Hey! Im Maya, 14 years old.. would love some insight :)

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
JustABeginner

Hey! Im Maya, 14 years old.. would love some insight :)

Postby JustABeginner » 28 Sep 2013 17:45

Hey Lucid Dreamers! My name is Maya and im 14 years old. I discovered Lucid Dreaming a few months ago when i was bored in front of my computer. I had then remembered that my friend told me about Out Of Body Experiences, so I decided to look it up and i read SO much about it, and in the process i also discovered Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection (which is basically the same as OBEs). I was so fascinated that things like that were real and proven, that i just HAD to try it out for myself! First i tried to have an OBE and almost got there, till i decided that it was pretty scary and not too safe. So i got more into Lucid Dreaming. Almost everyday i read new articles on this endless website, and ive been doing my reality checks constantly. About a week ago i had my first Lucid Dream! It only lasted a couple of minutes and was not on a high level of lucidity, but it still counts ;P
I had my second lucid dream a few nights ago which was also pretty short buy i mean cmon... a lucid dream is a lucid dream and if i had one, it means im actually getting somewhere and not wasting my time. I was so excited the next morning that i just decided to commit to lucid dreaming even more! I have so many things i want to ask my sunconcious and so many fantasies to fulfil in my lucid dreams, i really think it would just be easier to become an expert. But i think that the only thing holding me back is fear. I want to try WILD because im really good at inducing sleep paralasys (which i learned while trying to have an OBE), but ive read so many scary things about sleep paralasys and demons and what if i accidently turn my lucid dream into an OBE? What if i meet those "evil entities" that i read about? And i have a small fear of the dark (i still cant fall asleep if theres any light though), so at night when im planning to try MILD i get pretty scared for some reason so i just give up on lucid dreaming for the night. And this happens every night... the only way i can get a spontanious lucid dream is by doing my reality checks during the day and always having lucid dreaming on my mind. I feel like this is really holding me back and i wanna conquer this fear.. i just have this small paranoia that a scary face is gonna pop outta nowhere at any given time (it started after some idiot made me play the maze game... ugh no wonder). Anyways, if anyone has some tips or even a little "welcome to the crew" speech, id really love if you could leave a reply :)
Love, Maya <3

[ Post made via Android ] Image

torakrubik

Re: Hey! Im Maya, 14 years old.. would love some insight :)

Postby torakrubik » 28 Sep 2013 18:03

Hi Maya,

You shouldn't be scared about LDing, the other things you have read about (demons, OBEs etc) are considered by many dubious prospects at best. From a purely scientific point of view, nothing but anecdotal evidence supports the existence of paranormal entities. Myself and many other believe an OBE is simply a subtype of lucid dream and that in fact your 'soul' or equivalent does not actually leave your body as such. There are exactly zero documented cases of physical or mental harm coming to anyone directly from practising lucid dreaming.

In sleep paralysis, anything you experience is a product of the mind (however it will seem completely real at the time). This will take experience and time to get used to, and besides inducing sleep paralysis isn't actually required for WILD.

However I will leave it to you to decide what you make of your experiences, and I wish you luck with your journey.
Dreaming is my drug

tea

Postby tea » 29 Sep 2013 00:09

hi there, maya!

the two most important things at first:

- awesome name!
- i love your misspelling there; "sunconcious" :D

okay, so now that's said, let move on.

i'm very happy to read about the progress you described, it's always awesome to hear that people succeed in what they are trying! especially when it comes to lucid dreaming ;)

judging by what you wrote, i'm totally sure that your own personal lucid dream adventure is at it's beginning phase, and that you will do all those exciting things you have in mind - if you really go for it.

so, what's in your way? the sleep paralysis - or better, your fear of the hallucinations, or demons.
funnily (is this a word?) we were discussing that topic right here: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13697
if you want, drop by and see that there is nothing to worry about!

at this point a quick question: do you keep a dream-journal, or are you doing fine without one?

have fun and make sure to tell us about your progress - i'm very curious for what you'll have to report after your next experience!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

JustABeginner

Postby JustABeginner » 29 Sep 2013 14:33

Thanks for your advice guys! Im glad you took time to reply :)

Tea, in response to your response (ha, see what i did there? ;) ) I tried keeping a dream journal but it really doesnt work with my morning routine, and lately ive been waking up to find that i dont remember any of my dreams in the morning, but then during the day something reminds me of my dream and then i remember the whole dream in details! So i find that its easier for me to just wake up and go on with the day, but as soon as i remember something from my dream, i literally freeze and recall as much detail as i can, so i guess thats what works fotr me.
Gosh, im so happy i signed up to this forum! And i am SO ready to start lucid dreaming like a pro ;)

tea

Postby tea » 29 Sep 2013 19:13

cool! well if that's what works for you, great! :D

good to have you around!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Return to “Introduce Yourself”