Screen affact lucid dream??

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Sun

Screen affact lucid dream??

Postby Sun » 25 Sep 2013 21:15

Hey everyone!!
I have a question about lucid dreaming.
Can watching tv or after your were behind the screen like pc affect your lucid dreaming??

Thanks!!

Peace!

HAGART

Re: Screen affact lucid dream??

Postby HAGART » 25 Sep 2013 22:32

I've heard looking at a computer screen before bed can ruin your ability to sleep, and I must say that is true in my case. I once used my laptop in bed when I was tired and then when I turned it off I couldn't sleep. The light from the screen tricks our senses and wakes us up, because light keeps us awake. (Or so I heard that's why, but I can attest that it does affect my ability to sleep.)

TV is far enough away from my eyes though so I don't have a problem.

I will often dream about something I saw on TV or even get 'The Tetris Effect' from playing a video game too much. I can close my eyes and still see the game, and often have bizarre dreams about it. But I also heard that these residual images that we see can help keep you aware as you watch them during Hypnogogia and they become the hypnagogic imagery before a dream starts. (I've never actually done that.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Sun

Postby Sun » 27 Sep 2013 13:39

Thanks Hagart!!

You help me a lot for your answer!!

Peace!

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 28 Sep 2013 00:46

For me, sometimes, it helps watching tv. I f i see a long movie or some episodes of a tv series, chances are that i will dream about it. It happened a few times. Had non-lucid and lucid dreams about the movie i was watching.

Sun

Postby Sun » 28 Sep 2013 13:32

Okay that is soemthing else, yeah i had that too sometimes, but can you still control it, i mean dreams are dreams right??

Thanks, Peace!

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 28 Sep 2013 17:50

Sun wrote:Okay that is soemthing else, yeah i had that too sometimes, but can you still control it, i mean dreams are dreams right??

Of course. As i said, sometimes i have lucid dreams about it. And i take advantage of that to be a character of a movie i saw. All being lucid.

tea

Postby tea » 29 Sep 2013 00:38

so, after all: everything is possible.
although i recommend not to spend every evening in front of a screen, tv or computers can help you with lucid dreaming.

as far as it goes for me: as a young child i discovered that when i think about something a lot during the day, i would dream about it.
when i understood that, i tried to use that information to have the dreams i wanted. i started to think about things i wanted to dream about right before falling asleep - but it turned out, that whenever i tried to "force" myself into a dream-topic, i would NOT dream about it.

this way, i got rid of my nightmares: i simply thought about scary things before falling asleep.

so, from that moment on, i haven't had a single nightmare again.

:D
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Sun

Postby Sun » 29 Sep 2013 10:53

That is akward, I would simply not think about scary things before falling asleep, Because I scare that it will
follow me to my dream, but i had that before when i would to dream about something but didnt happen.

Cool thanks for the comments!! :D

lukesmith88

Postby lukesmith88 » 04 Oct 2013 19:53

Having screens in your room can affect your sleep in general, which in turn affects REM therefor affects dreams. Even something as small as a digital alarm clock will affect your sleeping patterns. The less the better.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 04 Oct 2013 20:44

Come to think of it, I use to keep my lap top (MacBook Pro) in my room. When I close the top, it goes to 'sleep mode' and there is a little light that pulses slowly from light to dim. I would get annoyed with it as I was falling to sleep and use to toss some clothes on it just to block the light.

It was so dim, but enough to affect me. It was also because the light was changing and even with my eyes closed I could sense the light (ever so slightly) slowly pulsing.

So even the slightest little bit of light can affect my ability to sleep. (My digital clock doesn't seem to affect me though, and perhaps because it is constant).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”