How To Enchance The MILD Technique!! Click Here!

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Creator

How To Enchance The MILD Technique!! Click Here!

Postby Creator » 31 Aug 2013 17:23

So, I went to bed 1AM and had to wake up 7AM...
I got barely any rest, but that's the point! I was tired as hell, and this happened, I went on the couch and started playing Minecraft, for a long time, then.. I took off my iPod and fell asleep. A long vivid dream about Minecraft! So you can do that, but when you're tired, say "I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming" until you fall asleep. And if you don't want to wake up to early, stay up all night, until you feel way to tired to do anything. And try the MILD technique. The reason I think it's better for the MILD, is- last time I tried it, I wasn't tired at all. And it failed. -_- But when you're actually tired, I think it'll work.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

Jacob46719

Re: How To Enchance The MILD Technique!! Click Here!

Postby Jacob46719 » 01 Sep 2013 18:48

well thanks for that! I'll combine that with constant reality checks.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 01 Sep 2013 18:52

by creator: I think it's better for the MILD, is- last time I tried it, I wasn't tired at all. And it failed. -_- But when you're actually tired, I think it'll work.

Giving advise but you are not sure if it will work is in my opinion no advise. My advise to you: To be humble and ask for advise until you are sure that you can contribute. :)

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 01 Sep 2013 20:22

My first ever lucid dream happened exactly like this.
Well said.

SnorlaxDreamer

Postby SnorlaxDreamer » 13 Sep 2013 00:20

It is true that sleep deprivation is a good way of getting lucid dreams often since the brain has to go faster into REM-sleep, and deeper sleep. Even though this is the case, I would NOT recommend anyone sleep deprivating themselves for the sake of lucid dreams!

The whole function of dreaming and sleeping is for the subcoincious to sort out the stress and process the experiences that has happened that day. Sleep deprivation will literally deprivate that necessary time for the brain to process the stress, leaving you with some bad side-effects. I tried to do this, and I ended up with constant anxiety, paranoia, lack of concentration ability and immense stress. That was until I returned to a normal sleep cycle.

So do not sleep deprivate yourself, unless you really want some bad side-effects in your waking life.. Besides that; it's said that the best lucid dreams come when the brain sleeps in a normal sleep cycle of 8-10 hours ;-)
"If I only could see you in my dreams, I would sleep all the time!" <3

Magenta

Postby Magenta » 16 Sep 2013 11:54

The Minecraft part of this is awesome. I only recently drank the Kool-Aid and got an account, and the idea of falling into its world via a MILD is probably something I should add to my LD to-do list.

I'd like to ask you, or anyone out there, if they think it helps to truly say a phrase like "I'm dreaming" out loud, or if by "say" they merely mean to repeat it to yourself in your head, which is what I've been doing. I figure that talking out loud, even about dreaming, would prevent the body from relaxing as easily, but I'm still very new to all of this.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 30 Sep 2013 05:30

Magenta wrote: I'd like to ask you, or anyone out there, if they think it helps to truly say a phrase like "I'm dreaming" out loud, or if by "say" they merely mean to repeat it to yourself in your head, which is what I've been doing. I figure that talking out loud, even about dreaming, would prevent the body from relaxing as easily, but I'm still very new to all of this.

Saying it in my head has worked really well for me. I must say I was a bit skeptical of this idea, but it's incredibly effective, one of the most effective things you can do. Personally I use "The next time I am dreaming, I will realize that I am dreaming." The reason it works is because you are forming an intention and dreams are intent driven experiences.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Magenta

Postby Magenta » 30 Sep 2013 11:24

lucidinthe sky wrote:
Magenta wrote: I'd like to ask you, or anyone out there, if they think it helps to truly say a phrase like "I'm dreaming" out loud, or if by "say" they merely mean to repeat it to yourself in your head, which is what I've been doing. I figure that talking out loud, even about dreaming, would prevent the body from relaxing as easily, but I'm still very new to all of this.

Saying it in my head has worked really well for me. I must say I was a bit skeptical of this idea, but it's incredibly effective, one of the most effective things you can do. Personally I use "The next time I am dreaming, I will realize that I am dreaming." The reason it works is because you are forming an intention and dreams are intent driven experiences.

Thanks. I do say something along the lines of the suggestions Rebecca gives in the LDFT repeatedly in my head, and have yet to have a MILD or WILD that way ever, though I *have* spontaneously become lucid a few times since ordering it, so I'm hardly going to say that her money-back guarantee isn't fair in my case. :)

Your point about using a phrase that's more clearly an way of forming an intention is helpful. Maybe that'll make a big difference for me. I have narrowed down my awareness as being the most likely main problem I have with becoming lucid now - my dream journal's definitely helping my recall a lot, and probably even making my dreams more vivid, but despite how bizarre they get, I almost never figure it out before waking, and am getting more and more desperate for a solution. :?

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”