What kind of technology

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.

What kind of technology

Postby dhoomdon » 26 Dec 2011 11:09

What kind of technology, I wonder, could there be for this sort of thing? I guess it would have to be something no one has really thought of before.

Re: What kind of technology

Postby jamjam » 30 Dec 2011 03:06

There are some masks, although you can't buy them (I think).

Site Admin

Re: What kind of technology

Postby Rebecca » 15 Feb 2012 06:47

All the current technology I know of is based on lucid dream induction. For instance:

Light-emitting lucid dream masks on the market (REM Dreamer and Dream Maker are available, while NovaDreamer II is still in development and has been for a long time).

Sound technologies like brainwave entrainment, hypnosis and relaxation music to create meditative states, from which it is much easier to become lucid or program your dreams in advance.

Lucid dreaming apps for the iPhone which detect when you're dreaming and play sounds to wake you (for lucid dream re-entry) or to prompt reality checks (audio cues integrated into the dream).

I think future technology might include virtual reality simulations which teach people to better visualize, perform reality checks (which can validate a simulated dream state), be more self-aware in a simulated second body and mentally disassociate from their real physical body.

This currently exists in part in a simpler format in first-person video games -- and research has found a correlation between video gamers and lucid dreamers. It would be cool if someone created a dedicated video game that specifically enhances the lucid mindset, I'd definitely be into that. And it would be the stepping stone to a more advanced VR technology for lucid dreaming in future...

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”