First lucid dream?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

First lucid dream?

Postby CobaltRose » 01 Oct 2013 08:37

Hi Everyone,

I'm a 17 year old girl, and have always been able to recall my dreams quite well. However, I've never thought I've had a lucid dream, until now. This morning, I woke up at 5:30am, my usual time to wake up for work, even though I had a day off. I stayed in bed and, before I knew it, had fallen asleep again. I then had what I think is my first ever lucid dream, it was also a pretty frightening dream and I rarely have nightmares. Here's how it went:

I was being picked up from work by my dad (unusual because it was usually my mum who picked me up). He kept driving over grassy areas, nearly hitting pedestrians, and he also kept getting lost, also unusual because he usually knew the way quite well. My brother was in the back seat behind me. He drove around for a while before we stopped in a town I didn't recognise. He stopped in the middle of the road, or there was traffic, I'm not sure. I suddenly began to feel a great crushing pain in my stomach (it was genuinely painful) that I initially thought was my brother pulling on my seatbelt, so I asked him to stop. He said that he wasn't doing anything. The pain increased and I began to scream and cry. I looked up into the rear view mirror and say myself, but not as I am now. I expected to see myself as the age I am now, but when I looked in the rear view I saw myself as I was when I was 6/7. Suddenly, yellowed pages started flashing before my eyes, and on them I could see glimpses of a report on a young girl who is being seemingly tormented by spirits. The car suddenly vanished, and I was lying in my bed. My bedroom was exactly as it is in reality, except there was a weird brown/murky colour to the air. I was holding a small tablet like a Kindle, and on it I was reading another report about a family that was being terrorised by spirits. I don't know whether this was the same family that the girl from the pages came from. I began to feel crushing in my abdomen again, and heard someone calling me. I also felt and heard someone walking down the hallway towards my bedroom door. I then came to the sudden realization that I was dreaming, and I began to say to myself 'Wake up! You're dreaming, wake up!' and I did wake up! When I asked my mum later, she said she was calling my name and was about to walk into my room, but then realised I was probably sleeping so let me be.

What does all this mean? It was a pretty frightening dream, and the pain was very real. It's been about an hour since I woke up from this dream, and I can still remember it vividly, although I can usually remember my dreams quite well. Strangely enough, I did have abdominal surgery when I was 6/7 to remove a tumour from my kidney, and the tumour did cause me to have a lot of pain in my stomach. Although, I was also pretty hungry when I woke up, so maybe the pains were hunger pains? LOL. :lol: Weird. Was this a lucid dream?

Hannah (CobaltRose) :D

Re: First lucid dream?

Postby tea » 01 Oct 2013 09:35

first off: cool!
a lucid dream is a dream where you realize that you a dreaming. that's all. so, yes, this was a lucid dream.

you asked what all of this meant, but let me tell you: it can be misleading when other people interpret your own dreams! i'm not saying that it doesn't work, i'm saying that you have to be careful with interpretations. even you own can be wrong, making you try to solve a problem which doesn't exist.

however, there is an interesting link between your surgery and what happened in the dream, maybe there is a deeper meaning. you'll have to listen to yourself - listen, not talk! ;)

so, congratulation on your first lucid dream, i'm sure it won't be the last!

one more thing: do you keep a dream-journal?
by reading your report i saw that you wrote down everything in past tense. try writing down your dreams in present tense, this help a lot in remembering and - when reading it again - imagining.

all the best!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Re: First lucid dream?

Postby HAGART » 02 Oct 2013 02:32

You normally wake up at a certain time and your body is use to that, but this time you continued sleeping in because you could.
This happens to me too and I basically 'wake up' in the dream, even though my body is still asleep. Hence lucid dreaming.
And they can become false awakenings too, and we get close to the waking up state of mind, so we can hear external sounds like your mother in real life or stomach pain from hunger, but since we are dreaming we misinterpret those senses.

(I'm not going to try and interpret the dream either).

But if you are sharing this to find others that can relate to you, than you've found the right place.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”