Nasa Physicist Tom Campbell on alternate realities

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Re: Nasa Physicist Tom Campbell on alternate realities

Postby Summerlander » 29 Sep 2013 11:53

Communism is the proletarian's dream and the plutocrat's nightmare. It's fallacy is treating people like they are the same when they are not. It's an unrealised ideology from which a perfect utopia can never flourish. Why? Because we are still kids at heart.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 29 Sep 2013 12:36

Yeah. I think the reason it doesn't work is because (just as Thomas More said in his book Utopia), humans are infinitely selfish creatures. That was the sort of main idea revolving around the original idea of a Utopia.
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Sep 2013 02:35

An Ant Colony is the perfect society, and they get things done without crime, or corruption.
We even use words like 'Worker', 'Soldier', 'Queen', and 'Colony' to describe their society.
Coincidence? (Of course not, and the first biologists must have compared them to the ideal concept of the perfect society).

But that would never work with us humans would it? We have individual desires, and I can't change that.
We are more like troops of monkeys all screaming at the other troops, fighting the dominant alpha males in power, stealing each other's food, trying to fornicate with each other's mates, and flinging poo at each other! (Well, maybe not poo, but other weapons... our technology has improved....) :lol:

(That's MY view on society) :roll:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 30 Sep 2013 08:16

Ants are slave drivers and there are solider ants that kill the workers that don't work to correct rate, we are just like them :)
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 30 Sep 2013 15:54

Yea, ants have a very draconian society. Perhaps there are human societies on this planet more like ants than I realized. But do ants ever have an uprising?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Oct 2013 01:22

Are ants even...conscious?

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 01 Oct 2013 01:52

They are a hive mind. The workers, soldiers etc, might not have a conscious mind, but their main controller I.E. The Queen is conscious.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Oct 2013 03:41

I would say they are conscious at the basic level. They sense their surroundings and make simple decisions based on that. But of course they are not self aware and don't have a sense of self and individual desires.
I find insects fascinating when I watch them walk. They dart around and choose left or right, but why I have no idea. Even they probably don't know. They are non-lucid. But they do seem to make very simple decisions at the very least.

When I think of ants though, the ant itself is not the organism. The colony is. Much like a group of bacteria comes together to create a colony. And cells come together to create the human body. We do the same and are making a super-organism too right here on this Petri Dish we call, 'planet Earth'.

Cities are like an organism. Food comes in from the farms and leaves through waste management. Police are like white blood cells fighting disease. Roads are like blood vessels. And politicians are like the brain. (Perhaps brain dead at times, but we need to work on that.....) :roll:

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 01 Oct 2013 06:23

Reminds me of a theory I thought about based off the old "Turtles all the way down." concept. To those who don't know, it was based around an old religious belief that our planet was flat and attached to the back of a large turtle. Sounds ridiculous I know but come to think of it. No matter what structure we use, religion, science, philosophy, art, there is often one thing on top of another like a food chain. For basic cosmology, we have, the turtle (A nickname I use for beyond the the multiverse), Multiverse, universe, galaxy, Planets. For basic science bacteria, bottomfeeders (Shrimp jelly fish etc.) Sea life, reptiles, avians, mammals, Humans. For religions we have an interger as there's a split between. The lowest form is the darker aspects starting with Dark Deity (Devil/Hades/Anubis etc.), It's Spawn, Demonic beings, Humans being the neutral, celestial beings (Angels/fairies/etc) Demigods and Deities.

No matter the concept there is always someone on top or below. We may not be on the back of the turtle, but for all we know our universe could be a pile of Mucus someone Else's skin.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Oct 2013 11:08

Interesting replies on what it is like to be these creatures! B-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”