Dreams and Morals

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Goldkoron

Dreams and Morals

Postby Goldkoron » 21 Sep 2013 19:29

I often wonder and believe every day that I am a monster, due to the thoughts and ideas that I produce in my head. I would worry that I would do bad things one day. But then I have been having these dreams lately, putting me in scenarios where I could easily do something evil, but instead I help a person, or provide mercy to someone that I am fighting in a dream. It sort of tells me what I would actually do when these situations come. I believe that dreams show and tell us our true selves, and our unspeakable thoughts, are only thoughts.
Do a reality check

VingTsun

Re: Dreams and Morals

Postby VingTsun » 24 Sep 2013 13:44

I have dreams that i am hurting my girlfriend physically and driving my family off a bridge. i would never imagine doing these while awake cause i care about them immensely. I sure hope you are wrong :(. If you are really worried about eventually doing something bad, tell someone close to you. Like your parents or significant other.
~VingTsun~
~Too many Lucid Dreams to count~

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Sep 2013 07:20

You may be over thinking things and hence then worrying about this.

Dreams are just your subconciousness manifesting and emotions can be often way exaggerated in dreams. I dreamed once I murdered my mother, it was a very violent murder, I slammed her head against a wall till her head was all smashed up and she was dead. I know that that dream for me was rather healing and let a whole lot of bottled anger I'd been holding against my mother out so I dont regret that dream at all, thou it really sickened me as the sight I remembered was so horrific when I woke up that it made me want to gag.

I dont think you should be too concerned over what you create subconciously (I'd be far more worried if you were acting out terrible violence in your LDs).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

VingTsun

Postby VingTsun » 03 Oct 2013 15:21

Its nice to hear I'm not the only one.
~VingTsun~
~Too many Lucid Dreams to count~

radicaldreamer

Postby radicaldreamer » 18 Oct 2013 13:05

My morals in dreams vary all the time. In dreams I often freely remove clothing from women, but they are never opposed to it, and I'd probably refrain from it if I found them to be apprehensive.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”