Lucid Dreaming for Inner Work and Growth

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Shibby30

Lucid Dreaming for Inner Work and Growth

Postby Shibby30 » 09 Sep 2013 23:24

Hello again. I'm primarily interested in lucid dreaming for psychological/spiritual growth. I haven't had many strong LD's in the past year and haven't been able to bring this intention for inner exploration into an LD yet. So I'm interested in other people's experiences of how they have gone about inner exploration. What do/did you do? Do you ask questions to the dream? Do you dialogue with dream figures? Confront nightmares and the like?
theinnerroad.blogspot.com

Son Of Somnus

Re: Lucid Dreaming for Inner Work and Growth

Postby Son Of Somnus » 10 Sep 2013 12:56

Flying in dreams is, in my opinion, one of the coolest, most awe-inspiring, and spiritual things you can in a dream. I had a dream a year ago where I was in a skyscraper listening to a concert, became lucid and ran through the window, flew around in the sunset through the clouds all whilst listening to relaxing classical music. I still remember that dream really well and it is one of my most favorite ones. Probably all of my favorite dreams have been spiritual in some way.
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 10 Sep 2013 14:37

Shibby30 wrote:Do you ask questions to the dream? Do you dialogue with dream figures? Confront nightmares and the like?

I do all that. I love talking to dream figures. I had some interesting conversations that made me open my mind to various theories about life, death, etc.

Clair

Postby Clair » 23 Sep 2013 22:45

I tend to pose a question that I'd like to answer in my dream. Sometimes the answer comes and sometimes it doesn't. In my experience, if the intent is there, eventually something will manifest in dream form which I'll be able to decipher a meaning from. The key is to read between the lines of all your dreams, not just the lucid ones. Keep a dream journal and use it nightly if you're not already doing so.

Personally, I went through some very heavy life changes a few years ago. There were issues that I wasn't able to work out in real life, so I turned to my dreams to help me find meaning and closure in all that I had been through. I read up on dreams and their meanings and kept a dream journal. It's up to you to find meaning in your dreams, whether its a spiritual quest or getting through a rough time in life. Deep down, everybody has the answers to their own questions.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Sep 2013 04:42

I dont tend to use my LDs for spiritual growth but rather tend to use my normal dreaming for it instead by using the symbolism to learn about my subconciousness, gain spiritual insight etc

I do at times do inner child work in which thou it isnt what most would call LD but it is very similar eg I will get in contact with various aspects of myself and may see them during meditation and then work with my lower aspects to help myself spiritually grow. As they grow I see the images appear more beautiful and they usually get older too eg a part of myself may first appear as a very young child, very skinny, unkempt and dressed in rags (waif like) but once I heal the part it turns healthy looking, attractive several years older.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”