-3 nights ago (I havent had one for a while as Ive been focused for some time now on LD). I was trying to WILD but thou I got extremely relaxed (to the point where I could hardly feel my body at all on the bed), thou at one point I was getting towards the right state for a WILD I lost it and then I couldnt get my mind into the right state to start "dreaming" (couldnt get my subconsciousness to come in), so knowing that I was relaxed enough for an OBE (I could feel I was in the right state for that) but not in the right state for an LD (not close to a dreaming state), I gave up on having a LD and instead decided to astrally project.

To try to loosen up my astral body I did like a cartwheel while in my physical body so my astral head was at my feet and my astral feet were at my real head, thing was with the cartwheel I should of thought to stop and shoot myself out at the direction to which my head was once I was up side down in my physical body but instead I continued doing the cartwheel and once my astral body head got to my physical head again, my astral body "locked" down into my physical one again. I gave up at that point but I was an interesting experience as during that 90mins I was wanting to do something.. I got to clearly feel the two different states for the two different things (LD and AP) and they came across very distinct, more distinct to me then they usually do. I clearly could tell what state I was in to be able to do what, I could tell when I was "heading towards" the dream state and when I was in the other very relaxed state. (its like the mind was different, one the mind intense and completely awake and aware (like a hyperaware state, when the other is a loosening mind state).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Sep 2013 18:48

taniaaust1 wrote:That sounds like a quite classical OBE rather then a dream.

I find with OBES as symbolism isnt usually coming into them like as it does with dreams, when one looks at ones hand and counts fingers one will usually see the hands as they are in real life (unless one is having a formless OBE or created a form from the formless OBE state).

It definitely seemed more "real" than any dream, at least as real as waking life. That was really the first time my hands ever looked that close to real life. It's really interesting how the solid objects had this semi-translucent quality, even my hands. I studied them for quite a while. My hands looked very much 3 dimensional and detailed, but you could almost see through them some of time. They didn't really seem to be completely solid. I always wonder if this has to do with our speed or frequency as some would say.

taniaaust1 wrote:If you place a card upright on the top of your wardrobe without looking at it, you may find you can actually go and read what that card is when out of body (and then check and see if you are correct once you are back to your physical body). That can help distingish between that what you are doing is really real and that you are experiencing a real reality rather then one your mind is making up eg a dream.

I've never experienced that, but it wouldn't hurt to attempt it. The problem for me was that I was stuck at the ceiling level and unfortunately, bailed out of the experience because it was too disorienting. This happens to me fairly often, but I'm trying not to beat myself up about it though I cut a perfectly good opportunity short and ones that good don't come around too often. Of course the real solution is to get better at making them happen.

taniaaust1 wrote:It does feel bizarre :) . I think putting ones hand throu a wall is one of the most common astral projection things most try. I still have trouble walking throu walls (I find it a bit unsettling the feeling of the wall around me as I go to go throu, so rather walk throu doorways. I used to get stuck in bedroom as I didnt like to walk throu walls).

Putting my hand through the ceiling hurt a little but mostly just felt really weird and that combined with watching my hand disappear was too crazy.

taniaaust1 wrote:I had an almost OBE 2-3 nights ago (I havent had one for a while as Ive been focused for some time now on LD). I was trying to WILD but thou I got extremely relaxed (to the point where I could hardly feel my body at all on the bed), thou at one point I was getting towards the right state for a WILD I lost it and then I couldnt get my mind into the right state to start "dreaming" (couldnt get my subconsciousness to come in), so knowing that I was relaxed enough for an OBE (I could feel I was in the right state for that) but not in the right state for an LD (not close to a dreaming state), I gave up on having a LD and instead decided to astrally project.

To try to loosen up my astral body I did like a cartwheel while in my physical body so my astral head was at my feet and my astral feet were at my real head, thing was with the cartwheel I should of thought to stop and shoot myself out at the direction to which my head was once I was up side down in my physical body but instead I continued doing the cartwheel and once my astral body head got to my physical head again, my astral body "locked" down into my physical one again. I gave up at that point but I was an interesting experience as during that 90mins I was wanting to do something.. I got to clearly feel the two different states for the two different things (LD and AP) and they came across very distinct, more distinct to me then they usually do. I clearly could tell what state I was in to be able to do what, I could tell when I was "heading towards" the dream state and when I was in the other very relaxed state. (its like the mind was different, one the mind intense and completely awake and aware (like a hyperaware state, when the other is a loosening mind state).

I haven't learned to control my body movements like that yet, but this time I really had the state of mind to think about what was happening. As my body began to float upward, it felt SO familiar, much more so than I have ever thought about or noticed. It was as if I had done a million times and it felt so natural and so normal. My thoughts were like "of course this works, I do it all of the time." That was the most interesting thing that I came away.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Sep 2013 00:35

taniaaust1 wrote:If you place a card upright on the top of your wardrobe without looking at it, you may find you can actually go and read what that card is when out of body (and then check and see if you are correct once you are back to your physical body).

I thought of this before and I will start doing that. I will shuffle a deck of cards and place them near my bed. If/when I ever have an OBE-type lucid dream, I will look at the top and bottom card and see if any of them are the same as when I see them in waking life in my physical body later. It's a good scientific approach to prove or disprove whether there is something to this 'remote viewing' phenomenon. (Well actually it doesn't disprove it, but if it does work it will certainly convince me.)

To Lucid in the Sky: I've floated around too and it's fun. I simply rise to the ceiling and when I reach it, it is solid and I once felt my nose press in against my face. Then I get pulled sideways by a mysterious force and reach the wall and it is solid too. What I usually do is take control and stand up and then walk with my own free will, but there's nothing wrong with just floating around for a while and it's a fun experience.

And I know what you mean by the 'sparkles'. I've noticed this in other lucid dreams too. A white wall is not white. There are usually many colors swirling around as if you have an after imagine on your retinas. (You can do this in waking life too. Stare at the center of something colorful for about 30 seconds and then stare at a white piece of paper. You will see an after image. Or another fun one is to stare out the window on a sunny day at a fixed point for 30 seconds and then close your eyes and cover them to make it pitch black. After a few seconds a black and white image will develop like a polaroid camera. Some of my lucid dream WILDs start as a black and white image just like that.)

And carpets and wall paper with intricate designs can appear to be moving or animated. (It really is like a psychedelic trip sometimes, and our minds play tricks.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Sep 2013 19:58

I actually tried to look at a deck of cards I placed in my room last night in a lucid dream. I went to sleep and started to float, and sink and get pulled around. I had my eyes closed but could feel it. Then visuals came and I knew it was a dream since I was in an amalgamation of several houses I once lived in and the dream started in the living room, and it was nothing like an OBE. I went to my room anyway and was surprised to find the deck of card there despite the room being completely different. I checked the cards and they morphed into different ones right before my eyes. 8 of clubs became the 9 of clubs and then a queen of clubs. When I checked afterward in the morning it was a diamond. (I also realized that when I did go to sleep and WILD it was so easy because I was already in a False Awakening in my bed when it happened and didn't know it at the time).

But I see the flaw with my experiment. If I can lift the card and see what it is, it is obviously a dream. I need to place the card, or any object facing away from me so I can see it from a different angle without needing to touch it or manipulate it. And then do it when I have an OBE type lucid dream that starts right from my bed. If I am remote viewing I shouldn't be able to move any of the physical objects I see.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Sep 2013 02:56

HAGART wrote:I actually tried to look at a deck of cards I placed in my room last night in a lucid dream. I went to sleep and started to float, and sink and get pulled around. I had my eyes closed but could feel it. Then visuals came and I knew it was a dream since I was in an amalgamation of several houses I once lived in and the dream started in the living room, and it was nothing like an OBE. I went to my room anyway and was surprised to find the deck of card there despite the room being completely different. I checked the cards and they morphed into different ones right before my eyes. 8 of clubs became the 9 of clubs and then a queen of clubs. When I checked afterward in the morning it was a diamond. (I also realized that when I did go to sleep and WILD it was so easy because I was already in a False Awakening in my bed when it happened and didn't know it at the time).

But I see the flaw with my experiment. If I can lift the card and see what it is, it is obviously a dream. I need to place the card, or any object facing away from me so I can see it from a different angle without needing to touch it or manipulate it. And then do it when I have an OBE type lucid dream that starts right from my bed. If I am remote viewing I shouldn't be able to move any of the physical objects I see.

It's great that you got to try it, I still find it hard to have the presence of mind to act on these kinds of challenges such as what's in your pocket, etc. I'm going to start trying to pre-program myself for such things.

As for the experiment itself, I'm having a hard time understanding it. Being a bit of a skeptic about "astral projection" in general I'm wondering, can you just read things or actually physically interact IE: flipping the card over? Whatever abilities are required to do this, I would think that it would take significantly higher level of ability to actually interact with the physical world (of course even reading something is interacting isn't it?) I would have taken your approach and left the card turned up so you could see it without having to physically turn it over. Maybe both are possible, but I would still think it easier to just read it. But then I was thinking, can you read it in the dark or should you have a small light on? I'm not trying to be difficult just having a lot of questions about the experiment and what people think is possible.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Sep 2013 05:40

Your other post further confirmed to me that this was more likely to be an OBE.. the fact you also could feel the wall "inside your hand" as you put your hand throu supports this too. The wall is energy, your hand is energy so there is the merging which happens as the hand pases throu. This is something those who are just dreaming a dream are unlikely to dream..most people trying to imagine pushing a hand throu a wall just think of the wall as only being pushed apart for the hand to pass and not the hand and wall ending up existing in the same space.

HAGART.. made me smile to read you got your nose flattened into the ceiling. Ive bumped my nose against the ceiling before and squashed it against there too.

HAGART wrote:I actually tried to look at a deck of cards I placed in my room last night in a lucid dream. I went to sleep and started to float, and sink and get pulled around. I had my eyes closed but could feel it. Then visuals came and I knew it was a dream since I was in an amalgamation of several houses I once lived in and the dream started in the living room, and it was nothing like an OBE. I went to my room anyway and was surprised to find the deck of card there despite the room being completely different. I checked the cards and they morphed into different ones right before my eyes. 8 of clubs became the 9 of clubs and then a queen of clubs. When I checked afterward in the morning it was a diamond. (I also realized that when I did go to sleep and WILD it was so easy because I was already in a False Awakening in my bed when it happened and didn't know it at the time).

Yeah you need the card to be so you dont need to move it. Hence why I suggest on top of your wardrobe facing upwards (as its very natural to drift upwards towards ceiling anyway).

My remote viewing is different to my OBES, I dont have a clue why that is so. I know its the same for the gov people who do it too thou they see things RV differently then I do.

appeared to have a million tiny sparkling stars embedded into its surface

Ive heard of some seeing objects like that during OBE.. maybe the sparkling bits are energy you are seeing?? life in atoms? who knows. I find with myself that my astral sight is very much like my physical sight, I had a teacher thou who when he was astral, he would see everything with like a purplish overlay (but I havent heard of others seeing it like that).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Sep 2013 06:14

lucidinthe sky wrote: As for the experiment itself, I'm having a hard time understanding it. Being a bit of a skeptic about "astral projection"

I think its good to be skeptical but also to stay open minded some.

In in general I'm wondering, can you just read things or actually physically interact IE: flipping the card over?

Ive no idea if one could go to the card and flip it over and read it and get a correct answer (maybe a remote viewer would be able to do that? but dont know if someone OBE could), hence I would stick with having the physical card so you dont have to move it.

Whatever abilities are required to do this, I would think that it would take significantly higher level of ability to actually interact with the physical world (of course even reading something is interacting isn't it?)

I personally dont think so, even as a novice OBE person (which I still are, Im certainly not an expert in it yet thou have had quite a few OBE experiences) I had quite a few experiences with interacting astrally with the real world. It was one of those experiences which vertified to me that this stuff was real and I really was in the astral plane of our physical world and could truely interact with it.

I had my experience vertified to me by finding and reading something astrally that I was able to check as soon as I got back to my body. (in my case it was finding a gift voucher that my boyfriend had unknowingly to me till I seen it there astrally, hidden on top of my wardrobe, I not only saw it from my floating by the ceiling place, so had gone over to check it out but also had read exactly what shop it was for and the amount written onto the gift voucher. That experience was the one which shattered all doubts I'd had previously around this stuff. I had not a clue my boyfriend at that time had got me this as a present till I astrally saw it there.

Ive had other vertification experiences too but that first was more then enough for me to believe in the reality of this.

But then I was thinking, can you read it in the dark or should you have a small light on? I'm not trying to be difficult just having a lot of questions about the experiment and what people think is possible.

That is an interesting question.. it's probably just me but when Im astral I cant usually see in the dark!! I believe many do thou (I know my teacher used to be able to see easily in the dark). When I was working at OBE stuff, due to my inability to see in the dark (it was just like looking out of my own physical eyes), I started leaving my hall light on so that if I got out I could at least see a bit. So many of my OBEs were messed up by getting out of body and finding I couldnt see in the dark of my bedroom (I not only was stuck in the bedroom as I was struggling to pass throu walls but stuck in a dark bedroom due to having the door shut too. I ended so many of my OBEs due to that). That being said thou, I do nowdays know that my astral sight can become better and I can end up seeing even in the dark but only if Im far enough away from my physical body eg not in my bedroom.

Dont thou allow yourself to be tainted by that experience of mine as I think many dont have this issue. It's like the astral reading thing, you will hear many astral projectors say they can not read things from the physical world when they are astral eg things blurring. I had my experience and found out I can easily astrally read before I came across any comments about it being hard. Its quite possible that peoples expectations on that make it hard for some to do. If you get out, have faith you can do these things and just try it and see. I think experimentation with an open mind is the best way to learn more about reality and what can and what maybe cant be done.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Sep 2013 17:10

I tried this again this morning. With a card facing away from me, but propped up so I wouldn't have to touch it.
I had a bit of a dry spell for a week, then suddenly with the intent to be lucid dreaming or even have those OBE type lucid dreams I am surprised it worked yet again 2 days in a row. Going to sleep with intent really does wonders. And what I experienced this morning... if it's not an OBE, I don't know what is!

I'll write my own thread about my experience and this experiment / lucid dream goal in the science section. It's an experiment after all. Because it didn't work for me doesn't prove anything, but if it did work, it would be amazing and would finally verify it for me.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”