The Universe :O

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Peter

Re: The Universe :O

Postby Peter » 26 Sep 2013 21:06

And I read on this site that Tesla was a very imaginative person too

If I am correct Tesla used to build and run models in his mind and leave them running, when he came back to them they were working or not working and if not working he could look at them and see what didnt work, fix it and so it goes on

A virtual workshop in realtime
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Sep 2013 21:30

Yup, Tesla was a dreamer and conceptual-dreamer-thinker in real time with physical consequences in his dreams/visions.

(As the story goes. I never met him, so I don't know, and I know how history can get misconstrued.)

But it's certainly possible.

I tried building a fire out of sticks in a lucid dream and watch it burn. The only thing stopping me was my own attention span.

But I believe it is possible to watch a conceptualization unfold before your very eyes and follow the rules of 'physics' in a dream state.

Although I can't prove it, I give my props to Tesla and others, and paving the way.

Don't discount us lucid dreamer thinkers. Out side the box? There is no box!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 27 Sep 2013 00:18

Einstein was asked, "What's it like to be the smartest man in the world?" He a answered, "ask Nikola Tesla".

Tesla was an amazing man, it was interesting reading what you guys thought about him and I'd thought I'd share this!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Sep 2013 03:21

I saw a show about Tesla and Edison, two pioneers in the persuit of usable electricity, and I must say Tesla was so much smarter and more humble. Edison get's all the credit, but Tesla was a greater person and scientists in my opinion. Edison just had more PR and news articles about him. He was a bit of a celebrity in his day. But history always tells the full story, and although he is not a house-hold name, Tesla was a genius and worthy of remembering.

I was starting to think this is going off-topic, but when you have a post about 'The Universe' in the off-topic section... ANYTHING GOES!

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 27 Sep 2013 23:17

Yeah Edison would have gotten nowhere without Tesla. They worked together until splitting up over a disagreement. Edison wouldn't hear what Tesla had to say about Alternating/Direct Currents.
I named my garden snake Tesla (:
Well said.

Peter

Postby Peter » 28 Sep 2013 03:00

I listened to a great audio book on Tesla, well worth it if anyone is interested in him
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 12 Jan 2014 13:11

Wow forgot i even made this topic aha :oops: :D
Thank you for all your wonderful answers and words of wisdom. I got a telescope for Christmas so i can play with that and learn more about space. Now i'm kinda moving onto like, conspiracies, illuminati and stuff. I read somewhere that they have knowledge on Atlantis and space and martians but, who knows. Hopefully one day all secrets will be spilled :lol:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Jan 2014 17:47

Be careful.
I watched a documentary about mermaids, and they had proof with video evidence.
I had to laugh though, because it was so cheesy and I know better. And then in the ending credits they admit that it was all a hoax.
I love mysteries and wish there was a bigfoot, but you gotta keep a level head.
Lucid dreaming is enough to keep me occupied and I love the mystery of it.
I have a telescope too and my brother gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago. I haven't used it in a while but the Moon is a great thing to look at and few people have the opportunity to do so. But when you do, it's a spiritual moment and makes you realize how small you are.

On the one hand I discredit a lot of supposed mysteries, but on the other hand, take a telescope and witness the majesty of nature and the universe and you can't help but feel humbled. It's hard to describe, but you feel a sense of AWE when it happens and I encourage others to do so. It wakes you up and is like a slap in the face!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Jan 2014 12:49

Conspiracy theories about illuminati, mermaids, 9/11... It's all wish-wash and for the superstitious. I can't stand truthers!

Anyway, is this still about the universe or what? And why don't we stick to its amazing facts? It's expanding indefinitely and theories about big crunches or rips have been ruled out. As it expands, all the stars will eventually die out.

Scientists can also see as far back as when the universe was only a few thousand years old. We can see any further due to a plasmic wall of radiation which shows how different the cosmos looked back then. If we could pierce through this "wall" we would be able to see the Big Bang.

Today, the cosmic background radiation (Big Bsng's afterglow) can still be seen. In a few trillion years, however, this evidence will be gone and the universe will have expanded to the point where other galaxies will no longer be seen from the Milky Way standpoint. We are,in a sense, lucky to be living now and to have discovered so much about the universe.

We could also talk about two ellusive factors about the universe: dark matter and dark energy. Anyone care to comment?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Jan 2014 12:51

*sorry: we CAN'T see any further than the plasmic "wall."

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”